Australian RC Forums banner

E-Flite UMX MiG 15 DF

920 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  B-Money 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I bought one of these little planes not too long ago from mild to wild rc. In fact, it wasn't long after they arrived in the store I believe.

Anyway, having flown it a few times I just thought I would do a very little write up about them.

Like most of the other UMX planes coming from e-Flite now it comes with the AS3x stabilization system. This is the first plane I have that has it, before using it I thought it was a bit of a joke, a thing just for beginners that would later get in the way. However, after having flown a plane with it, it's a truly great system. I was flying in quite heavy winds and it seemed the plane didn't even notice it, the only hint of wind was that the plane was kicking the tail out, but even that was predictable. I guess the best way of describing it is that it gives a small plane a big plane feel.

Hand launch with this plane is easy, full throttle and a very minor throw. Once out of the hand it tracks straight, I was really ate gobsmacked by the way it flew. Landing again was easy, I just belly landed it, and it did slow down nicely.

One thing I did really like was that from the elevator servo there are 2 pushrods, one for each side of the elevator, not sure why I liked it so much but I did.

So yeah, I really recommend this plane, it isn't as agile as the other more 3d planes but it is stilla very nice plane to fly and with low rates is very easy to fly but it'll still kick it when in high rates.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.