Australian RC Forums banner

df35 - don't loose yourself!!!!!!!!!

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  millzee 
#1 ·
This video was made hoping the boat would be seen my some rich bombers fan, didn't work but it'll give you an idea what I'll finish with below, thanks.

This boat has meant a lot to me and my family, on Good Friday April 6th 2012 it was sold for $980 on the Royal Childrens Hospital fund raising auction. At the time I was upset as the hull and hardware alone had cost much more to build and paint let alone the beautiful glass/mirror cabinet that was built by a very generous local business man that didn't get a mention as promised. I was dissapointed that the media or the Appeal couldn't try to promote the boat as my only goal was to have as many rich blokes see it in the aim of one of them being a bombers fan and paying good money for it to raise more money than it cost to build, it should have been easy considering the Appeal was held at a the same footy stadium the bombers where playing the following day and with the number of "rich" celebrities getting around the stadium, I feel it should have been at the gound on the day. Instead, the display sat in my shed and has never left with only myself and a few others seeing it. My Father Inlaw outbid the highest bidder at the end of the auction as we had discussed that I would buy it back if it didn't sell for over $1000, (after 300hours work I wasn't going to let this thing go lightly). Mid January I found out the Essendon Footy club was coming to town and I decided to make my best boat a showpiece that I could display to the Bomber boy's in a hope that they'd be impressed enough to sign it and from that day until it was finished I lost myself and my only focus was on the boat, night and day, nothing else mattered, I even forgot my family, this is something that will never happen again in my lifetime, it's family first and the toys can find there place in our family life, otherwise, I don't want them. The boat was finished and autographed on the 6th Feb, on the 6th March we found out my Father Inlaws life threatening blood clots had been caused by lung cancer that had spread to his hip and was closing in on his spine, our lives changed from this point, months of optimism, sorrow and tears to which we wish upon no other. Sadly, Eddie lost his battle just before lunch on Tuesday 26th June 2012. He was being cared for extremely well by the staff at the St.John of God Hospital in Ballarat, the staff become more like friends to all involved and had guy's that could explain difficult things to a bloke like me in my words so we could all understand. Never have I seen such willingness to care and open heartedness in a team of humans, they are truely beautiful people that deserve more time in life as money can't replace the amount of times they put other peoples health before themselves and there own families.
Today unaware to me, my wife called the hospital asking if they'd like the boat as a donation to raise money for the cancer center and to our amazement we found out the bloke(3rd leading cancer doctor in the world) looking after Eddie, is a huge Bombers fan. The hospital is having a huge fund raiser in Febuary and the lady said these doc's pay big dollors for crazy things on the night and would not only be willing to take it but would like to have a plaque made in memory of Eddie and displayed in the hospital from now until the event, let's hope Crameri comes through as a star and the bombers win the flag!
For the first time in months we have found some happiness in this horrible chapter of our lives, I hope that soon we'll find more. I have told my wife to just let me know and I'll get it ready for display and delivery, it's in her hands now, closure!!

Don't loose yourself and forget what's important!!!!!!!!!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice work, to say the least..... WOW!!!

There's a bit of AFL history. Good work!

#7 ·
No thanks to all the media hype and controversy, this boat was set to be auctioned at tonight gala fundraiser in Ballarat to benifit cancer research but has now been delisted and will be kept in a storeroom until "whatever" pans out and the marketing department will have to work out a new plan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.