Australian RC Forums banner

Ultimate rescue boat

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  TristanJones 
#1 · (Edited)
Here' a full run down:

A purpose built rescue vehicle to recover stalled or over turned boats.

The Evo - URV Specs;

Power : 12V dc - single 3.3ah battery to power everything - including the receiver
Motors: Twin counter rotating 5 pole brushed 12v 5000rpm with 380gr/cm of torque
Prpos: 63mm - 2.48"
ESC: 12V with BEC and regenerative motor driver which means the battery is recharged whenever the URV is slowed down or reversed
Steering: Rudderless differential drive ( tank type steering )Overturned recovery: Servo operated
Cooling: Water cooled motors and ESC - collected from prop

an a couple of pics

Design is a full displacement hull

the insides - with the goodies blacked out .....sorry

and the full vid

See less See more
1 3
#2 ·
Nice work! It looks great with all the emergency colors.

#4 · (Edited)
Just had a look (missed the link). Is it reverse prop rotation for tight turns, or does just one motor turn? I love it! It looks like it's purpose built and stands up to the task for sure. The lights are cool!

#6 ·
All the goodies blacked out :p

Good idea if he plans on selling the rescue boats rather than leaving everybody to DIY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#8 ·
yeah but only looks like the esc and the arm servo setup which I can think of ways to do what he has done also. Couldnt imagine you would get enough detail off pics of that quality to build your own parts.

BUT does look handy lol. I think maybe a bigger loop and higher too like someone in the vid said. If I flip my boat out in the middle of the river it would be another 100mtrs downstream before I could get that boat to it. And then it would be to far to seewhere the loop is to get it to hook up.

#9 ·
Hi Matt,
I blacked out the areas in the pic because I don't want to give away any ideas of the ESC I'm using to " drive" the boat. Same goes for the servo/tow hook connection which removes any load from the servo when its in use. I've invested quite a few months in R&D on these two items alone and I'm not giving it away for free :)
A bigger loop is on the cards at the moment for sure but as this was the first test run I had to start some where.
Its not a speed machine, the motors max out at 5000 rpm with 380g/cm (5.3 oz/in) of torque and push 63mm props.
As you can see in the video it has no problems dragging a 43" Aeromarine Conquest cat.
I could change out the motors for 10000rpm or higher but I'd sacrifice torque for speed.
One thing I forgot to mention is the run time. Using the 3.3ah battery your good for 7hours use

#10 ·
Yeah massive market for rescue boats..........lol other than elec digny i prefer the baitcastor and decent kingfish out fit with waited tennis ball....

can cast acuratly to 100 metres, cast past boat and let leader grab hull,rudder or prop... easy.. and improve your casting accuracy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.