Australian RC Forums banner

Boat Stands

11K views 55 replies 16 participants last post by  wobblygts 
#1 · (Edited)
Iv'e been busy making a start stand for my Nitro Hydro and have plans for a mono friendly stand.

I'm adding self retracting hold down straps in the next few days.

A good boat stand is as important as any part of the boat.

Post pics of your stands.

Big thanks to Krusty for the connectors. :tea:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
More pics with the Hydro on it.

Attachments

#5 ·
I havn't seen any like that before. Is it wood or plastic? Can they be bought, or are they home made?

I carry mine with the foam covered handle at the rear. I should have the self retracting hold down straps done by next week, just waiting on the shock cord to arrive.

#7 ·
I'm amazed at the alignment of all the holes. How do you do that?

#8 ·
A ruler, pencil and hole saw / large diameter auger drill bit is usually a good start. ;)

Cheers,

Steve

#16 · (Edited)
The "T" connectors x 18, are about $2.70 each on ebay (I got some from Krusty for nought), A length af conduit is about $5.00, the insulation tube was $6.00 for two meters. There are 20 cuts on a lathe involved in the conduit pieces.

It has cost me approx $50 so far. I think it's worth it.

I feel better working on a boat with a sturdy stand.

#14 ·
Why spend so much bloody time on a stand????? Checker plate polished alloy (for wank) and car pinch mould!!!

Have one for every boat and they can be thrown at a brick wall but still super soft on hull and some rubber pads on bottom for no slip....

Pc looks like you raided a plumbing store???? impressive plumbing though... :bathbaby::thumb:

Large cat and small mono pitured

They dont have motors so why waste time and energy.. Could be better spent on your boat.... Sure craig lowndes doesnt spit and polish his car hoist...lol

#17 · (Edited)
Why spend so much bloody time on a stand????? Sure craig lowndes doesn't spit and polish his car hoist...lol
I bet he kissed his hoist after every race he won until he went pro. I'm pretty sure he succeeded because he was a perfectionist. Every part of his business would be A1 and functual.

I will make you one Mouse! If you want. I think I have enough "T's" to make another one. How long is it from the bow to the transom and how wide is the widest point of the hull?

#15 ·
Here is my boat stand, nothing special. Like the boat it was built on a shoe string budget. No rope handles on this one, because with a previous boat it slipped off the stand while carrying it to the water damaging the nose. I need to have a holding strap and then I may fit some handles.
I will keep an eye on what you fit to your stand Brett.

Boat Watercraft Wood Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Automotive exterior
Boat Wood Automotive exterior Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Composite material

#19 ·
My boat will be as fast as the amount of effort (R&D) I'm willing to put into it, before it hits the water. Then a little tinkering afterwards.

#21 ·
Clockwise you say! So I was going the right way 30 years ago. Thanks for the heads up!

#22 ·
Have you seriously been pacing the room for that long.... Time for new shoes, and yes boats in the southern hemisphere spin clockwise... Just like your crap in the sh.tter..........

#23 ·
See a Doctor.

#25 ·
It's funny because my name on ebay is feboats. Go figure!

#28 ·

Attachments

#31 ·
Ebay has connectors from $2 each, they come from China though so it's a bit of a wait.
The local hardware in town sells them for $6.95 each.

Nice stand RDS.

#32 · (Edited)
I just finished the self retracting hold down straps, here are some pics. Please don't steal my idea! lol

I'm going to fit 100mm wheels up the front so I can transport it to the lake.

I have plans to add a 1 litre waterproof tool box as well.

Attachments

#33 ·
That looks good Brett, it's good to know that your boat won't fall off the stand while moving it around. I had a boat fall of the stand while carrying it to the water, not good:mad:. The tool box idea should be good also. Keep the pics coming.
I won't steel you idea:), I don't think that would work on my crappy wooden stand.

#34 · (Edited)
This is how it's carried, I'm adding two wheels to the front so I can pull it behind me and protect the front of the boat. They will most likely be 1/8 truck wheels.

Iv'e dropped a boat off a stand as well, no it's not a good look!

Attachments

#35 · (Edited)
Once I work out the cost properly, I might put them up on ebay.

I better fix the spelling mistakes too. lol

Attachments

#36 ·
Just added a 1 litre waterproof tool box. I might look for something longer from the supplier.

It will hold 4 or 5 lipo's or glow igniter and tools.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.