Australian RC Forums banner

"Hellrazor" just a bit smaller!!

12K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  millzee 
#1 ·
I think I have enough to start a build thread, a goal, a hull/hardware and a engine. A few years ago I bought myself a monster truck with the intention of teaching myself how to tune a nitro engine before leaping into a boat and got lost, Long story short is, last friday night I was in the shed looking around at all the toys and "projects" and I realised I'm done with this search for a thrill or what ever it is I've been on for the last couple of years. I grew up near Echuca on the Murray River and remembering my childhood, I remember days of joy and excitement as we all learned to water ski followed by years of meeting great people and learning the "laws of the river" the unspoken ones that are learnt around the camp fires on the sand bars after dark. These memories have made me realise I'm not living too far away for my family to enjoy the same. I'm hoping to use this boat to give me the reason to get back to the murray and maybe catch up with some old mate, we might remember what we had in common?

This hull is going to become a little "Hellrazor". Hellrazor is a 21ft Force hull powered by a twin turbo 510-cubic-inch (8.36lt) big block Chevengine....an awesome ski boat that's worth trying to replicate in some way.

Today I spoke with the guy who makes the hull's and he's willing to check out some pic's of the 1:1 and make a hatch that'll do the job and I've contacted a guy who's a wizz with a sticker machine so with a bit of luck it'll all come together soon enough, I need to finish the cat first.

See less See more
#2 ·
where'd ya grow up exactly? I'm from echuca also originally. I would go God's Gift if i was gunna do a boat up. But this comes in close too. I think some of the previous paint jobs are a bit more out there though. His other boats are a lil more complex too i reckon.

U me n fatcat must catch up one of these days. all not that far from each other. How far is Merniong res from you guys? Its over near Ballan.

I will be taking the ski boat over there once it warms up a bit and looks like a great place to take the rc boats too.

#4 ·
Ahhh the love of Boats, I grew up on the hawkesbury River (Brooklyn). Bridge to Bridge has been a big part of life lol. Watched the above boats for years, Nothing beats the look and sound of "Hellbent" though, The thing is a Beast.......My Oldest Brother used to build some of the engines in them. Twin Turbo's feeding superchargers and all sorts hahaha. Good luck with the build mate.

Here's Hellbent
http://www.clubmarine.com.au/internet/clubmarine.nsf/docs/MG23-1+Club+Marine+Southern+80

#5 ·
I did my apprenticeship as an engine reconditioned with a ski boat racer as my boss. He raced in gods gift, and bridge to bridge, I remember all the trophys in the reception.
I did that job for 9 years so I got to fit and rebuild a few boat engines in my time.
I still miss the first fire up of a v8 ski boat engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
yeah i figured you both from maryborough. Sounds like a plan if the res is that close. its about 40 mins from my place. I've seen boats and jet ski's out there and NO HOUSES around meaning I can unleash the seducer on the lake hahaha

#8 ·
I grew up in Tongala, a small 1200pop. town 15 minutes out of Echuca towards Shep. The Seducer would be great to see screaming along anywhere,lol. Here in Maryborough we have a res that's suppose to be good to ski on in town and a few small lakes in the surrounding 20 minute drive, if you bring your boat up here and give me some notice I'm sure I could acommodate you and chuck in some fuel cost's, Sunburys just down the road.

#10 ·
The sticker wrap guy who call himself a wrap expert is "too busy" to take on a custom job at the moment, lol, running off one word stickers must be an easy way to become an expert. Can anyone put me onto a sticker wrap expert that wants to do something impressive??

#12 ·
I phoned viper hull's today and after a good chat with Tony, I've decided he can take care of the hull mod's to make it look more like the goal. On a Us monster truck forum I am friends with a bloke in Brisbane that post tonight that he works with the owner of Force Hull's (Hellrazor is a f21). I'm hoping he might be able to assist and maybe tony could make a mould of a 56" F21 for me, I don't think I want to start making hull's at this point of my life but the thought of having a f21 mould sure is tempting.

#14 ·
The hull needs changes to the top, deck and transom to make it look more like a Force 21 hull. I think it'll work out cheaper to hack up the existing hull and modify it to replicate the f21, rather than get the hull design and build a mould but it sure is tempting, the opportunities for a hull that meets a solid race class requirements are endless, a "BIG" brushless set up would be a must.

#15 ·
one thing to remember is what works for big motors etc in full scale hardly ever really works the same for smaller scale RC boats.

I have seen a few copies, even have one myself and it will not run properly at all with a brushless motor in it. Its a copy of a Rivercraft woody. And was made by the guy who makes the full boats. But its useless. I have seen something similar with a few other scaled down boats. If you think of it this way. They are designed for a power to weight ratio of (lets say boat weighs 1.5ton and motor is 1200hp) .8hp per kg.

A model boat would weigh 5kg maybe. and the better gas motors are out around 6 or 7hp and burshless well depends how deep your wallet is. thats up atleast 1.2-1.4hp per kg.

Seems alot of work when I think with just stickers or paint there wouldnt be to many people who would even THINK to say oh thats not a force hull though.

The vipers run well. I have seen a few with decent motors in em and they handle the chop very well. I would be getting it painted up and maybe a cowl made up with a big motor molded in and it will look perfect.

#17 ·
How different are the hulls. Can u chuck a pic up of the viper hull.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

#20 ·
After further chats with Tony I think I've decided to let him build me a mould of the f21 hulls so I can make replica "hellrazor, hellbent, stinger, blazen, burnin ect, the list goes on, he'll make the ride pad work. I'm selling a few things at the moment and as soon as they sell, Tony will start the mould. Bring on a water tight, new design rc 56" offshore hull that'll be great for both electric and gas. This week I'll send him the hull and it'll become the original that'll help make the mould. New project!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.