Australian RC Forums banner

Battle Switch

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  scottb 
#1 ·
Hi all.....i bought a Battle switch and have wired it to the magnito earth to the switch then out to the cylinder head....creating a dead short.
I have wired the magnito earth to NC (nomaly closed) on the switch....then S1 (normaly open)out back to engine.
My problem is i still have spark after the switch is thrown over to normaly open.
I then have tried every senario with the two wires......and no go.
Could someone please help me to sort the problem out

Thanks
Scott

#2 ·
Pretty sure there's 4 ports on the battle switch, 2 labelled nc and 2 no, if so, plug each wire into each of the ports and try again

If there's 3 ports one nc, one c and one no, plug one into c and the other into any of the others and should work

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

#4 ·
"I have wired the magnito earth to NC (nomaly closed) on the switch....then S1 (normaly open)out back to engine.

NC & NO don't connect to eachother...only to "Common"

Is there a "C" connection? I have one of these in the garage but it's cold and wet so I'm not going outside to check. You need to use the C & NC if your wanting a failsafe type opertaion. Transmitter holds it open but in the event of a flat battery it'll fail to NC and cut the motor. Loss of reception won't work unless the channel you use has a failsafe option configured. Engine type & pic would help :)

#5 ·
Yeh Mr Baja...theres 4 ports, S1/SC/S2/NC
Ive tried every configuration possible....and ive still got spark.

Yeh ill pm paolo exraycer in rod we trust......thanks for responding guys

Cheers
Scott

#8 ·
i just read the first post.....again

RED or + from coil and black - must be connected, youve just connected two earths together lol

#9 · (Edited)
Yeh i want to dead short the engine...so i thought to do that if you earth out the magnito with the negitive - to engine,fit the switch in between the two and "stop engine"......

I just went back to the Zenoah electrical diagram and this is the way they set up there kill switch on the engines.

#10 ·
All righty then.....i have solved the problem with the help of you guys.
I have fitted the neg - wire from the magnito to "SC" slot....then out through"S1" back to engine...which creates a dead short.
The power to the switch has to be on so if the batts die or out of rang it will close the circuit aswell.
I think i had the switch so the power comes on when it dead shorts and not off.

Thanks everyone for you imputs

CHEERS
scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.