Australian RC Forums banner

Rescue Rigger

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  millzee 
#1 ·
I was set to finish my 42 cat this week but figured with the water getting colder, I need a rescue boat. The last few days have been long days/nights in the shed constructing this thing that still need's a little work to achieve my end goal for this vessel. As a rescue boat for rc's it does the job well but after my first test run I realised that it's floatation and size make it a very versitile water craft that when running right I have a few things in mind.
proto1

proto2

The set up is a castle 1717 1580kv motor with a turnigy 180 amp speedo that I added the large etti cap bank to cater for the extended battery box leads. I've made two battery box's that each hold 2x 4s 5000mAh Nano-tech's and the wire's have been soldered up for ease of use and safety. To turn the motor I'm using a hitec servo and the electronic's are controlled by a spektrum receiver and transmitter.
My first prop choice was an octura x447/3 and it popped onto a plan on take off but snapped the flex shaft and scared me off that size prop and I went back to a thinner 2 blade prop to take the load off, this craft is heavy. After a few more runs and prop changes I ended the day thinking I had the best result's with a m447 and back to the x447/3 realising that I must have stuffed that shaft when I ran the stilleto in reverse to see how she'd go, I burried the boat and it didn't run right after that.lol. Most my video footage was done by myself so I had to drive one handed so it's a little tame but I can tell you that she dances and bounces around up on a plane when driving with two hands and a heavy finger, good footage will come. The electronic's are up to the job but the vessel need's a little work, temperatures didn't come into at all, no issues there. The front sponson's need to be lowered to help get the main deck out of the water, I'll try over the weekend and see how it goes. I'm thinking this thing will be capable of around 30-40mph once I find the correct cog and prop.
Any advise is more than welcome

See less See more
#3 ·
this thing's big, I had to clean and tidy the shed for a week before I could start, now it's trashed again,lol. The boats weight I think is close but the front sponsons being too high amplify the issue, here's a few more pic's.
I'd really like some advise from guy's who have rigger experience to help me get this thing stable at 30mph. If I can achieve this I will try it at a mate surf club, just imagine reducing the human risk factor out of life saving???

#7 · (Edited)
That's really awsome Millziee. Great work, top job, great design.

Please send me the plans! :)

Love the Delta Force.

#8 ·
Mate you could try some carbon fibre tubes for the main parts instead of the PVC pipe, I think if you do that you'd probably save 1/4 of the weight

Helicopter tail booms hint hint google helikraft in google, you'll pik em up for nothing, if you need diameters let me know, I can let you know on that

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

#11 ·
thanks guy's. I like the chopper tail tube idea, I've also had an idea for a Morey body board with those two smaller front sponson's, I'm thinking surf life rescue device that'll support the person in danger until the dude on the jetski arrive's, it'll keep there head and sholders above water and could just float with the rip without being pulled under, a bit like throwing them a floating device but with much better accuracy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.