Australian RC Forums banner

Centurion Mini Brushless Catamaran

13K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  cmelerine 
#1 ·
I bought 2 of these little babies for me and my son. He has to wait until next Wednesday as its for his 10th birthday.

The boat came triple boxed so it arrived in perfect condition.

It is a small boat but very well made, its a fibreglass hull and cowl. The rudder and servo are nice and the motor seems pretty powerfull.

I had to add thread lock to all grub screws etc, but this is usually mndatory with anything from HK.

Anyway, here is a vid. Ill get this boat in the water tomorrow after work and hopefully get a video of my own! I am pretty excited :)

#4 · (Edited)
I just put 2 packs through this little Centurion. Its a fun little boat and I managed to keep it right way up the whole time. I was cautious in the turns though.

I have no other boating experience to compare this too. However it seemed to go pretty fast, it wasnt knee shaking fast and I think the speed will be ok for my 10 year old son when he gets his next week.

It gets up onto a plane pretty nicely but at low speed tends to porpoise.

There is a video but I wont even bother putting it up since my 10 year old son filmed it without actually filming it. He watches my RC but not through the camera so the camera is always pointing at NOTHING! little pain he is. :)

#8 ·
I'm tossing up if I should get one now. It looks like I could put it in my back pack and ride my bike to the lake for a fun run.

So it's $108, plus four batteries ($50), a charger ($35) and radio gear ($23). That's about $230 for the boat ready to go!

I saw your review on HK Matt, I am interested to see just how fast one of these little Cats can go.

I recon these would be good for fun racing at the local lake, most people could afford one.

#9 · (Edited)
They are a fun little boat and with the right now how you could make it seriously fast. The strut isnt adjustable but I am sure you could replace it with an adjustable one to get the porposing down to nil.

I forget your into nitro and gas, cos for more of us we alreday have the lipos and charger.

It would def fit in a backpack.

I am interested to know how it will turn if I remove the turn fins??

#10 ·
The strut in adjustable but I am sure you could replace it with an adjustable one to get the porposing down to nil.QUOTE]

Can you please post a pic of the transom for me?

#11 ·
It's ok Matt I saw it on the HK site. It looks like I could elongate the strut mount hole for some adjustment.

#16 ·
Yeah, it would be my first real one. I have built a few non-RC aeroflyte electric balsa boat kits. lol
The first electric boat I saw running, was at Ludenham model park in the 80's. It had a brushed motor and 20 sub C nicad cells, that was pretty fast.

40 Minutes of running from 4 batteries doesn't sound very enticing.

#18 ·
I guess I would get bored with it after 40 minutes anyway.

#20 ·
lol That;s a good bit of advice LD. I'll start saving for one after my last payment on my Fusion next FN.

#22 ·
Are you saying choose a different boat. lol

#24 ·
Looking in my crystal ball, it say's you will father 20 children. He He.

#26 ·
These little boats have been fun for me and my son. We went down to the water today to have a run but mine wasn't going, the motor had seized up.

I have now replaced it with a EDF jet motor, it's all set up and ready to go. Will be interesting to see who wins the drags now, my son or me!??

#27 ·
Well I've been having some fun with matt's old boat : ) It's a fast lil bugger well was cooked the edf motor.... so now I'm not sure what to do, I like the look of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-rc-b...Radio_Controlled_Vehicles&hash=item3f0a78932c
but I'm not sure if a 4 pole motor will just make in roll under throttle?

or
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEOPARD-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2314d51377

the stock motor is a 2 pole 2445 3000kv what do you guys think?
I've also got a 60amp Turnigy boat esc on order currently/cautiously using a mamba max car esc
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7360

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.