Australian RC Forums banner

Twin Turbine large scale Cat

6K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  RogerDaShrubber 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That is fairly awesome!

I am officially hooked on boats now thansk to you.

Today there was a RC boat meet in the city. I went and watched for about 30mins. I left with a huge smile on my face and a lump in my pants! he he I cant wait to get my boat up and running!

#3 ·
What a beast, he said he babies it and dosnt even run it full throttle incase of a blow over as he dosnt want water in the turbines. Seems like a lot of money to me to spend on a RC boat that you dont really get the potential out of. Still awesome on the eyes

#17 ·
I own that MHZ Mystic and thats correct, I havent gone full throttle with it. I dont have access to a big enough fresh water dam near me to even try.
For the money side of things well hey thats what I wanted to build and I did, Im sure theres lots of people out there that spend there money in different ways, like drinking, smoking, cars etc.....the list goes on.

I have gas and electric boats and I will drive them flat out. Had numerous of blow overs with my electric mystic.
With my turbine, I never said I wont drive my turbine cat flat out, and im sure I will in time, but for now, I will run her at a fast but safe pace..

A guy in Germany did just that, full throttle and had a blow over on just about 100 miles/ hour and caused a bit of damage to the turbines, so thats some thing that I dont want to have to go through.

Peter

#4 ·
It's a lot of cash to spend, most competitive high end racing gas boats are in the $3000 to $5000 price bracket.

#6 ·
You don't know the wet side until your boat stops in the middle of the lake. lol

Boaties are good swimmers.

#11 ·
They have a certain appeal about them, no doubt about it.

#12 ·
I don't find them much interesting at all, the gas turbine is not really designed for the power on power off nature of Rc. Might be ok for the WOW factor but much more than that, i find them kind of boring.

#13 · (Edited)
It must be an old man thing. lol I guess for me it's more the thought of it, not so much as hands on.

I could'nt sit and watch them for very long, unless there was a BBQ happening and a few frothy ale's.

If it was mine I would probably stare at it for hours, just sitting on the coffee table.

#16 ·
Shiver me timbers and blow me down. That is pure genius! I read the whole thread and drooled over every pic.

#19 ·
I knew you were serious about your boats, that's why I posted about your boat here! Hope ya don't mind me sharing...

I would love to see it go..

#21 ·
A friend of mine has a better version of Manuels SAW Boat... Running twin 3080 Lehners.... Kills the turbines...

Turbine is for fun, no doubt... Wish i had one, but in the real world a brushless can beat them top speed.

Cool to have a turbine anything???

#22 ·
This boat wasnt built to make any speed records, so whats your point tiny........we all no electrics are the fastest, I do have a elctric mystic and Hydrolift 1100 cat as well....
PC WIZ (sorry dont know your name) who posted this thread was not comparing turbines to electrics or gas.....and wasnt talking about my boat is faster than your boat, he was just saying look at the turbine cat. so post your speed some where else.........
If its all about speed for you then go for it.

I like speed as well, dont get me wrong.... but this thread about a turbine cat, thats all !!!!!!.....

#26 ·
This boat wasnt built to make any speed records, so whats your point tiny........we all no electrics are the fastest, I do have a elctric mystic and Hydrolift 1100 cat as well....
PC WIZ (sorry dont know your name) who posted this thread was not comparing turbines to electrics or gas.....and wasnt talking about my boat is faster than your boat, he was just saying look at the turbine cat. so post your speed some where else.........
If its all about speed for you then go for it.

Are you ok newbie???? Taking the wrong medication maybe????? I said i wish i had one>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know how your sleeves got wet but i guess you live on a farm.....?

Know PC (brett).....for a long time my little friend and you dishing out your BS is not needed..

I love boats and how does a 3 poster think they can say other wise...

People that know me in the boat seen have seen my trophies, not that i need to justify to you... Sweet wet dreams champ

ps **** you x

#23 ·
Wetsleeves,
Im not into boats but I do appreciate the time / effort / research and dollars commited to the build. Sometimes I build things just for the sake of the build cause that's what I enjoy, the collection of FG's in my garage is proof of that. I'm in lust with this machine and thankyou for sharing. I've thought a few times to buy a turbine just to have and admire it :)

#25 ·
That video just got me motivated to finish off my 12s project lol!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

#27 ·
tiny, like I said Its not all about speed for me, I just wanted to build something different. Everyone knows electrics are the fastest and that isnt what this post was about.
I didnt mean it to come out the wrong way so I do appoligize if I offended you. Obviosly your into the racing side of things and thats what floats you boat, and thats great.

#28 · (Edited)
Wetsleeves,............... meet tiny. :yield: :croc:

:bolt:

#30 ·
It's all in good fun, what's the point other wise?

Love your boat!

#32 ·
That is awesome Wet Sleeves, great work. Some people get turbines and some don't. For me getting a turbine heli was my ultimate when it came to RC Helis and I finally got there last year. Even though everything else is electric there is just something about the sound of a turbine spooling up etc. Nice work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.