Australian RC Forums banner

tekin vs holmes esc

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Chack100 
#1 ·
i am new to crawling and i am wanting to up grade my esc i believe to Tekin FXR ESC or Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster BR-XL - Waterproof. Which of these would be the best for the money i am leaning towards the holmes hobbies but the tekin does sound really good. I have found them where there is about 10 dollars difference in them and was wondering if the tekin really is that much better then the holmes. I want the best that i can afford and these are a little more then i was wanting to spend, but what i think i am going to get ,but i would like to here what you all have to say. If you can think of another ESC that might be better for the same money please mention them. Also i plan on getting a 35 t motor as well when i get this esc. It is to go in scx that i recently purchased. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Tekin is tiny, only handles up to 3s and requires an external bec on anything more than 2s or with any half decent servo.

The Holmes is the size of a CC sidewinder, handles up to 6s and has a solid internal bec. It will also handle quite a bit more amps than the tekin for sure.

Unless your going for light wieght or need the esc to fit in a small space, for a SCX go the holmes.

Hope that helps
Kieren

#5 · (Edited)
Have sent him a message, but the web site says that he is out of stock hoping he has some hidden or something. Is there any thing as good for about the same money? I want the best i can afford, and this is just a little more then i want to spend, but i figured it was worth it in the long run.

#7 ·
who sells them in Oz and how what about going brushless with it how much more and what is a good motor with it. Sorry to ask so many stupid questions but i am just learning. Trying to get as much good info as i can. Have i also seen you on the crawl pit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.