Australian RC Forums banner

Websites for RC boats and parts

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Harks76 
#1 ·
I am considering getting a boat at the moment.

I am not sure if it will be gas or brushless.

But I have been doing a search and havnt really come up with many shops that sell decent boats, either RTR or just plane hulls.

I am in SA and there are two shops which I plan to visit this week.

RC Boat Bitz
Adelaide Model Boat Centre

But I am after more websites so I can continue my reasearch.

I am kinda leaning towards the larger scale stuff, and going for a gas motor.

Any help would be appreciated guys

Matt

#3 · (Edited)
#5 ·
I buy the majoirty of my parts from Hobby Supplies Australia, I also bought my last Hull from their. Tony is a great bloke and is always more than happy to offer his advise, If you google his name you will see he has a number of speed records for Gas boats to his name. (Tony Grinter)

I have a 50" Viper which was my first boat, Goes well but a little unsettled in rougher water, A bloke that heads out to the lake with us has a 56" Viper running twin RCMK's, The sound of the thing is amazing.

http://www.hobbysupplies.com.au/

#7 ·
I have an RCMK K30 in my Aeromarine Conqeust but yet to get this boat wet, Been ready for sometime now just can't find the time, My 50" Viper is running an RCMK 254 which replaced a stock Zen 26,

Out of the box the RCMK 254 is 10km/h quicker than the stock Zen. Best bang for your buck engine the RCMK except for the crap Pullstarters they come with but thats easy fixed with a Zen E-Z Starter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.