Australian RC Forums banner

Boat Rudder servo

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  PC WIZ 
#1 ·
#3 ·
dont touch them, they are the same as what comes in the RTR Rave, were,t even good enough to last 3 sessions as a throttle/brake servo. They make strange noises, center sh*t, and i dont think they are really what they are rated.

#4 ·
Do you have a suggestion for a better one?

#5 ·
I'd have a look at the bluebird servo's on HK, or even the HK branded ones. The blue birds might be a couple more $$ but have only killed them overloading them with incorrect EPA. The HK branded ones i havnt used but for the price i cant see them being much worse than the mg955. Its like everything though you get what you pay for, the cheapest i usually run now are hitec.

#6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look.

#7 ·
#9 · (Edited)
I wish the sellers included the current draw at the maximum KG rating.

I have been looking at the Hitech servos on the HK site.

I'm trying to find a metal geared servo with approx 8kg rating that is reliable and the lowest current draw at 6V.

#11 ·
If you have something like what I'm after, I would be happy to try it. Have a look and see what you can find. If it suits my needs I will send some cash your way if that's ok. If not I'll post it back.

Thanks!

#13 ·
Thanks for that! The RC community spirit is running well.

Cheers, Brett.

#15 ·
Not sure on KPH brett but minimal brand name metal gear...... The forces on that rudder will munch your servo if not sttrong enough... water at speed is like steel.......have a heap of airtronics if you cant souce any.. gotta be good for a solid 12kg... say they are 24..... pm me

#16 ·
My boat is not likely to go all that fast.

I have a couple of metal gear Bluebird servo's and a Hi Tech servo due next week.

In a pinch, these would be ok. Yeah!

I'll check out the Airtronics servo's. Thankyou!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.