Australian RC Forums banner

Princess Bargearse

8K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  millzee 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guy's, the last few week's I've bought, built and gutted a hobbyking Princess in a bid to build a good kid's boat that'll double as a rescue boat. My first reation to the boat was that it looked good and was pretty thick fiberglass construction and well made for the money. I pulled out the small 1650kv motor they give you and fitted a castle 1515 2200kv motor with a t180 and ran it on 2s4p 8800mAh (total) and it had a hard time getting going with the stock prop so I tried a 3 blade a tad smaller than a x440/3 and then went to a x445 but buy this time the stock drive shaft was vibrating so badly that it caused the cheap strut to bind and made driving it back from the middle a testing and slow trip. The stability of the hull was great and I think the kids would have loved it as it's only just fast enough to look cool on the plain. I did all my testing on the one set of batteries so run times are going to be awesome had I chosen to keep this set up.
Here's a few pic's of the first set up

See less See more
#2 ·
it's just me, over power it and hope for the best????
I'm going to run a castle 1717 1580kv motor, swordfish 240hv speedo and run 3s 20000mAh and (I think) a x450 or maybe a 3blade either 447 or 450. My goal will be to try getting over an hours slow trolling at around 15-20mph. I'll be needing 4 possibly 5 servo and at least one of them a sail winch for winding the reel, one for the drag, one for the reel release mech, rudder and one maybe for a burly bucket. Two TX-RX's, A shimano chronarch 100bsv bait caster, a 3-6kg T-curve 2.18mtr spin stick that can be swapped out for a 6-10kg. Sounds nutz, but this thing should work, the rod holder assembly has taken days to find the best way to distribute the weight of the rod being puller down to cause the nose of the boat to be forced down somewhat. I have designed some pool noodle ski frame floats that'll be mounted wide on each side through the hull with approx. 1/2" of movement (poormans suspension) and will extend almost 1meter behind the transom so the hull can steady seperate from the surrounding support structure so the hull will only act as a power sorce and a rod/reel holder. I figured the hundreds of people who've tried rc fishing boat's have more than likely cut a few corners on spend as the risk but I love my fishing and will put failsafe measures in place just in case some big kingy takes the lure once I get it out in some salt water. On a scale ratio, I've fished with lot's of guy's out 16 mile off the coast in a 5 meter fishing boat fishing the FAD for dolphine fish and marlin, if I can replicate the driver - fisherman team work that it takes out there but on a smaller scale catching 1-2kg chopper tailor for an hour or so, I'd be stoked, never know, if this works, the twin 42" cat can balance the weight of my 10-15kg rod perfectly!! wooooooooo!

#6 ·
Seeing all that fibreglass cut out makes me sad. I hope it works out ok for you. Otherwise, well it was a nice clean boat.

#8 ·
Lol, yeah I'm already over it. It's amazing what a few brews will do!

#9 ·
A real rc fishing boat can be bought for a couple hundred bucks, my cousin in Greece has one, unbelievable

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

#15 ·
Outriggers maybe?

#17 ·
Sweet millzee, got some nomad stickbaits and a bunch of gear to help you.... Hook up massive FPV and we'll hit the shelf drop off!!!!

On a t stick with stella ........... Bitch was a mission.....I'm 110 kilo's and 6ft there....... Beats ET's biggest by 7 kilo's.... need another 1717...........lol

#18 ·
nice catch mate, that might be a bit much for this set up, 3-5kg targets with this one. 10-15kg with a wider/flatter 42" cat with outriggers and twin 1717's, that'd be fun for a couple of blokes to fight a beast like that. Looks like I need to test them in my fresh water lakes and rivers and then step it up around your joint for the exitment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.