Australian RC Forums banner

New Mount for 32cc Gasser.

3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  PC WIZ 
#1 · (Edited)
New Mount for 32cc Gasser,Airboat.

Yes I'm still playing with Airboats!:p

See less See more
#2 ·
Ummm.... You put the engine in upside down. He he!

Looks good!

#10 ·
It looks very stable but I'm really dizzy after watch it. Round and around. lol

#11 ·
A couple of pics. as it sits now, I havent put the prop guard back on yet as it seems to be balanced just right at the moment.
Could use another paint but it has seen plenty of use and I might build a slightly smaller/lighter hull to replace this one yet.

#13 ·
Don't you just love it!

#14 ·
Thanks Scottb & Brett!
Most materials are salvaged scrap and offcuts so it was mostly time, of course you have to deal with scratches etc. using seconds.
It is real stable to run for the kids and reliable enough to keep going till we either run out of fuel/batteries or get bored!LOL

#15 · (Edited)
Yeah getting bored will be my biggest problem, I will try to talk my mate into getting one when mines finished. It's more fun to informally race against someone and have a BBQ than run them alone.

BTW: Note to all RC boaters. The last round of the V8 Super Boats is in Temora on the 23/24th November 1012. There is a huge lake less than 50m from the Super boat circuit in the lake Centenary Park
There are 6 free electric BBQ's, plenty of shade sails along the water front, a kids play area, clean amenities with hot showers and power points for the battery boats.

I would like to invite you all to Temora for a RC boat fun run. Bring your boat here for a few days running on the lake and check out the final of the V8 Super boat series.

The Temora Aviation museum is only 1km from the lake and they fly Spitfires, Sabre jets, Boomerangs etc, over the lake to land/take off, depending on the wind.

Accommodation is cheap but book early. Entry into the Super Boats is $20 per day, the lake use is free anytime.

PM if you might be interested. I volunteer in the pits when the Super Boats are in town and I have a hand shake agreement with the organiser to run our boats on their track during lunch break, but I will confirm that with him as the weekend gets closer.

Cheers, Brett.

:focus:

#17 ·
Here's my first attempt at one.....:eek:

Since taking this pic i have added a deck/battery hatch and waterproofed all of the electronics areas, its still to see the water, but on grass and down the road it moves nicely

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.