: About to jump into a 5t

chuggz
08-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Righto boys I'll be on the look out for sydney shops who sell the 5t ,can some one shed some light ,the only shop I know of is kellets and maybe hobbies r us campbelltown,
Model flight have free post but would like to pick it up,

Quick question for you guys also ,
I'm not goin to race this thing my racing days are done ,
Just going to drive on property general light bashing ,this big girl in stock form should last a while like this huh.
My 8t 2.0 servos died within hours even with end points set

Thanks

n1mx
08-04-2012, 09:44 PM
The 5T is not being made anymore. Unless they have some back stocks from a long time ago, I don't see how they'd be able to get you one from HPI.
Assuming that you somehow find one, yes they are very tough and would last longer even under very harsh conditions. This would eventually break and you can always upgrade them with better ones.

You might even wanna budget for items such as a kill switch, outerwerars for shocks pull starter, air filter and the crank case. And if you are planning on jumping it, which you definitely will, get some suspension limiting cables and a chassis brace to stiffn up the front of the chassis and may be a TR top plate..These additional bits would cost you about $200 above the cost of the car, but would increase the reliability and longevity of the components.

Cheers.

Craigd
08-04-2012, 10:07 PM
The 5T is not being made anymore. Unless they have some back stocks from a long time ago, I don't see how they'd be able to get you one from HPI.
Assuming that you somehow find one, yes they are very tough and would last longer even under very harsh conditions. This would eventually break and you can always upgrade them with better ones.

You might even wanna budget for items such as a kill switch, outerwerars for shocks pull starter, air filter and the crank case. And if you are planning on jumping it, which you definitely will, get some suspension limiting cables and a chassis brace to stiffn up the front of the chassis and may be a TR top plate..These additional bits would cost you about $200 above the cost of the car, but would increase the reliability and longevity of the components.

Cheers.

I think he's talking about the Losi 5ive-t being that it is in the losi section.

They are having problems with the steering servo but i've replaced both the steering and throttle servo with Hitec 5765 and no problems so far. Apart from that it's been a strong truck.

My local store has one in Castle Hill, i'll go and talk to him on Tuesday when i'm back at work if you like.

Cheers Craig

chuggz
08-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Yeah sorry guys I meant 5ive t ,yeah no worries Craig that would be good ,
N1mx thanks for Ur info

n1mx
08-04-2012, 10:13 PM
LOL all good mate. Most of that info would anyway apply to the 5ive T as well. Kill switch being the most important. :)

Cheers.

Craigd
08-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Also like N1mx said a kill switch like the killer bee one is a must with a car this size.
Also if you do get one pull apart the shocks and loctite the screws in.

n1mx
08-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Check out these TeamFastEddy tutorials too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR_lUPEXU_I&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqKte-9msFU&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dafeTM1aoE&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpBxQGlj3Ng&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXLgQGq63Eg&feature=relmfu

Cheers.

Craigd
09-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Hey Chuggz
I forgot to ask yesterday where abouts are you located and also is there anything else you need with the losi. I know the store near my work has one so i'll see what he can do for me, i bought mine and 2 baja's off him so he looks after me now.

chuggz
09-04-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm in Wollongong nsw, cheers

Craigd
09-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm in Wollongong nsw, cheers

I'll let you know tomorrow afternoon via pm about the price etc.

Mr.Leopard
10-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Pretty sure kelletts had one down there today..why don't you want to buy it from them?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk

in rod we trust
10-04-2012, 01:21 PM
radical hobbies has one in stock ring and ask antonio.

BeatsMe
10-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Mate, if you're a smallish kind of guy, i reckon you could almost "jump" in one for sure lol

chuggz
10-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Rang kellets this morning , none in till may and they dont no when,
I have one sourced for a great price, short drive and I'll be dropping some $$$ and tearin it up
Can't wait

in rod we trust
10-04-2012, 03:00 PM
Rang kellets this morning , none in till may and they dont no when,
I have one sourced for a great price, short drive and I'll be dropping some $$$ and tearin it up
Can't wait

great stuff chuggz..

if you ever want to see how they perform on the track or want to maybe get into racing for fun and have a great time again, go along to a open day at ssme where there are about three or four always on the track at ssme luddenham, racing against the other 4wd..
they go well straight out of the box

was also going to point this one out for you as well
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/losi-5ive-bl5-rolling-chassis-/190663038649?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Radio_Controlled_Vehicles&hash=item2c646716b9

Abusiveadmin
10-04-2012, 03:44 PM
The 5ts do look pretty fkn awsome...

chuggz
10-04-2012, 04:26 PM
Cheers rod , I have been sussing out the complex at luddenham,looks great,
I have read all the guys opinions on here and it helped make my decision ,
That one on eBay looks good but I don't want electric ,
Nor do I wanna muck around making it works as a gasser,
I'll stick with the bind n drive and work with it from there
I still have transponders, but am still learnin bout the picco switch is it? Or killer bee thing,

in rod we trust
10-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Cheers rod , I have been sussing out the complex at luddenham,looks great,
I have read all the guys opinions on here and it helped make my decision ,
That one on eBay looks good but I don't want electric ,
Nor do I wanna muck around making it works as a gasser,
I'll stick with the bind n drive and work with it from there
I still have transponders, but am still learnin bout the picco switch is it? Or killer bee thing,

that,s just a kill switch to shut your losi
it works by

third channel switch to turn it off incase something happens and the car decides to go on its own.you can use the third channel switch to turn it off
it will turn the engine off if the battery go flat in either the car or the transmitter.
or if something goes wrong you can just shut it down before it does damage. via third channel

i,m kind of thinking about that roller now i like the losi a lot. might make him a offer.

chuggz
10-04-2012, 07:08 PM
From what I've read about em there are specific ones for specific transmitters,
Do they mean different as in dx3s to dx3r or spectrum to futaba and so forth
Which do most ppl run and what are they worth $$wise

The roller would be good i just don't have the budget to fit it out,
Would you go gas or battery?

in rod we trust
10-04-2012, 07:16 PM
From what I've read about em there are specific ones for specific transmitters,
Do they mean different as in dx3s to dx3r or spectrum to futaba and so forth
Which do most ppl run and what are they worth $$wise

The roller would be good i just don't have the budget to fit it out,
Would you go gas or battery?

i,d probably go gas as i have some spare engines..

no they all fit any 3 channel transmitter, i,m pretty sure about that.
some don,t work on 2ch transmitter,s

it depends on different people.. i got mine from powerslideracing..and i had to wire it up to the car,s on/off button on the engine.

in my opinion its a must to have one just for saftey
here is the link.
http://www.powerslideracing.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=85_86&products_id=1779

or this one that,s already wired up

http://www.powerslideracing.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=85_86&products_id=1714

towie964
10-04-2012, 08:09 PM
There are different switches to suit different radios,

The Spektrum radios run on the Killer Bee V2s or a V1, the V1 is my choice as it can be used manually to over ride the engine and shut it down, the V2s automatically Shorts the coil for around 5 seconds which causes the engine to stall out.

chuggz
10-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Yep definitely going to invest in one ,
So if u get the losi on eBay will it be your first ?

chuggz
10-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Ahk towie cheers ,

I use dx3s so I'll keep that in mind cheers
Thanks for the links rod

WAY
11-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Hey guys, I have bought that 5ive roller. Made the vendor an offer that is below the Buy Now price of $1250. Now I'll have to work out what electronics and drive train I need.

chuggz
11-04-2012, 03:36 PM
Good stuff mate , you goin petrol ?
Are u into racing it or just muckin around

in rod we trust
11-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Hey guys, I have bought that 5ive roller. Made the vendor an offer that is below the Buy Now price of $1250. Now I'll have to work out what electronics and drive train I need.

yeah i gave a lowball offer ... that,s good you got it now start a thread about bit with pics keep all of us informed of your progress.

if your near luddenham sydney come on out for a look and see some losi 5ives racing....

There are different switches to suit different radios,

The Spektrum radios run on the Killer Bee V2s or a V1, the V1 is my choice as it can be used manually to over ride the engine and shut it down, the V2s automatically Shorts the coil for around 5 seconds which causes the engine to stall out.

i did not even know that, but then again i don,t have a speky i was under the impression all pico go to the third channel receiver ,

Godles
11-04-2012, 04:35 PM
i believe the superbee will work on all now!

WAY
11-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I was tempted to wait till the auction is about to end and pay $800 for it, but figured I would be upset if I missed out! Yeah I'll start a thread when I receive it. He's shipping it tomorrow.

I'm not racing this as i have never seen a fifth scale off road track in melb. Is there such a track? I'm an electric guy, with a brushless Baja 5sc amongst my 30 or so RC from 16th to 8th scale. I was going to buy a petrol 5ive but with the roller coming with the BL5 conversion kit, I'm just not sure anymore! Also, what servo do you guys recommend? I've been hearing Savox 235. Am using Hitec 5755 on the Baja. I use Savox and Hitec on all my eighth scale as well so happy to stick to one of them.

Rod, you have any videos of the 5ive racing?

chuggz
11-04-2012, 05:10 PM
yeah i gave a lowball offer ... that,s good you got it now start a thread about bit with pics keep all of us informed of your progress.

if your near luddenham sydney come on out for a look and see some losi 5ives racing....

Sound like it could be goin elec.......
Hey rod what's the go with having go at luddenham do u have to become a member to experience they way race days go there, from wat I seen on their page is ou guys run once a month or am I reading it wrong?
Once I get mine , I would be interested in coming down for a run

BeatsMe
11-04-2012, 06:58 PM
i did not even know that, but then again i don,t have a speky i was under the impression all pico go to the third channel receiver ,

Ambro, the psr links that you provided do go on the third channel and will work fine on Spektrum controllers. I've been using the Dimension Picos for years now, on both my original DX3S and now on my DX3R Pro.

in rod we trust
11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
I was tempted to wait till the auction is about to end and pay $800 for it, but figured I would be upset if I missed out! Yeah I'll start a thread when I receive it. He's shipping it tomorrow.

I'm not racing this as i have never seen a fifth scale off road track in melb. Is there such a track? I'm an electric guy, with a brushless Baja 5sc amongst my 30 or so RC from 16th to 8th scale. I was going to buy a petrol 5ive but with the roller coming with the BL5 conversion kit, I'm just not sure anymore! Also, what servo do you guys recommend? I've been hearing Savox 235. Am using Hitec 5755 on the Baja. I use Savox and Hitec on all my eighth scale as well so happy to stick to one of them.

Rod, you have any videos of the 5ive racing?

as for a place to bash in vic you should pm v8hatch steve he will let you know he is on here ausrc .he is also on largescaledownunder.com.au

here is a bit of the losi in action that paolo posted

https://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthread.php?29285-Ssme-rok-rc-symsteer-race-series&p=409591&viewfull=1#post409591

Sound like it could be goin elec.......
Hey rod what's the go with having go at luddenham do u have to become a member to experience they way race days go there, from wat I seen on their page is ou guys run once a month or am I reading it wrong?
Once I get mine , I would be interested in coming down for a run

we used to have a system in place for trials but for insurance reason,s we had to stop that.

you do have to become a member to race there if you want , but it also lets you use the whole park as well.. so long as you comply with the rules of that paticular section you wish to enter

we race once a month at the track last sunday,s of the month. but if your a member of the park you can use the track 365 days a year if you like.
you get a key and boom gate pass to enter when you like.

to join ssme it cost $300 first year , after first year its only 200 per year only,

your best bet is to pm dean xr8ute he is the track curator, he would be the man to talk to about that, and he would gladly answer anything you may want to know about ssme / sols track. come out on the day and have a chat to the boys .. there always glad to help out and talk to people.

if you come out just introduce yourself to dean and have a chat to the boys.

Ambro, the psr links that you provided do go on the third channel and will work fine on Spektrum controllers. I've been using the Dimension Picos for years now, on both my original DX3S and now on my DX3R Pro.

that,s what i thought franco .. as i have been using them also.

chuggz
12-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Well boys picker her up today,
I managed to set up her up and have a quick run ,I'm excited

in rod we trust
12-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Well boys picker her up today,
I managed to set up her up and have a quick run ,I'm excited

that,s top stuff .. enjoy

chuggz
12-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks mate

PB2themax
13-04-2012, 05:49 AM
i believe the superbee will work on all now!

Yes that's true. The Super Bee works with most all 2, 3, or 4 channel radios. There is no separate versions anymore. It has micro dip switches on it that let you change how the kill switch works. The Killer Bee has been discontinued. The Super Bee is the ultimate kill switch. It's loaded with features. It can power your LED headlights, it has an adjustable low voltage cutoff, and adjustable glitch sensitivity, plus optional temp sensor input to kill the engine if it gets too hot. http://www.killerrc.com/products/gas_killswitch.php

towie964
13-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Yes that's true. The Super Bee works with most all 2, 3, or 4 channel radios. There is no separate versions anymore. It has micro dip switches on it that let you change how the kill switch works. The Killer Bee has been discontinued. The Super Bee is the ultimate kill switch. It's loaded with features. It can power your LED headlights, it has an adjustable low voltage cutoff, and adjustable glitch sensitivity, plus optional temp sensor input to kill the engine if it gets too hot. http://www.killerrc.com/products/gas_killswitch.php

Some nice updates and features on the new Super Bee.

in rod we trust
13-04-2012, 09:09 PM
chuggz

make sure you check the losi threads in different forums to see what things you may need to do to it, ie front chassis screws, shocks etc..