Australian RC Forums banner

Another boat build.

6K views 31 replies 8 participants last post by  PC WIZ 
#1 · (Edited)
I have had this hull for about a year and just recently got back into it.

So far I have recieved the anti-vibration engine mounts from R2 Hobbies, a dog drive and cup from RC Boat Bits and a .25 Go marine engine and pipe from Gracind. Thanks so much Andrew! :happy:

I plan to get a better pipe for it down the track.

It's slowly coming together. I just need to get a fuel tank, some fuel line, a 4mm solid stainless prop shaft and prop.

Next pay I will put in an order for a few more bits. I figure it should be finished in a few months.

I'm really looking forward to running it as you can imagine, should be some fun!

Cheers, Brett. :happy:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Iv'e been looking around and it looks like OS for a 4mm prop shaft, unless I just get some stainless rod from a steel outlet, cut it and add some flat spots with a grinder.

That's probably a better option anyway, but now where to get some truely straight 4mm stainless rod?

#4 ·
That looks like what I'm after. $12.27 delivered is great, but the wait will be hard.

Cheers Darko! Good find!

#5 ·
I did a search locally and not much came up other than specialty metal stores and you don't want to see the prices they were asking. I usually had a good experiences buying from UK. The Royal Mail is pretty good to be honest. Most things have taken less than a fortnight.

#6 ·
I was a bit hesitant when I saw it was in the UK and yes, the local stainless suppliers are just rediculous with their pricing.

I'm also looking for a spell checker, I had one before the re-install but can't remember where I got it from.

#7 ·
#11 ·
I just downloaded Firefox and so far I'm impressed! It's so much quicker than ie.

#8 ·
I'll check it out. Thanks for you help.

#9 ·
Here are a couple of pics of my latest boat to be finished. It is running a 1600kv motor on 6s. Straight line trim it should be good for about 110kmh and oval about 95kmh.

First test runs are this sunday. Just a quick question about your build mate. Why do you want to use a solid shaft. We use flex shafts so that you get the best angle of attack for the prop
Wood Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Creative arts Outdoor furniture Motor vehicle
Table Furniture Wood Vehicle Watercraft
Wood Cone Gas Tool Missile
Missile Aircraft Wood Building Flap

#14 ·
Here are a couple of pics of my latest boat to be finished. It is running a 1600kv motor on 6s. Straight line trim it should be good for about 110kmh and oval about 95kmh.

First test runs are this sunday. Just a quick question about your build mate. Why do you want to use a solid shaft. We use flex shafts so that you get the best angle of attack for the prop
View attachment 14488 View attachment 14487 View attachment 14489 View attachment 14486
Hi grazacind,what brand of hull is that ? or if it is hand made were did you get the plans from.
I have a K&B outboard that would look good on one of them.

#10 ·
Nice hull!

The reason I'm using a solid shaft is because it is that way and I don't really want to do any major body work on it. Rather keep it stock and trim the prop right.

So tomorrow is the maiden for the tunnel. I hope it goes really well for you. I noticed it doesn't have an adjustable skeg mount, that's going to make it hard to get the right prop height and angle.

#13 ·
I have two tuned pipes to choose from now, thanks to Gracecind.

One is an unknown brand, the other is a CMB Muffled pipe.

As noise is not an issue around the dam where I will be running it, I am starting with the unknown pipe. (See Pics)

Now all I need is a prop and 4mm shaft, a piece of piano wire for the rudder/throttle links and a fuel tank.

Won't be long now!

Attachments

#18 ·
How about a few pics of the Falcon Cat? I like that hull.

#20 · (Edited)
Hmmm. I would rather cut the grass with a fuel mower than with an electric one, that't just not on! He He!

#21 · (Edited)
Ok, so i'm getting closer to getting this Hydro on the water. I just recieved a HiTech 7955TG coreless digital servo and I know it will draw more current than a standard servo.

What I want to know is, can I just get a NMHI hump pack to power it, or do I need to do something else? I'm assuming it will only draw as much as it needs, depending on the load put on it.

Also, where in Aust can I get a NMHI 6v 1600MA hump pack and charger.

Any one help?

#22 ·
I'm assuming you've already checked our sponsors Brett, cause RCHobbies sell them.

Otherwise, Google should give you some leads.

Cheers,

Steve

#23 ·
Yeah Steve, I always check there first. I see they have them, but they don't show chargers with them. Do you know if they include chargers?

#24 ·
Chargers are normally sold sperately.

#25 ·
Ebay has them for about $25 with charger? Admitedly there are many that are packs only available, but some show a charger as well.
I doesnt make sense to sell a pack without a charger to me.

#26 ·
That's because most people already have a charger anyway.

If you don't have a charger already, just get an imax B6 off ebay. Will do any battery you will have and cheap as.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

#28 ·
I can't justify spending $100 on a charger just to do hump packs, when I can get a hump pack and charger for about $35.
Everything I own is nitro and I don't see that changing any time soon.

#30 ·
I have a Schumacher Fusion 28 and a Hydro boat, neither are running yet. I will have to get two hump packs and one charger, so they should only set me back about $50.

The other option that you have pointed out could be ok except it would only be 4.8V (4 X 1.2v). If I could get a 5 Cell AA battery holder it would be good, but I'm sure they are not available.

#32 ·
Quick update on a long on going build. I have just finished a sharpened, polished and balanced X447 three blade prop for it. Next is a fuel tank and shaft.
The shaft is a solid 4mm stainless rod with checkouts and a thread on the end for the prop nut.
I'm also looking for an alloy header pipe for it, it's a custom fit out so I will have to search around for one that is compatible. All of my boats have been screamers and I think this one will be no exception, I take a long time to build and it shows in the outcome.

Stay posted for more. He He!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.