Australian RC Forums banner

1/5th newbie looking to buy and races at sals!

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  bennyd 
#1 ·
Hi guys, as the title states a am looking at getting a large 1/5 scale car i currently race 1/10th.

I went into power slide today and check out there range. I took a fancy to the new nutech with the twin servo setup! The mcd was nice but way out of my price range and the losi looked the goods as well but again was a little to pricey.
What are your thoughts on the nutech?
I thought the layout looked really good even thought it looked better than the mcd and couldn't really work out why the mcd was so much dearer!
I am going to check out the next meet and was hoping that there will be someone there with a nutech to see it racing!
Anyway have a good Easter and will hopefully meet some of you at the next race meet!

Peter

#2 ·
Hi mate I haven't seen any thing too flash from the nutec's at race days
Seen a few guys show up with them
Hear alot of swearing and carrying on
Then go home early this happens twice and they show up with a different car next time
From what you have listed
I would pick a losi
There are heaps of them up here at our race track and they go real good and rarely have an issue
All the ex 1/10 guys run them and are on the pace
It will be the cheapest way in the end
Also doesn't hurt to shop overseas for them either you can save some money there too
Best of luck

#3 ·
Hey mate, Bryan, who works at PSR is running the new Nutech TB3 in the series currently underway and is getting some good results.

Next race meet is Sunday the 15th of this month so come up and have a look around. Make sure you say hi too, I'm the one with Benny on my shirt ;) also race a Baja and an MCD V4 RR Comp.

#4 ·
Welcome Boadazofa, as BennyD said come have a look on the 15th and have a look in the flesh, there are a few nutechs running at our club and one of the new tb 3, Im very busy on race day but happy to have a chat during the day. Hope to see you soon at Monarto we are 50 members strong and growing on a weekly basis .

#5 ·
thanks guys i cant wait to get out there and have a look!

I have been stalking you tube at footage and your track looks great!

I have also taken a fancy to the losi as well after watching some footage! For the guys that have the losi's how have they been going, i heard there was a few teething issues with steering servos burning out! Are they breaking much or are they pretty strong!

peter

#6 ·
From what I have seen the Nutechs have a lot more support in the Southern States than up here in Queensland, if you can get support and parts and you are happy with the Nutech then you should be fine.
There is no support for them up here and parts are several days away if they are in stock when needed, the only Nutechs I deal with are usually stuffed and not worth repairing or unable to source a reasonable supply of replacement parts.

I would be suggesting going with the Losi if the MCD is out of your price range

#7 ·
My baja is in the for sale section if your looking for a hpi if your not I still would recommend looking for a newish condition 2nd car with all the required hoppups to run without issue...

#8 ·
G'day Pete, the Losi would be a good choice they handle our track very good , there is also a RTR MCD coming out should be at psr within a week or two , it comes with cy 27cc 4bolt and savox servos , should be comparable to 5ive t in price, still recomend visiting the track before you make your purchase. The racers at SALS will be more than happy to show you there buggys and trucks and to talk about them. What ever you decide the SALS members will support you and get you up to speed , Cheers Skip .

#9 ·
Well guys i had an awesome day watching your race meet today with my daughter madison! Great to put a face to the names on the forums now! I got plenty of video footage so i might try my hands at some video editing and put up on youtube.

I definately got bitten by the large scale bug and cant wait to get one of my own again.

Although i love the 4wd's i am thinking i will just run stock 2wd baja to keep cost down at the moment! macca's baja in the stock class was great to watch and it handled very well!

I just dont think my budget is going to allow me to run 4wd because i know i am going to want to spend money on all the extra good bits which my wife just wont understand about! So at least with the stock class your not allowed to run the extra good bits! Maybe down the track there will be a 4wd but for now i think it will be stock 2wd.

Anyways hope to see you at the next race meet and maybe even race with you at the next one!

peter

#13 ·
well i just got the ok from the wife to come racing with you boys:D Had to sacrifice some of my slot racing commitments to get the ok but it will be for the better! I am sure that anyone that is married and has kids understands this!

Now i just have to get the vehicle!

Going to get the baja ss kit from powerslide cheapest place by far!
Lets just hope they can do layby and let me set up some kind of birthday registry so family and friends can put money on it for an up and coming b day!

see ya's at the next clubby!

peter:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.