Australian RC Forums banner

Viper Hulls (56 Apache)

11K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  little_drifter 
#1 ·
I picked this up last week for a score.It had been used a couple of times and that was it.I had to strip it down and clean up some corosion in a few areas.Pulled the engine down ,put new bearings and gaskets thru out the engine.It had some good porting work done to the bore, piston, crank and crank case.It has a Q.D internal hot pipe that was also rusty but had blasted and recoated.All the hardware and radio gear was in new condition and also the hull.Not a mark chip or scratch on it.I should have it all back together by next week and hopfuly going to noosa for holidays and test the water.

See less See more
#4 ·
Very nice looking boat, The price is good, about what they should go for in used condition. Most people want too much for their used goods.

It would be great to see her running, what prop are you using?

It looks nice and clean inside the hull. Did it come like that or did you clean it up?

#5 · (Edited)
Cheers pc. The hull was grubby inside and out, but after stripping it out and cleaning it and polishing the outside it came up like new.The hull alone is worth 400 to buy new from tony and then the list goes on.The prop that was on it is an aloy cpv 540 I think.Also im a bit sus on the engine as it looks like a zenoah but has the letter H in behind the coil and H on the base off the head.Not shore what brand it is but quality looks the goods.Will see how it goes soon.

#6 ·
Good to see your lovin it! I can tell by how clean it is. I'm looking around for a big boat at the moment, I hope I can score something similar but in a cat hull.

I can't shed any light on the engine mate it could be a clone. It doesn't really matter if your not racing it, there are lots of ways to make a boat faster even with a cheap engine.

Is it complete and almost ready to run apart from a general clean up and maintanence?

#8 ·
Good one! Don't forget more pics as you go. That is if it's not finished all ready. He He.

#9 ·
Well its all back together and ready for the water.Heading up to noosa for a couple off days today so i plan on putting it in the canals.I fired it up yesterday and all sounds good.Alot of vibration so locktight and locknuts everywere.Hopfuly all goes well.

#11 ·
Yeah it looks great, nice and clean! Did you do the Red Bull silencer mod? Very clever, I hope it goes like it has wings!

#12 ·
The muff mod was a cheap quick fix as the muff had some corosian holes in it.$55 for a new muff or $3 for a redbull.The can might not last long but at least it works and will get me going.I did'nt get to go to noosa as the place we normaly stay at was booked out so will be hitten the water this weekend cant wait.

#13 · (Edited)
#15 · (Edited)
Hopfuly my wife will do the camera work and I just ordered an oil cup as it looks like it fits the same t bar thats in it.

Cheers Andrew, I met up with the guy that built the boat 3 to 4 years ago.Tony Viper the owner of Viperhulls Australia and hopfully going up the coast somewere to have a run.Fresh water i belive.Im still working on the elecky boat but got side tracked with this.

#16 ·
I think the cups are pretty universal. What a way to get side tracked!!!!!! Love it!

#17 ·
Cheers Andrew, I met up with the guy that built the boat 3 to 4 years ago.Tony Viper the owner of Viperhulls Australia and hopfully going up the coast somewere to have a run.Fresh water i belive.Im still working on the elecky boat but got side tracked with this.[/QUOTE]

Yes I believe they have started a new club up near Beerwah somewhere. Good luck champ and have heaps of fun.

#18 ·
Well i went out today and had a run.It went prety good for my first run but had some radio isues ,chatter with the servos but did'nt stop me from given it a few goes.Tryed a couple off diferent props that was available and got a speed ov 43 miles or 69 k's.I was prety happy with that.The muff can i dodged up lasted just for the day and the carb from 1 off my bajas wasnt the best.Its a little flogged out and leaking air thrue the throttle shaft.I enjoyed the boating thing so will invest in a new 2.4 radio, Futaba 3pmx ,new 257 carb and muff.Will invest in some more choices of props and have another go.Didnt get a vid of mine but did get a short vid ov this rigger that was there.Its full carbon and running a new pioneer 29 QD.The vidio is poor qality as it was taken from my camera.Enjoy.

#19 ·
Holly dooly, that rigger hauls A55!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.