Australian RC Forums banner

ski boat

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  PC WIZ 
#1 ·
Hi Guy's

I decided to get myself a xmas present and I was impressed with the ski boat of Jason's
so I ordered one, I'm going to use the gear I already have in the man cave.
I'm going to run a std Zenoah with a clutch as I don't have a clutched boat.
As we only run for fun It should be a good setup.
Here is a few pics of where I'm at with it.

Watercraft Yellow Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive lighting Auto part Plastic Electronic component Engineering
Aircraft Toy Airplane Model aircraft Aerospace manufacturer
Wood Font Hardwood Household hardware Auto part
Water Fluid Wood Liquid Natural material
Wood Natural material Metal Hardwood Wood stain
Wood Gas Automotive exterior Composite material Engineering
Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Gas Composite material Automotive exterior Wood

See less See more
#2 ·
They definitely look like a good hull. One thing I did notice from looking at a close up of the stringers, It looks like they are two pieces either side. The hump for the rear engine mount is a separate piece glassed on the top of the main stringer??? That is not how I would like it to be but I'm really fussy!

I look forward to seing it come together! Cheers for sharing!

#3 ·
Looking good Jim.

Finally found out what mounts we used. They are the RCMK Zenoah mounts

When I mounted the Zenoah in the hull with these mounts, the rubbers sat only just above the radius where the rails meet the hull.
Looks like I might have to make the rails bigger or step up the front as you have to allow for different engine mount configurations.

Brett, I hope this makes seance for you also :)

#4 ·
Brett

I've added these extra bits as I'm going to be using a clutch in my setup and that has made the overall length between the mounts nearly twice as long as the on that Jason has shown, so to get the angle to have the shaft under the radio box that I'm using I needed to lift the front higher that the original rails and this is also having the lowest point 3mm clear from the hull.

jim

#5 ·
Fair enough. I can't wait to see how it goes, it looks great so far.

#7 ·
Jim,
I'm catching up with the owner of the "test" ski boat tomorrow. I'll grab some more pics and dimensions in relation the the engine, mounts and so on.

LD - the ' goon bag' ( IV bag) is the fuel tank. A lot easier to work with over a solid fuel tank

#10 ·
Hey Little drifter

the bag will be used for the fuel tank.
It means that I don't need to vent the tank so no water can get in and mess with the fuel.
Most of my fleet is running these now, only 3 still have the hard tanks at the moment.
jim

#11 ·
No worries Jim,
I would have thought the owner of the ski boat ( pictured) looked after his gear a little better than that. It's just sitting there in his workshop. I would have at least put a towel or something over it ....
Oh well - each to their own

#12 ·
Hi

Well I finally finish the build on the ski boat and took her out for a run last Sunday.
The original motor was playing up so I ran a omen race motor in her, I think it's a bit much
for this hull but it was still fun.
here is the vid.

#13 ·
Looking good! Did you get it WOT? It didn't sound on song.

It would have been faster and more stable if you wearn't running over your own wake all the time.
I'm guessing you are just trying it out.

#16 · (Edited)
I smell spam. Click on "RC Bat" it takes you to a hobby site.

#18 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.