Australian RC Forums banner

Testing 6s rigger and 4s hydro.... Couple of bugs to iron out

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  tiny 
#1 ·
Hi guy's,
Took out my 6s rigger and 4s hydro for some testing before race day this sunday..
Got some vids to explain...

Propped up on the rigger and it actually cracked a grub screw on my collet,it was flying, and they have twin grub screws..?? Never seen that happen before. Got to love the power of NEU motors... Glad i found the weak link before first official race..Look out fella's....

4s Hydro went a treat despite the wind and chop of lake.. Rigger actually pulled one of the sponson struts in the second turn so i'm glad i thrashed a collet and didn't shoot it into the bank at that speed... Oh and it rained all the way home.. Gotta love hobbies.

Honestly shouldn't have run but it's a 2 hour drive to your own personal lake for 30 buck's an hour....

Wasn't going home.....:thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpXq-x8O5ps&feature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3yQ3ity5YU&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENWduLSxKZ8&feature=youtu.be

Not the best day out but atleast it wasn't race day..... Gotta love FE boat racing... Wait till you see my saw boats... (drag for boats)
Hope the links work, i'm crap at youtube...... cheers

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Looks good! I wish I was there. You seem to have lots of build problems. good luck with it! I mean it!
Do you have to pay for water use? Damn, it's all free around here.

#3 ·
No not build probs, just prefer to test bigger props and escs in private.... He has insurance
He actually brought down a few beers and couldn't beleive it... Should have a meet there, he said your little toys would kill the jetski racers,,, naivety is bliss...

#4 · (Edited)
Don't put me down. I would make your boats go fast. No truer words were ever spoken. I have lots of time and experience with boats and lots of free time. I may be able to help you!

Free beers don't make a fast boat! I can balance and shape a prop like no other.... I have lots of free time. By gones be by gones! Put it to bed!

#5 ·
What is having a beer with the owner of the lake got to do with making boats run fast?

Cant see where he put you down, if anything, it was you putting $hit on his "build quality" Leigh

Don't put me down. I would make your boats go fast. No truer words were ever spoken. I have lots of time and experience with boats and lots of free time. I may be able to help you!

Free beers don't make a fast boat! I can balance and shape a prop like no other.... I have lots of free time. By gones be by gones! Put it to bed!

#6 ·
I agree Lee, I have re read the post several times, the only thing i did notice is PC's original post went up 18 mins before the edit was finished :S

#7 ·
It's ok guy's, pc starts sending those messages after the meds where off... Both boats have race pedigree, water was like surf and i was playing with props... Both props are highly modified..Balanced, lightened,sharpened cupped and detounged...

I take pc's bs with a grain of salt, what i was doing was like testing a top fuel in the rain... Fun but never going to work.. And if anyone thinks they can get more out of either of them come to pine hills oval this sunday and watch them flog qld's best if not oz....
Cheers, just thought the vids were funny...

#8 ·
Cheers Tiny,

Thanks for sharing they were good to watch =]

#9 ·
I'm back on the meds now, all good! I don't mean to come across as negative, I just feel that way sometimes. Nice boats and good to see them tiny.

#13 ·
Starts around 9, racers get there 7.30....

Need to say your with boat club if your not there early cause there are always events on... Follow the dirt road up to the top house.. We are right there..

#15 ·
All good mate, i didnt go cause of so much wind.... You might have seen vids above.... Dont like wind, and thats without 5 other fukkers trying to run you down

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.