Australian RC Forums banner

Wicked airbrushing on 80kph cat.....

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BenV.2 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Yeah bought it for the hull, just had to have it... Pretty quick too on 3s,approx 80kph..could up the esc but worried about blow overs and the base is black... Easily get cleaned up in a race..... i just parralleled up a couple of packs for fun, no not racing it, too pretty...

I cant bloody see them????

#6 ·

You're half way there, you have the correct address of each picture. When writing your post use the "insert picture" button. It's looks like a painting of a tree. It'll then ask you for the address of those pics. Without using the insert image button your picture's are just links.

#7 ·
Thanks mate, pics aren't the best from the i phone but you can only just make out the carbon fiber reinforced hull.. Gotta see it in real life, if i could find the yanky air brush artist i'd get him to do my harly tank... Geeez my FG MT paint cost $450 inc body and this is 10 times as good...You can see the magnets in hatch for lid as it was a shelf queen, hatch tape can eat paint after awhile but i'm going to show this baby off at next open day...lol out with magnets maybe another layer of clear and it's hatch tape time... Ps nothing connected just a mockup before i set the cog..(centre of gravity)

#8 ·
That wouldn't ne too hard to spray really. The skulls are done by laying down multiple stencils and misting white onto a black surface. Then he/she seems to have done a orange to yellow fade over that with either a trasparent or a candy paint. The balck lines I'm guessing are about 1/4" just taped off. Then do some blue flames coming off of a horned demon skull (side note, I have the same stencil. Gets requested a lot)

$450-500 would be about right for that I reckon, given that there isn't a great deal of detail/shading put into the skulls.

Does look pretty awesome though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.