Australian RC Forums banner

Tiny's first season race meet in FE....

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  PC WIZ 
#1 ·
Guy's i turned up at 8am, not a spot left but the vice president wasn't there so i took his spot...lol

Got set up, and before i knew it the round meeting was under my tent, only met three of these blokes..

More nervous than first date, but after they saw my gear i was accepted.. ( im bigger than them anyway.....:p

Talk about jumping in the deep end, no delays, felt like F1 racing.. Very proffessional.

I thought i was set up with 8 boats all cf and ready to rock but half of them towed trailers with almost hobby shops on wheels!!!!

I thought we were pro's at luddenham, these guy's were like surgeons compared to brick layers.. Big learning curve.. You cut a corner or pylon it isn't a warning.. Straight points deduction or disqualification for erratic driving like hitting a dead boat which happens often and your doing between 60 to 120 kph around a 200 metre oval...

Faaaaaaark... These boys never saw me race a baja....big lol

All in all, great bunch of guys, very professional and if you think going around in circles is easy, i'll invite you to pilot (as fast as plane) my rigger...

Hope photo bucket is kind to me.. let me know what im doing wrong if picks dont show..
http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/...on=view&current=feboat045.jpg&t=1329038305664
http://s597.photobucket.com/albums/...eck_justin/?action=view&current=feboat046.jpg

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice one! I raced against the Americans with a 3.5 K&B outboard F1 tunnel hull many years ago with the S.M.P.B.A at Oran Park, (my first ever race) and they made us all look like ducks out of water.
It's good to see the boat section getting a work out, LD is up for a boat soon. It's about time boats got serious on the forum!

Good work! Any placings in any races?

#5 ·
I ran the cat in race but blew the neu due to my boat builder forgetting to install the bushes on stator... not happy..

But ran the hydro and rigger in open practice, not official but the rigger killed them, and i was running wide not hugging the buoys out of respect for the 20 year club.. cant wait for next fortnight when we race 6s rig and hydro....

#8 ·
Ha ha no bud, when it comes to expensive brushess they pul down and check/re build after every meet.... Kinda like miniature top fuel.. Prefer a beer and invoice,...

#7 · (Edited)
Cooking a $250 motor? Not good! I hope He's not the one passing advice to me through you about my boat build. lol
When can we expect some video!

#10 ·
I don't think even if I had money to burn I would let someone else do the work. I prefer to (enjoy) doing the mundane maintanance and building. Mind you, my time is not measured in dollars and cents. If it was, I might change my thought on that! You don't know until put in that situation I guess. More power to you if you can get away with it.

#11 ·
i know your situation bud, hope your out of the hotel now....

I've been down that road, almost cost me the ability to do what i do... (poison)..

Chin up... When you get your fe knowledge up i'll send you a carbon twin cat build... But if you faaark it i'd be buying a case of vodka and write your will...lol

#12 ·
Yeah I'm out of that rat hole, have been for a few months. I live in a 1/2 house now with a guy living next door who is never at home so I can play my music loud without bothering him. The carbon cat sounds awesome, check my other threads, I look after RC things very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.