Australian RC Forums banner

were off and running....

15K views 103 replies 13 participants last post by  PC WIZ 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
mmmm progress. I love the look of these things. Might be interested in one... lol

#8 ·
WOW that looks magic. I really like the lines of this boat.

Are you only making the larger hulls. I might be chasing a smaller hull for elec gear if i can get one i got to run right.

Its just to heavy in the front so.

Anyways loving the look of it. Cant wait to see some video of it running.

#10 ·
Few more pics...

Vehicle Hood Watercraft Automotive design Gas

Watercraft Vehicle Bumper Recreation Sports equipment

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Vehicle Grass

Motor vehicle Tool Automotive exterior Gas Bumper

We had a poor start to the first hull getting wet.
The fellow who set it up decided not to run it with any turn fins or trim tabs and the CG set too far back. the boat had one run , didn't perform and never saw the water again.

#11 ·
I have to say sorry! I just don't like it. It looks like something you would find in a Japanese futuristic comic book.

The proof is in the running though, any idea when you will try it again. No doubt you have some good talent, nice work.

#12 ·
what do u mean never saw the water again. u mean ever or jsut that day?

Hope you can get it running nicely. I do like the look of the ski boat more than this though. I agree this does look futuristic but i do like it.

#13 · (Edited)
Well , the boat did a couple of laps around the lake , didn't perform properly and the fellow I gave the boat to ( for free) is pulling his gear out and handing the hull back insted of spending some time setting it up properly.
He then informs me he prefers cats over mono's and asks when will the cat ( below) be ready so he can get his hands on it.......

Automotive lighting Window Hood Vehicle door Automotive exterior

We should have the ski boat in the water later next week. The fellow who has this one is painting it at the moment. She's going to get a moded 26cc Zenoah which is probably an over kill for a 38" boat but it should be fun :)

#14 ·
HA no such thing as overkill hehehe

Look forward to seeing it going. Get some vid!! lol.

Shame you not closer I would love to test it out for you but prolly cost about 80 bucks to ship it to me.

#15 ·
I actually like the mono simply because it is different.
A lot of the monos all look very similar these days with only slight differences in cowls/vents etc.
So did it run way too loose with the COG so far back/no trim tabs etc. Bouncing around everywhere??
Details...Details??
Cant wait to see the first cat hit the water!
Keep up the great work mate!!

#16 · (Edited)
Hi Chad,
The mono was very loose , nose very high, bouncing and skiping mainly through cornering. The boat had no set up time, more a case of " this looks abought right" , started, put in the water, didn't perform, taken out of the water and stripped out.
heres the video

#21 ·
No changes what so ever. What you see in the video is all of the testing.
No trim tabs, no turn fins, 6" stinger , 6" rudder, no stinger angle changes, no prop changes, no weight distribution changes - no nothing
A couple of laps , doesn't run, gear stripped out and hes giving the hulll back.
The worst part was he did this in front of all of the club members on an offical race day even though I did ask him to meet me down at the lake a few days before " race day" for set up and testing.

I have some one else testing for me now who is spending some time setting the ski boat up before putting it in the water in front of all the club members. We should be testing this coming Saturday

#23 ·
The guy that was testing it for you before does'nt sound like he had your best interest in mind, does he have contacts with other boat manufactures? Sounds like he was shooting you down in flames on the day.

Good luck with it, I hope the new tester knows what he's doing, it can really kill your enthusiasm when someone is not 100% interested in doing their best for your new boats.

Cheers, Brett.

#24 ·
The guy that was testing it for you before does'nt sound like he had your best interest in mind, does he have contacts with other boat manufactures? Sounds like he was shooting you down in flames on the day.

Good luck with it, I hope the new tester knows what he's doing, it can really kill your enthusiasm when someone is not 100% interested in doing their best for your new boats.

Cheers, Brett.
He doesn't have any thing to do with any other manufactures - I think he was disappointed in getting the mono to test first when he was expecting the cat , so he didn't really care about how the mono went.
He had no interest in making any changes to the set up, more a case of " when is the cat going to be ready? "
the reason I gave him the mono for free was so he would have some interest in setting it up .... well, you saw how that went !!

Sorry OZ,
I was expecting to hear form the other fellow who has the ski boat by now but nothing as yet.
I've just started laying up the Cat today but still have a bit to go. Hope to start the " lap joint" and mould tomorrow for the top half of the cat.
More soon,
Jay.

#25 · (Edited)
Go Jay! GoForth and Reproduce! The world is waiting! True! no crap! Do it.

Just do it!

My Dad and I made moulds for a 4.3m cat called the int430, I know how hard your working!

Cheers, Brett.

#27 ·
all I can think of to say is WOW thats looks fantastic.

Have u got any internal pics. Would love to see inside.

Is the buldge in the tunnel to get the motor sitting lower?

What motor and running gear is it going to have?

Hope someone with a bit of motivation tests this one and sticks with it.

#29 ·
That's more like it! Great looking hull. I'm very interested in how it performs, it does look the part. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.