Australian RC Forums banner

Where to buy a SeaQueen 46inch Rc Boat?

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  sinergy211 
#1 ·
G'day guys,

I want to buy a SeaQueen boat but can only find UK Delears that sell it as a kit to build.. such as this one - http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/sea_queen.html

is there anywhere that you can buy the SeaQueen pre-built? with electronics and a Transmitter.

I have looked pretty much everywhere but im at a dead end.. i really want the boat but not as a kit however if worst comes to the worst i'll just go with the kit..

Anyways if anyone knows of an online shop that does send them pre built let me know please!

Cheers Nathan

#2 · (Edited)
I seriously doubt that you will find anything close to that in a RTR, best buy the kit then order your fit out as you are building it. Nice looking boat too. Not high performance or anything, but that thing should chug along for a few hours on the 12v gel cel they recommend for it.

#3 ·
Thanks mate, i agree now i have been looking everywhere high and low and cant find any that are RTR so i may just have to buy the kit, Should get plenty of running time off of the 12v that's for sure!!
Cheers for helping anyways!

#4 · (Edited)
If you do get the kit and you are not sure if you can build it, I can build it for you! I charge nothing and I have built many boat kits, some from scratch. It's another option you may like to consider.
I have included a photo of a scratch built, own design boat for you to look at.

Cheers, Brett.

Attachments

#6 ·

Attachments

#10 ·
I actually have a little Riviera 80 thats 81 cm x 26 cm, with a 2 Channel radio and brush less electric engine that i bought from Hobby Habit ages ago for about the same price that you mentioned.

However i think im gonna stick to getting the SeaQueen i have practically fallen in love with it and cant change my mind on it haha, I found a guy in Australia that sells the kits. Be a lot cheaper for postage too rather than buying it from the UK and paying for shipping.

He sells them pretty much complete. well when i say complete it's half complete like you get your rudder prop drive shaft etc but you don't get the low drainage 12 Volt batter nor do you get servo's or Tx & Rx. and that whole package is $254.00 Plus $25.00 postage which isn't to bad. This is the place its coming from - http://www.miniaturesteammodels.com/prod2466.htm

And thanks for keeping up to date with this thread and helping out its much appreciated!

Cheers Nathan

#11 · (Edited)
How about that 15cc petrol marine engine Nathan, now that's new! The site is new and I don't know if I trust them yet. Good luck with the build, don't forget progress pics!

#12 ·
The little marine engine would be perfect for the SeaQueen i may have a look around for one online to buy, Once i get the boat i will start a thread and show the build in progress as well as what way i decided to go in terms of engine wise.gotta wait 4 to 6 weeks though for them to get some in stock! :D

Cheers Nathan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.