: Learning inverted hovering

OzzyDevil
10-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi i have a DX5e am i able to do this stuff with this controller or do i need something better... I can go up side down but the heli hits the ground.. Any help would be great...

Sandman77
10-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Well, I'm not exactly sure how to do it, but I think you have to get the rotos spinning in the other direction, as when its hovering normal its taking air from above the blades and forcing it down, pushing it up. When you invert its still doing the same, but now its pulling the heli towards the ground.

OzzyDevil
10-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Ok i got it now ty... Stupid me...

rjgowrie
10-09-2011, 02:11 PM
You need to go into idle up mode. This puts the throttle at 100% and your throttle/collective controls the pitch.

Positive pitch to go up and negative pitch to go down (or up when inverted)

(You need to be on a model that is 3G capable too)

Cheers

Russ

little_drifter
10-09-2011, 05:14 PM
What helicopter are you trying to fly inverted?

I am not sure if the DX5e is up to the job, I could be wrong, but you need a good radio that you can adjust the trottle and pitch curves.

As said above, you need to set up the F MODE switch with a high % throttle curve or even 100% flat throttle. Once the switch is on, the throttle controls now become the pitch controls.

Best practised on a sim, I can do it perfect ever time on the sim but not so well in real life. Although I have only ever attempted it on my mCP X.

Also what sim are you using?

OzzyDevil
10-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Yeah i have phoenix and i was doing it with a Trex 600N but it did ok... I'm not sure if i can put throttle curves or pitch curves i think i can with the helli of it but not in the controller of the DX5e so not sure... Getting abit better at hoving but still need heaps of learning on that... And the Sim is phoenix BTW...