08-09-2011, 03:07 PM
looks like a supersized mini t, no thanks

Ricksta
08-09-2011, 03:21 PM
well it certainly looks impressive

Mr.Leopard
08-09-2011, 03:27 PM
well it certainly looks impressive

take a look at some real 4wd 1/5 dude, perfect example is the FG leopard, price to pay but its a kick ass machine

this losi thing looks like a 1/8 buggy that they have supersized and replaced the nitro with a gas engine....

RatsacK
08-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Translated for anyone interested;

"Beware the BAJA ...! " This new car at LOSI is announced September 8, 2011 the area has to want to take your place as a champion of the fifth essence th ...!
on sale soon at home in this car is a private class ..
Follow this site for news of the arrival of America .. rcmaroc was able to reserve a limited amount of T-LOSI 5ive

v8hatch
08-09-2011, 06:51 PM
http://www.tgndistributing.com/losi-5ive-t-en.html

kxrider
08-09-2011, 07:26 PM
It will rip the a$$ out of the baja that's for sure. Hopefully panic revving will actually work with this thing.

v8hatch
08-09-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H7R_nwtWgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQc4ghhbMWc

Godles
08-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Wow thanks v8!

I'd love to see how it goes on a track

Lmao anyone wanna buy what I'd consider a fairly decked out pink Baja :p jks

kxrider
08-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the vids! Looks like it flies better than the baja! Will probably come with a DX3S, too!

LeethalLee
08-09-2011, 08:50 PM
How good are the videos? If the truck is half as good as the video's, look out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson
08-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Being a fan of the SCT in general i really like these but they are going to have to be frikkin spectacular to go head to head with the baja's who have already established themselves as pretty much the best offroad 1/5th scale around, the aftermarket parts available for the baja's are just ridiculous so i cant see the losi 1/5 ever being more popular than the hpi baja rc's
My 2 cents anyways
Cheers

v8hatch
08-09-2011, 08:53 PM
I don't know about the Baja being the best around, have you driven an MCD? dam straight out of the box they are point and shoot...

Baja's are popular because of the after market products and the amount of research the WE have already done with them, the info on them is endless

Mr.Leopard
08-09-2011, 09:55 PM
i must disagree about the remark on the mcd, im not trying to start a fuss with the boys at the track but the mcds cannot keep up with the FG 4wds...and even a few bajas

xr8ute
08-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Watching that video, I'd have one straight away .... lol
Love the look and how balanced it seemed to be.

Godles
08-09-2011, 10:08 PM
i must disagree about the remark on the mcd, im not trying to start a fuss with the boys at the track but the mcds cannot keep up with the FG 4wds...and even a few bajas

I didn't realise Monaroman, Steph and Franko had all had a chance to race against Roko and Billybob =] now that would be a great race

The more 4wd's the better and if the Losi is at a fair price it would be food to see them at the track.

v8hatch
08-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Either way i would love to get one of these....there's plenty of MCD's around and i would like to see what these are like...

in rod we trust
08-09-2011, 10:37 PM
Either way i would love to get one of these....there's plenty of MCD's around and i would like to see what these are like...

i agree steve love to try one out .. being losi , one would think they have put these to the test to carry the losi name

RatsacK
08-09-2011, 10:51 PM
i agree steve love to try one out .. being losi , one would think they have put these to the test to carry the losi name

You mean like the Losi Strike? Lol!

stephoon
08-09-2011, 10:52 PM

When I do turn up at the track, I will test the Roks FG.

Sandman77
08-09-2011, 10:57 PM
This will have the upper hand over the 5SC being 4wd I think. But only time will tell.

kxrider
08-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Anyone know when these will be FS? To the bloke that said he doesn't believe they'll ever be as popular as the baja, well think about it, everything is the best until something better comes along. R/C is an ever expanding hobby, the losi and the baja will become obsolete at some stage by an even better 5th scale, and in this hobby it happens at a great rate. Look at how good everyone thought the Tmaxx was, then the savage (which still has a cult following along with the tmaxx) and then the revo and the LST, BIG time gaps between those trucks, but each developed a HUGE aftermarket support base.

The people who make these hop ups (Team chase, phat dad etc) are definitely going to make hop ups for the losi, it's not intelligent from a business point of view not to profit from this.

I can't wait for it! I've been drooling over bajas for a while now, but being a broke uni student hasn't allowed me to have one. I am close to getting to the stage where I'll have a huge disposable income, and I'll be waiting for this truck.

Wilson
09-09-2011, 01:17 AM
Anyone know when these will be FS? To the bloke that said he doesn't believe they'll ever be as popular as the baja, well think about it, everything is the best until something better comes along. R/C is an ever expanding hobby, the losi and the baja will become obsolete at some stage by an even better 5th scale, and in this hobby it happens at a great rate. Look at how good everyone thought the Tmaxx was, then the savage (which still has a cult following along with the tmaxx) and then the revo and the LST, BIG time gaps between those trucks, but each developed a HUGE aftermarket support base.

The people who make these hop ups (Team chase, phat dad etc) are definitely going to make hop ups for the losi, it's not intelligent from a business point of view not to profit from this.

I can't wait for it! I've been drooling over bajas for a while now, but being a broke uni student hasn't allowed me to have one. I am close to getting to the stage where I'll have a huge disposable income, and I'll be waiting for this truck.

Hey mate, if your referring to me, yeah thats what i said but i would actually like the losi 1/5 over a baja anyday as im a big losi fan, i had a fairly modified strike sct for some stime and persisted with it purely because it was the underdog so believe me when i say i would love nothing more than for this 1/5 losi to come out and mop the floor with the baja's :)
Cheers

LeethalLee
09-09-2011, 08:14 AM
LargescaleRC have them listed for sale US$1599 bind n drive.

v8hatch
09-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Check them out here Lee.

towie964
09-09-2011, 09:30 AM
$1599 and it is only BND, you still need to buy a transmitter for it, and no word if it is even coming into Australia at this point. If it does end up coming here I wouldn't expect to see it before the beginning to mid next year, as it has not even been officially launched in the states yet.

I think I will wait until we start seeing some of the write up it gets, before I consider one of these.

BND, it comes with an 3300T receiver which means you will need to have or purchace either a DX2s, DX3s, or DX3r Pro radio to match the telemetry receiver.

crusey_aus
09-09-2011, 09:36 AM
HPI wont be far behind, they have a 4wd 1/5 scale in the making as well

http://largescalenews.com/2011/09/hpi-15-scale-4wd-this-weekend/

Cheers

towie964
09-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Hpi have had a 4WD Baja on the table since about 2009 but have been very slow to release any details about it, they also have an "R" onroad version of the 2WD baja on the drawing board, but again details have been very tight lipped about it.

They released the Savage 5T a couple of years back, an attempt to get the 5th scale market interested in 4WD but the project was limited to anly a couple of countries, Australia, Japan and some of Europe, the US missed out all together on that one, but the project died a very quick death and Hpi withdrew it from the line up within months.

The thing I noticed with the Hpi was the price, at around $1400 the market bauked and the only way to sell the Savage 5T was to discount it heavily, which is what they did back then, and then withdrew it, I think the Losi might be in that same price problem, from the look of the pickies, the drive train looks a little like the 1/8th scale truggy set up. As most who tried the Savage 5T, 1/8th scale gear will not hold the power of a gas motor, but only time will tell if Losi have gone ahead and beefed up the drive train to soak up the power of the 26cc gas motor.

fossil056
09-09-2011, 10:56 AM
More of the same - differant supplier in the Good Old US of A
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_44_1083/products_id/214484/n/Losi-5IVE-T-1-5-Scale-4WD-Short-Course-Truck-w-26cc-Gasoline-Engine-Black-Bind-N-Drive

LeethalLee
09-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Check them out here Lee.

Hey Steve, they look and sound very very nice, not that I'm in the market for one, I'm still stockpiling parts for the 5B rebuild. Got some nice stuff on the way from the US.

Mind you I would be keen on a 4WD when we get a club and track up and running!!!

v8hatch
09-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Yes im the same im not that interested in a 4x4 yet as im still having fun with the attitude the baja has, we have the track though haven't you heard?

Godles
09-09-2011, 12:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN7XUFlS5PI&feature=player_embedded#!

Luke G
09-09-2011, 01:45 PM
I've pre orderd one from model flight, should be here at the start of next month! Being 4wd id imagine it would be a rocket with a high hp engine if the tranny proves to be tough enough.

Wilson
09-09-2011, 02:53 PM
I've pre orderd one from model flight, should be here at the start of next month! Being 4wd id imagine it would be a rocket with a high hp engine if the tranny proves to be tough enough.

Damn man, im coming to your house! lol

Seano
09-09-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm going to the states in a couple of weeks. May have to take an extra suitcase.

v8hatch
09-09-2011, 05:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGoN8qm5Wmc

LeethalLee
09-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Yes im the same im not that interested in a 4x4 yet as im still having fun with the attitude the baja has, we have the track though haven't you heard?

Yeah, I did have a quick look, but from the quick read I had, it sounded like a private, by invitation kind of deal?

v8hatch
09-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Yes at the moment it is private, we are going to look at race days and or open to public days. We want to enjoy the track after all our hard work for a little while at first, we have only spoken a little bit about it, so nothing has been setup at this stage.

bajafever
09-09-2011, 07:26 PM
ha ha and i just bought myself a 5b. i already regret it.
wow just look at this thing rip over those tracks, thats going to be some tough competition.

i had a look arround and they come well equipt as well.

this might bring the price for the baja's down.
verry interesting stuff.

BIG-block
10-09-2011, 12:29 AM
I have to say that 1/5th scale is slowly getting my attention. I love the look of that thing although I will wait a year or two and see how the truck actually performs and also see if the aftermarket gets behind it too. I thought it really handled nicely for a 1/5th.

Sandman77
10-09-2011, 12:06 PM
The body on this looks better than the one on the 5SC too, looks more realistic and a little HPI mini-DT style. But it does just look a bit like a big 1/8, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

RatsacK
10-09-2011, 01:22 PM
I have to say that 1/5th scale is slowly getting my attention. I love the look of that thing although I will wait a year or two and see how the truck actually performs and also see if the aftermarket gets behind it too. I thought it really handled nicely for a 1/5th.

I'm with you B-B. Would be a lot of fun racing them though.

RyeSin
10-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Still not sure if I like the exhaust pointing straight into the body.

It's got some good points but don't know what it is about them, to me it looks a bit cheap and tacky. Could be the colour scheme. Might grow on me but at this point the 5sc would be a better option IMO. Atleast the bajas have been proven to be a pretty good race and bash vehicle.

Losi has some good points with the new model but not enough to convert me over yet.

The bold fat horizon presenter is just a good sales person. From memory horizon is affiliated with Losi or vice versa. It was also funny watching the video when they were trying so hard not to mention the name of the "other largescale vehicle" that of being the Baja lol.

Seano
10-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Another thing I noticed was the air filter.It's Quiet small and I don't fell there would be room to fit a larger after market one in it's place.

MONAROMAN
10-09-2011, 05:38 PM

Ha ha ha, you make me laugh! two words..... NO CHANCE.

Wait until Steph gets back to the track, when its reliable not too many can keep up with Steph and his MCD! He has just been the most unlucky bugger I have seen hit the track to date, he missed out on taking out 4wd class last year by a whisker and from memory another MCD won..... with FG's not placing 1st, 2nd OR 3rd.

This Losi truck looks pretty darn good, its good to see the companies that dominate the smaller scales finally getting on board - the CEN is a POS ripoff design but this looks the goods and with some aftermarket support will open the doors to the 4wd classes.

kxrider
10-09-2011, 11:22 PM
The body on this looks better than the one on the 5SC too, looks more realistic and a little HPI mini-DT style. But it does just look a bit like a big 1/8, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

You're right, mate. It is pretty much directly modeled from the 8ight-T, which is a 1/8 truggy. Anyone who knows about R/C know that *uggies are basically the TOUGHEST platform out, as well as being the best handling machines. I thing that this things durability will be fantastic. The arms are exactly the same as the buggies, except HUGE. The chassis is the chassis from the truggy, but 5mm thick! 7075 everywhere. I think it will definitely prove itself.

Losi have really thought of everything, those inserts that allow perfect mesh depending on the ratio you're running are fantastic, they even have them for the diffs as well, so when they wear they can be shimmed (for lack of a better word, as they aren't being shimmed) tighter.

Mr.Leopard
11-09-2011, 08:03 AM
the engine layout is just wrong.... how are you suppose to fit a larger airfilter on there and then a tuned pipe??

and in the matter of fact i wouldnt be running anything larger or more powerful than the stock engine.... hence why they give you large gearing in there and light oil in the centre diff

asoon as any decent torque will hit the rear diff, BANG

epic fail from losi

Luke G
11-09-2011, 08:07 AM
It makes me laugh sometimes when people make comments on something thats not even out yet, let alone driven and worked on one. How can you seriously judge something from pictures?

xr8ute
11-09-2011, 08:20 AM
I agree with your statements Luke, it will be different when its sitting in front of us!

Personally I can't wait to have a go of one!

towie964
11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
It makes me laugh sometimes when people make comments on something thats not even out yet, let alone driven and worked on one. How can you seriously judge something from pictures?

I dont know what is like to drive the latest Hummer either, but from previous experience, I can take an educated guess.

Many of us have worked with the Losi "T" platform, both in 1/10 & 1/8 scale, and taking into consideration the 5iveT is the same platform in larger scale, it is a pretty safe bet that it will behave and perform in the same fashion as it's predecessor.

I am keen to take one for a run myself, but only time will tell if it has the potential to match the currently available models.

MONAROMAN
11-09-2011, 10:44 AM
I dont know what is like to drive the latest Hummer either, but from previous experience, I can take an educated guess.

Many of us have worked with the Losi "T" platform, both in 1/10 & 1/8 scale, and taking into consideration the 5iveT is the same platform in larger scale, it is a pretty safe bet that it will behave and perform in the same fashion as it's predecessor.

Except the weight of a gasser engine represents a significantly higher % or the total weight when compared to a nitro or electric, this can and will have an affect on the handling. I agree with Luke G, peeps have no idea until it hits the market and they can see one in the flesh and get feedback from people who have driven both this and what is currently on the market.

And Mr Baja when the HPI Baja first came out there were zero hopups, people designed, engineered and modified them to make it a reality, exactly the same as this will be. There is no reason a specifically designed tuned pipe won't fit on this and there is already a short stack unifilter that will do the job.

As for the diffs comment I wasn't aware of your superior knowledge of a product that hasn't even hit our shores, were you part of the design team and are not telling anyone?

kxrider
11-09-2011, 11:18 AM
the engine layout is just wrong.... how are you suppose to fit a larger airfilter on there and then a tuned pipe??

and in the matter of fact i wouldnt be running anything larger or more powerful than the stock engine.... hence why they give you large gearing in there and light oil in the centre diff

asoon as any decent torque will hit the rear diff, BANG

epic fail from losi

There is tons of room for a pipe to wrap around the back and exit via the left or right side, so idk where you're getting your ideas from.

I don't see how the diff is going to be weak, either. It's a truggy, it has THREE diffs to take up all the power and the diffs look tough to me.

This is a scaled up truggy, anyone who knows about rc can tell it will be tough just by the design.

Major fail by the uneducated person who thinks it's a heap of crap and can't understand how well it is engineered.

Mr.Leopard
11-09-2011, 12:47 PM
im putting 1 and 1 together

by seeing its got tall gearing, 19/58 and a 20 tooth pinion for higher power engines, to stop the massive torque

light fluid in the centre diff and even lighter in the back to take stress away from the crown and pinion

IMO crown and pinion setups should not be used in big power applications like 1/5, especially when this has been a largened up 1/8 buggy or whatever

many factors come into it.... just my opinion

billybob
11-09-2011, 01:30 PM
I have to say this sounds like a good truck.Several nifty ideas that are new and also being a losi I am sure they would have done a ton of testing.I would love to have a go of one.Wether it would be a good race 4wd platform only time will tell.

MONAROMAN
11-09-2011, 03:53 PM
im putting 1 and 1 together

by seeing its got tall gearing, 19/58 and a 20 tooth pinion for higher power engines, to stop the massive torque

and you obviously know what the diff ratios are then... :rolleyes:

B-Money
11-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Ok, i am currently quite bored and here is my opinion about this.

I have no issue with it being a scaled up version of a 1/8th truggy/buggy. The 1/8th truggy and buggy platforms work well, handle well and are also pretty strong. I think we need to assume that losi will scale up the drivetrain aswell as the size, they will not be running 8ight Cd's, diffs and drivelines in general, if they were, then yes, durability would be an issue but they aren't. My thoughts are that the driveline will be like that of the baja, ok out of the box but with people putting huge engines in the car the driveline will suffer, this is when the aftermarket support will come in. How many Baja racers use the stock dogbones? Not many i would think.

As for the diffs, don't full sized cars use crown and pinion style diffs? Other than using crown and pinion style diffs what other style is there, i'm not very familiar with 1/5th scale cars other than the baja but in 1/8th, pretty much everything is crown and pinion diffs.

My thoughts are that the CD will actually help prevent damage to the diffs, the Cd will obviously unload to the end with the least traction. The only time when this is bad is if the front wheels are off the ground and the rears are, the fronts will get all the power and then when the fronts hit the ground, especially if it's a high traction surface, the front diff may let go.

RC is an ever evolving thing, the baja has been the most popular 1/5th pretty much since it came out. In my mind this is due to it being made by a large, world-wide company. HPI is very well known unlike FG, Hurrax, MCD etc, this means that more shops will sell HPI products, cars and spares, than the other brands of 1/5th. But now that another well known RC company has entered the 1/5th market i think we will see shops selling both the Losi and HPI 1/5th's. Not sure if this paragraph actually made any sense.

On to the 5ive's design, i think we have become complacent with the baja's design, now we see something that is very different and some of the hardcore baja supporters don't like it. Why? Because it's different, it's a step in a different direction to the baja. Only time will tell if the 5ive is as tough as the baja is/can be/etc, only time will tell if it is accepted as well as the baja is, only time will tell if it compares to the other 1/5 4WD's out at the moment.

I'm not saying that there wont be downsides to the 5ive, but until i see one, drive one, or hear of first hand experiences i wont talk about whether it is good or not. I will only make comments about what i can see in pictures.

One such thing i am not mad keen about in the design of the 5ive is the placement of the engine and the fuel tank. They are both on the same side. I'm not sure of the weight distribution but it looks like that the side with the engine and tank will be heavier than the other side, whether or not this will effect the handling or not i don't know but it is something that i observed from the pictures.

As with most of my posts i hope this made sense and again, the above was all my opinion, take it how you want but all in all, it's my opinion.

kxrider
11-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Ok, i am currently quite bored and here is my opinion about this.

I have no issue with it being a scaled up version of a 1/8th truggy/buggy. The 1/8th truggy and buggy platforms work well, handle well and are also pretty strong. I think we need to assume that losi will scale up the drivetrain aswell as the size, they will not be running 8ight Cd's, diffs and drivelines in general, if they were, then yes, durability would be an issue but they aren't. My thoughts are that the driveline will be like that of the baja, ok out of the box but with people putting huge engines in the car the driveline will suffer, this is when the aftermarket support will come in. How many Baja racers use the stock dogbones? Not many i would think.

As for the diffs, don't full sized cars use crown and pinion style diffs? Other than using crown and pinion style diffs what other style is there, i'm not very familiar with 1/5th scale cars other than the baja but in 1/8th, pretty much everything is crown and pinion diffs.

My thoughts are that the CD will actually help prevent damage to the diffs, the Cd will obviously unload to the end with the least traction. The only time when this is bad is if the front wheels are off the ground and the rears are, the fronts will get all the power and then when the fronts hit the ground, especially if it's a high traction surface, the front diff may let go.

RC is an ever evolving thing, the baja has been the most popular 1/5th pretty much since it came out. In my mind this is due to it being made by a large, world-wide company. HPI is very well known unlike FG, Hurrax, MCD etc, this means that more shops will sell HPI products, cars and spares, than the other brands of 1/5th. But now that another well known RC company has entered the 1/5th market i think we will see shops selling both the Losi and HPI 1/5th's. Not sure if this paragraph actually made any sense.

On to the 5ive's design, i think we have become complacent with the baja's design, now we see something that is very different and some of the hardcore baja supporters don't like it. Why? Because it's different, it's a step in a different direction to the baja. Only time will tell if the 5ive is as tough as the baja is/can be/etc, only time will tell if it is accepted as well as the baja is, only time will tell if it compares to the other 1/5 4WD's out at the moment.

I'm not saying that there wont be downsides to the 5ive, but until i see one, drive one, or hear of first hand experiences i wont talk about whether it is good or not. I will only make comments about what i can see in pictures.

One such thing i am not mad keen about in the design of the 5ive is the placement of the engine and the fuel tank. They are both on the same side. I'm not sure of the weight distribution but it looks like that the side with the engine and tank will be heavier than the other side, whether or not this will effect the handling or not i don't know but it is something that i observed from the pictures.

As with most of my posts i hope this made sense and again, the above was all my opinion, take it how you want but all in all, it's my opinion.

Exactly mate.

Everyone doubting this truck will be pleasantly surprised I believe, OR they will continue to hate on it just because they're too stubborn to admit they're wrong, like ford/holden fanboys. The 1/8 platform is one of the most reliable platforms out there, I really believe that this will be more durable than the baja.

crusey_aus
11-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Some footage of the HPI Electric 4x4

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17186053#utm_campaign=www.modelbouwforum.nl&utm_source=17186053&utm_medium=social

Cheers

Sandman77
11-09-2011, 05:22 PM
electric:D:D

SIKKO_X2
12-09-2011, 12:34 PM
im excited to see where 1/5th scale goes in the next few years. hopefully other companies will come out with some good stuff and the competition will help to create some better designs for better prices. this is only the beginning

towie964
13-09-2011, 12:06 AM
After some exhaustive inquiries today I have found out that the Losi 5iveT should be here in a month and selling for the same price as the US, there is a limited number of units coming in the first shipment followed by another release towards the end of the year.

Needless to say I have my hand up for one of the first batch early October, so hopefully this debate can be put to bed with some accurate and positive results.

The details I received today confirm that the Platform is definately a beefed up version of the 1/8th platform, and with the price expected to be $1599.00 which is the same as the US price, I think it is good value, compared to the Baja 5SC which is $1500 and comes with a basic 2.4g radio and only 2WD.

These units are BND (Bind and Drive) so a Spektrum handset will be required to complete the model, DX3s/DX2s/DX3r Pro will all allow the use of the Telemetry, other Spektrum handsets will also Bind up but with no telemetry.

After today's discussions...I'm Excited....as soon as they arrive I will be able to comment more on them.

Something that also came to mind....I wonder if Losi will do an electric conversion kit the same as they did with the 1/8 scale?

B-Money
13-09-2011, 12:18 AM
After some exhaustive inquiries today I have found out that the Losi 5iveT should be here in a month and selling for the same price as the US, there is a limited number of units coming in the first shipment followed by another release towards the end of the year.

Needless to say I have my hand up for one of the first batch early October, so hopefully this debate can be put to bed with some accurate and positive results.

The details I received today confirm that the Platform is definately a beefed up version of the 1/8th platform, and with the price expected to be $1599.00 which is the same as the US price, I think it is good value, compared to the Baja 5SC which is $1500 and comes with a basic 2.4g radio and only 2WD.

These units are BND (Bind and Drive) so a Spektrum handset will be required to complete the model, DX3s/DX2s/DX3r Pro will all allow the use of the Telemetry, other Spektrum handsets will also Bind up but with no telemetry.

After today's discussions...I'm Excited....as soon as they arrive I will be able to comment more on them.

Something that also came to mind....I wonder if Losi will do an electric conversion kit the same as they did with the 1/8 scale?

I noticed rc hobbies listed it on their website on saturday for $1599, and they also say october, i like how we dont have to wait ages between the release and the first shipments.

A good thing about it being BND is that if you use spektrum then you just need to bind the rx, if you don't use spektrum you can easily sell the rx.

I'm not sure about losi releasing a conversion kit, if they do i think it will be when they release their own motor aswell, i wouldn't think they would release a conversion kit that works specifically for the castle motor and esc combo. But i think they would be dumb not to at least try and get into the 1/5th electric market with the rate it's growing.

towie964
13-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Losi do a generic conversion for the 1/8th.

Why sell the RX, why not just purchase a radio if they didnt already have a Spektrum Handset, a DX3s handset only can be picked up for $150 new and a DX3r Pro for $300 with an SR3100 DSM2 rx for $300, both these radios will work with the telemetry which is already pre-installed into the model.

RyeSin
13-09-2011, 12:27 AM

Pete you lucky boy you!
Keep us posted on this.

BenV.2
13-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Should be a nice addition to the collection Towie.
I'm also looking at getting one of these as they look like a pretty awesome truck.

towie964
13-09-2011, 12:37 AM
First Release or second batch? I think they are going to be hard to keep on the shelves.

Dont Worry Ben, I will let you have a drive of mine:thumb: Might even grab a set of 4 Tarmac Busters and see how she handles the Carpark out the front of the shop at the next drift day.
How funny would that be, chasing drifters with a Losi 5ive T?

B-Money
13-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Losi do a generic conversion for the 1/8th.

Why sell the RX, why not just purchase a radio if they didnt already have a Spektrum Handset, a DX3s handset only can be picked up for $150 new and a DX3r Pro for $300 with an SR3100 DSM2 rx for $300, both these radios will work with the telemetry which is already pre-installed into the model.

I'm not entirely sure how generic it is, The motor mount IMO was designed for their xcelorin 1/8th motors. From memory, the holes are drilled to accommodate M4 screws, most 1/8th motors don't use m4 screws, tekin and losi motors do but CC and many others don't. M3 is the most common mounting screw for 1/8th motors that i am aware of.

Plus, i am pretty sure you need to remove a screw holding on the side skirt to slide out most 1/8th motors - 42mm dia. But with losi motors you don't need to remove the screw as they're a smaller dia motor compared to tekin/cc/neu etc.

I like losi, i have had multiple losi's and love my LST XXL, but they do a few things that i don't understand why they would do while almost every other company does what i would call the industry standard. Screw types for instance, why does losi still use imperial screws, will the 5ive use metric or imperial screws.

IMO, and it is that, my opinion, losi, horizon, spektrum, e-flite, parkzone etc are all in bed together, they do things to help each other out, things that in my mind make no logical sense but they do it anyway, again, i have bought losi, spektrum, parkzone and e-flite products and for the most part am happy but i don't understand why they do certain things.

As for the spektrum rx, i like spektrum, i run spektrum as you know, but as with most things there are spektrum/futaba/whatever fan boys. Plus, i didn't feel the need for telemetry on my baja or any of my cars so why should i need it on a 5ive if i buy one. Telemetry for ground based rc has its flaws, mostly with range and wrong data, they may've fixed these issues/flaws but still i don't plan to go full speed with an rc and look at the screen to tell me how fast i'm going, also, isn't one of the big selling points of 1/5th's that the engines are very robust and don't need to be worried about as much as nitro engines, so i don't see the need for temperature either. The only useful thing would be the rx pack voltage, but until they find a way to display the voltage for EP vehicles i wont be using spektrum telemetry.

Well i think that's my little rant for the night.

Just to point out, i am seriously thinking about buying one of these, i have had a baja and hated it for being 2wd as it didn't suit where i drive but with the 5ive being 4wd it should be so much better.

Luke G
13-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Hey guy's the cheepest i've found in Australia is $1699 + free shipping - I've pre orderd one from model flight and been guaranteed to get the first batch however if they are going for $1599 i'd be keen to find out where? I looked at R/C hobbies and they also list it as $1699.

Cheers!

monstermad jnr
13-09-2011, 06:54 AM
A-main has them for $1599.

v8hatch
13-09-2011, 07:22 AM
preordered mine yesturday, should get it in early October from PSR

towie964
13-09-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm not entirely sure how generic it is, The motor mount IMO was designed for their xcelorin 1/8th motors. From memory, the holes are drilled to accommodate M4 screws, most 1/8th motors don't use m4 screws, tekin and losi motors do but CC and many others don't. M3 is the most common mounting screw for 1/8th motors that i am aware of.

Plus, i am pretty sure you need to remove a screw holding on the side skirt to slide out most 1/8th motors - 42mm dia. But with losi motors you don't need to remove the screw as they're a smaller dia motor compared to tekin/cc/neu etc.

I like losi, i have had multiple losi's and love my LST XXL, but they do a few things that i don't understand why they would do while almost every other company does what i would call the industry standard. Screw types for instance, why does losi still use imperial screws, will the 5ive use metric or imperial screws.

IMO, and it is that, my opinion, losi, horizon, spektrum, e-flite, parkzone etc are all in bed together, they do things to help each other out, things that in my mind make no logical sense but they do it anyway, again, i have bought losi, spektrum, parkzone and e-flite products and for the most part am happy but i don't understand why they do certain things.

As for the spektrum rx, i like spektrum, i run spektrum as you know, but as with most things there are spektrum/futaba/whatever fan boys. Plus, i didn't feel the need for telemetry on my baja or any of my cars so why should i need it on a 5ive if i buy one. Telemetry for ground based rc has its flaws, mostly with range and wrong data, they may've fixed these issues/flaws but still i don't plan to go full speed with an rc and look at the screen to tell me how fast i'm going, also, isn't one of the big selling points of 1/5th's that the engines are very robust and don't need to be worried about as much as nitro engines, so i don't see the need for temperature either. The only useful thing would be the rx pack voltage, but until they find a way to display the voltage for EP vehicles i wont be using spektrum telemetry.

Well i think that's my little rant for the night.

Just to point out, i am seriously thinking about buying one of these, i have had a baja and hated it for being 2wd as it didn't suit where i drive but with the 5ive being 4wd it should be so much better.

Losi are an American based company and Imperial is the Industry standard in that country, so I would imagine there may be some imperial bolts on the 5ive.

As for the telemetry, while I doubt many will see a need for it, having it pre-installed is a bonus even if it is just used for reading the voltage of the onboard battery it will be a time saver, also if the truck is malfunctioning in any way, a simple glance at the screen could give you a clue as to what is happening, if the temps are up, it may indicate a problem worth checking, rather than drive blind and detonate an engine, it would be handy to have the opportunity to stop driving prior to doing damage.
Losi have used the BND/BNF feature for years to help reduce the cost of models, and have also supplied Spektrum radios with many models, being part of Horizon Hobby it makes sense that they would feature and promote their own products.

With so many people already owning a Spektrum radio, many will be able to benefit from the BND theory and have the radio they want to use rather than a supplied radio they dont want or need, it not only saves a few dollars, it also saves another pile of plastic being turned into unwanted waste.

Hey guy's the cheepest i've found in Australia is $1699 + free shipping - I've pre orderd one from model flight and been guaranteed to get the first batch however if they are going for $1599 i'd be keen to find out where? I looked at R/C hobbies and they also list it as $1699.

Cheers!

The prices are still not guaranteed, but my disscussions yesterday concluded with the Price being the same as the US price of $1599, this may change closer to release day, but I will let you know when I have a firm price, although $1699 with free shipping is the same as $1599 and paying $80~$100 for freight, which would be what I would expect the shipping to cost on average.

towie964
13-09-2011, 07:36 AM

What was the Pre-order price?

Seano
13-09-2011, 07:47 AM
I've scouted all over the web and in the states there $1599 and in aus there $1699. Do you think Losi and the distributors have made this a rule? Keeping the price the same.

towie964
13-09-2011, 08:05 AM
I do think it has been carefully structured to prevent people buying the truck overseas

sperera
13-09-2011, 09:47 AM

great stuff steve, cant wait to see it in action!

v8hatch
13-09-2011, 10:10 AM
It's all right here....

http://powerslideracing.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=169_170_277&products_id=5399&zenid=cc709d72e4f77d5a642f609f5a5a316c

sperera
13-09-2011, 11:42 AM
sounds like an awesome machine! great stuff again steve

towie964
13-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Only 30 more days to go....I think I might have to go to sleep for a month...or go nuts waiting.

Godles
13-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Only 30 more days to go....I think I might have to go to sleep for a month...or go nuts waiting.

Are you getting one? lol I can't wait to see one at the SOLS track.

towie964
13-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Yeah Luke, I am supposed to be getting one...just found a reason for you to come visit QLD...lol.

Because I didnt or should I say Wasn't allowed to go to Melbourne to see Ken Block, it appears my RC budget has a little excess that I can use to get hold of one of these.

Godles
13-09-2011, 01:21 PM
your a lucky man! lol even though I can hardly keep the collection running I'd love to add this to the set

I guess I will just have to wait and see how everybody elses goes for a year or so

-.- even if I didn't head to Melb for Ken Block that weekend only cost us $500 -.- I'd be a third closer

in rod we trust
13-09-2011, 02:01 PM
this is going to be a awesome by the look and reports about it..

time will tell anyway hope they have tested these well, and also do they come out with a clear shell or allready painted...

hopefully they have a parts coming over as well, so we can get some here if needed..
wonder who will be the first to release after market hop ups, for these.

wood be good if they have a heap of aftermarket hop up's so you can deck it out how you like..
that i guess, is why the hpi baja is so popular you can customise it to your liking ,colour, engine's etc ,

bruce
13-09-2011, 02:17 PM
It looks like a nice bit of gear, being built like a 1/8 buggie it should be pretty strong. My 1/8 buggie has had a hiding over the years. On one job we got the bobcat out and made a 7ft high ramp to jump off, it never skiped a beat. Looking forward to seeing one of these go. Im sure tuned pipes for them will come pretty quick as well.

sperera
13-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Yeah Luke, I am supposed to be getting one...just found a reason for you to come visit QLD...lol.

Because I didnt or should I say Wasn't allowed to go to Melbourne to see Ken Block, it appears my RC budget has a little excess that I can use to get hold of one of these.

sounds like a fair trade off to me!!! played your cards well ;)

v8hatch
13-09-2011, 03:13 PM
From what he US guys are saying Ambro it was pushed hard for 20 min with a BZM in it even landing full throttle with no damage reported. They are saying it handles well and so far pretty tuff. So far so good!!

kxrider
13-09-2011, 08:20 PM
From what he US guys are saying Ambro it was pushed hard for 20 min with a BZM in it even landing full throttle with no damage reported. They are saying it handles well and so far pretty tuff. So far so good!!

Apparently Losi had one out at baja fest and it absolutely raped the modded bajas.

towie964
13-09-2011, 08:55 PM
this is going to be a awesome by the look and reports about it..

time will tell anyway hope they have tested these well, and also do they come out with a clear shell or allready painted...

hopefully they have a parts coming over as well, so we can get some here if needed..
wonder who will be the first to release after market hop ups, for these.

wood be good if they have a heap of aftermarket hop up's so you can deck it out how you like..
that i guess, is why the hpi baja is so popular you can customise it to your liking ,colour, engine's etc ,

They come pre-painted in 2 color schemes.

1. Black main cab with white body and gaurds

2.White main cab with black body and gaurds

They are a complete negative of each other, but the part I like, you can replace just the nose section, the cab section or the rear gaurds individually. Basically if you do a boo boo (thats screw up bad) and damage the body, you only have to purchase the bit of the body you broke, and just repaint that section, this is going to make body repairs so much cheaper.
I might just order a couple of spare fronts now and save the wait.

I have heard similar reports and they are all glowing at this point, time will tell, but I am staying positive, still a month to go

towie964
13-09-2011, 08:59 PM
sounds like a fair trade off to me!!! played your cards well ;)

Not a completely fair trade off, I actually couldn't get a medical clearance to fly, I felt healthy enough, but the doctors are great big wuss' and wont let me fly for 3 months.
The extra cash is a bonus yes, but I had looked forward to the Melbourne trip for a long while and was disappointed to say the least.

sperera
14-09-2011, 08:39 AM
fair enough, hope u can get back on a plane in no time.

really liking the sounds of the removable sections of the body!

LeethalLee
14-09-2011, 10:22 AM
The more I see or hear about the Losi 5ive T, the more impressed I am, .................. think I better stop looking!?!

v8hatch
14-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Hey Pete, I hope the health picks up for mate, bloody Doctors always spoil the fun…cold down in this way anyway really the wrong time of year to be heading south especially for you QLDers.

Yeah Sohan the body on the Losi was a great idea, they have also used 24mm hex’s and all the nut’s and bolts are Metric as well, not to mention it only takes 4 bolts to take the motor out and they use off set spacers to suite each gear ratio for the perfect mesh even ones for when the gears wear down, oh and Losi have also made hop up parts at very good prices.

Lee…..you know you won’t stop looking and you know you want one……..

sperera
14-09-2011, 11:02 AM
or keep looking to seal the deal depending on your budget :D

v8hatch
14-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Here is the new dedicated Losi Large Scale Forum

http://losilargescaleforum.com/forum/index.php

towie964
14-09-2011, 11:27 AM
1 month less 1 day now...grrr...this month is going to be a long one

Thanks for the link to the Losi forum, I hadn't even thought to have a look.

v8hatch
14-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Yes it's going to be a long month it's always the way!!! But really a month is not that long...

towie964
14-09-2011, 12:07 PM
It is when you're waiting for a new toy...29 1/2 days to go

v8hatch
14-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Ah yes i'm in the same boat.....i'm keeping myself going by looking into them, thats why i got onto that Losi forum.

towie964
14-09-2011, 12:18 PM
I just had a read of the parts list someone did, that wasted 20 minutes...didnt really help:bang:

sperera
14-09-2011, 12:19 PM
It is when you're waiting for a new toy...29 1/2 days to go

let the countdown begin :D

LeethalLee
14-09-2011, 12:20 PM
So can you take out the Spectrum receiver and fit one of your choice?

LeethalLee
14-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Who is ordering one?

towie964
14-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah, you dont have to run the Spektrum Receiver, but using a different one will result in the loss of the Telemetry feature.

So...when you ordering yours? They are fast being snapped up on Pre-order

v8hatch
14-09-2011, 12:32 PM
I'll be putting in my spare Futaba RX, not worried about the telemetry feature

towie964
14-09-2011, 12:36 PM
I forgot I have a spare R603FS also, but I have a DX3r Pro radio, so I will probably just bind that up and have the Telemetry to play with also.

May be a good time to sell off the spare Spektrum radios I have...lol

damo1275
14-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Looks like it going to be killer car. I really like the 4 part shell hope they price the parts properly... Got sick of the losi crew talking up aftermarket parts used as "stock" without including a tuned pipe WTF?

sperera
14-09-2011, 02:25 PM
dont think people are going to be waiting too long for a tuned pipe.

as for the telemetry my experience is that its very unreliable and doest work more than 20 meters away from the tx, but cool when it is working :D

LeethalLee
14-09-2011, 03:19 PM
I can't see me ordering one in the near future, I'm struggling to keep the 5B running, ............. unless I sold everything ............. mmmmm food for thought!?!

I guess time will tell whether they are bashable?

Good to here you can use your own reciever, i wouldn't be too concerned about losing the telemetry feature either.

So who is ordering one? Pete? Steve?

xr8ute
14-09-2011, 04:24 PM
I would like to but not in a position too at the moment, I reckon the 4x4 class at out club could do with a shake up !!!!

Godles
14-09-2011, 04:26 PM
I can't see me ordering one in the near future, I'm struggling to keep the 5B running, ............. unless I sold everything ............. mmmmm food for thought!?!

Good to here you can use your own reciever, i wouldn't be too concerned about losing the telemetry feature either.

I'm in the same position, very interested but couldnt justify one seeing as the current collection is suffering.

Telemetry is a bit of a gimmick imo if your watching a screen, your not watching where your going

Mr.Leopard
14-09-2011, 05:05 PM
I would like to but not in a position too at the moment, I reckon the 4x4 class at out club could do with a shake up !!!!

My birthday is on the way deano.... last year my personal gift to myself was a baja, this year, i dont think im gona have enough $ to get the new 4x4 to join its brother at the track, and its not a losi lol

v8hatch
14-09-2011, 05:17 PM
I have made my order with PSR and have been thinking about either stripping it down to check it all out or drive it straight out the box to see what it's like without doing a thing to it, thinking of just driving it to be honest

in rod we trust
14-09-2011, 05:49 PM
i,m thinking about getting one, just have to get a bit of cash together, time to lighten the load in all the hobbies, the dog has cost me 2000 last month, and that was been saved for a fg leopard, i was planing to get in november, but now the funds are a bit low and might have to settle for one of these..

might be a good thing that i didn,t get the fg, and am looking at one of these, as they look the goods

in rod we trust
14-09-2011, 05:52 PM
I have made my order with PSR and have been thinking about either stripping it down to check it all out or drive it straight out the box to see what it's like without doing a thing to it, thinking of just driving it to be honest

steve just drive it, see how it goes, but as per any rc car good to give it the once over..
only thing i think they should of done is give you the option of getting a unpainted one from shop, instead of a fully painted one ...that's the only down side for me so far on this losi, like to do my own paint and stickers as we all do . well most.. and don,t want to buy a new shell straight of.. if you have a few of these on the track , gets boring ,looks boring all the same theme..

v8hatch
14-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah i will i just like to see how it's all built and i enjoy building as well, i know once it's here i won't be able to help myself and drive it anyway. i will pull some of it apart and get some good photo's to show those who won't get a chance to check one out.

Seano
14-09-2011, 07:56 PM

How can say that after waiting a month? I couldn't. It would be out of the box and Binded and running around the back yard within 5 minutes.
I go to the states on friday and the first thing I will be doing is dropping into the LHS and buying one. And I will be taking the Dx3R with me.

Godles
14-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Seano your a lucky b*****d :)

towie964
14-09-2011, 08:07 PM

That would be a Hell Yeah from me...lol, Mine is ordered and paid for...Woohoo

towie964
14-09-2011, 08:09 PM

Next time you're up this way Deano, you can take mine for a spin

MONAROMAN
14-09-2011, 09:16 PM
How can say that after waiting a month? I couldn't. It would be out of the box and Binded and running around the back yard within 5 minutes.
I go to the states on friday and the first thing I will be doing is dropping into the LHS and buying one. And I will be taking the Dx3R with me.

Hey Seano I dare you to take the DX3R on the plane as carry on luggage - they will have a fit when they scan your bag!! :D

towie964
14-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey Seano I dare you to take the DX3R on the plane as carry on luggage - they will have a fit when they scan your bag!! :D

Nah dont scare him....mind you the sight of some big hairy armed customs official with a rubber glove might put a frown on his face, they dont like transmitters around airports these days, especially this time of year and so close to Sept 11.

Braver man than me if you take the DX3r with you.

Have a great trip.

stephoon
14-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Hmm, 4x4 Baja! Hmm indeed.

MONAROMAN
14-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Nah dont scare him....mind you the sight of some big hairy armed customs official with a rubber glove might put a frown on his face, they dont like transmitters around airports these days, especially this time of year and so close to Sept 11.

Have a great trip.

Seano loves big hairy men with rubber gloves.... err I mean Big Kev's with rubber gloves..... err I mean.... nevermind I have said too much! :D

crusey_aus
15-09-2011, 12:06 AM
Apparently the HPI 4x4 is being referred to as an extended Savage

Electronics rumoured to be Castle Mamba Monster with 1717 motor

Losi certainly sounds sweet for that price

Cheers

Seano
15-09-2011, 12:11 AM

Have a great trip.

Probably good you told me know. Shouldn't have any drama if I put it in the cargo hold?

Seano
15-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Seano loves big hairy men with rubber gloves.... err I mean Big Kev's with rubber gloves..... err I mean.... nevermind I have said too much! :D

You were drunker then me Chris.

MONAROMAN
15-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Copy that!!

towie964
15-09-2011, 10:35 AM
This is driving me insane....28 1/2 days to go...I am so bored!

Now all we need is a storm at sea to slow down the transport and I will be climbing the walls:bang:

sperera
15-09-2011, 11:45 AM
oh dont jinx it towie!

had a look at a couple of vids of it this morining and it looks awesome, very well balanced, bit skaty in the rear end but most importantly not any sign of understeer.

looks like its going to be a weapon on the track!

in rod we trust
15-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Probably good you told me know. Shouldn't have any drama if I put it in the cargo hold?

have a great holiday and enjoy sean :thumb:

v8hatch
15-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Another new forum.....

http://5ive-tforum.com/forum.php

towie964
22-09-2011, 07:43 AM
Still waiting patiently...:bored: How many more days is it?:clock:

v8hatch
22-09-2011, 08:29 AM
I have lost count Pete....i thought you would have known!!

LeethalLee
22-09-2011, 09:07 AM
I have lost count Pete....i thought you would have known!!

Better let me know when you get it, I'll come around for a look!!!

v8hatch
22-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Sure will Lee, i'll be taking it out localy somewhere like the Knox BMX track to run it in and get a feel for it.

xr8ute
22-09-2011, 12:21 PM
I got a little inside info last night that there will be a new Losi 1/5th scale at the open day at Luddenham this coming Sunday.
You'll be able to see it cutting some laps at our track... 

v8hatch
22-09-2011, 12:25 PM
wow....that's pritty cool, lucky buggers!!!

towie964
22-09-2011, 12:54 PM
I got a little inside info last night that there will be a new Losi 1/5th scale at the open day at Luddenham this coming Sunday.

Figures, I am 1000kms away.....bugger

Godles
22-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Figures, I am 1000kms away.....bugger

I'm 150km away and now trying to find a way to get my arse there lol

xr8ute
22-09-2011, 01:09 PM
I'm 150km away and now trying to find a way to get my arse there lol

You should be there anyway Luke!!
Are you rejoining ???

bruce
22-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Im 110k away and i plan on having my arse there.

Godles
22-09-2011, 01:24 PM
You should be there anyway Luke!!
Are you rejoining ???

We are rejoining, we are just a bit broke at the moment I will talk to Ang as I just spent a crap load on the parentals so she may have to kick some dosh in to get our memberships this time.

plus we need to do spend some money and time to work on our cars...... they haven't been touched since we tried the hostile blade on them.

if the weather holds up we will come down for a day out (plus I have some things for the shed), it would be nice to see what else happens at Luddenham

I'd come for the ride if I didn't have to bring some things lol

PC WIZ
22-09-2011, 01:39 PM
HMMM! I have a pushbike and I can ride at 25km per hour average for 5-6 hours a day, I'm over a thousand k's away, I'll do the math and get back! LOL

Luddenham is a great plate to visit, lots of RC plus train rides and slot cars. It may have changed since last time I was there in 1972 but it will still be an RC lovers dream.

Godles
22-09-2011, 01:42 PM
HMMM! I have a pushbike and I can ride at 25km per hour average for 5-6 hours a day, I'm over a thousand k's away, I'll do the math and get back! LOL

400 hours - 16 and 3/4 days non stop or 80 days at 5 hours a day

PC WIZ
22-09-2011, 01:48 PM
I think I'll stay home and follow the posts.

xr8ute
22-09-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be there myself yet, the brides still In hospital so I'll have to see.
I hope there's plenty of video footage taken, it would be good exposure fir our track ti have the Losi running there as well, post that on a few forums around the world.
I'm happy to jump on for any exposure fir us as well as the car..!!!

Godles
22-09-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm not sure if I'll be there myself yet, the brides still In hospital so I'll have to see.
I hope there's plenty of video footage taken, it would be good exposure fir our track ti have the Losi running there as well, post that on a few forums around the world.
I'm happy to jump on for any exposure fir us as well as the car..!!!

I'll bring our GoPro and get Angie to bring her camera along.

in rod we trust
22-09-2011, 03:01 PM
hope the losi has a transponder...the track will give the losi a good workout...
it better live up to the hype..

or there's going to be a lot of dissapointed people

Blazin
22-09-2011, 03:23 PM
can't wait for this

PC WIZ
22-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Me either! After 8 pages of hype I feel like i should sell my pushbike and get one now. Being based on a 1/8th it should be strong as!

mick270
22-09-2011, 04:07 PM

Who managed that?
Is it someone from RC hobbies?

xr8ute
22-09-2011, 05:40 PM
No it's someone from an RC magazine, they have sought permission from me to run it.
Hopefully it will all fall into place!

RogerDaShrubber
22-09-2011, 05:55 PM
I would like to come down and see it also, but there is just so much on this weekend, need to get some practice in with my rock crawler on Sat and on Suni want to go watch the mains at the QLD EP On Road Championships at Wynnum.

towie964
22-09-2011, 08:45 PM
I am still thinking of being naughty and jumping on a plane, 8 weeks = 3 months dont it?

in rod we trust
22-09-2011, 08:55 PM
No it's someone from an RC magazine, they have sought permission from me to run it.
Hopefully it will all fall into place!

be nice if they gave us a go around the track , a bit like try before you buy

stephoon
22-09-2011, 10:40 PM
I wish i could cut my arse in half so i can be at 2 places at the same time!! lol

Baja Dan
22-09-2011, 10:48 PM
i'll be 250ks away, but spiritually i'll be there.

PC WIZ
23-09-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm the same! I wish I had two arses!
I know I would have at least one there.

xr8ute
23-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Well this us difficult to have to post but I have just had a call to infirm me the fella can't make it with the Losi.
I'm fairly ticked off about it and I do apologize, I was only passing on the news with some excitement of course and am as disappointed as you all.
He reckons he can make it next month.... We will see!! 

in rod we trust
23-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Well this us difficult to have to post but I have just had a call to infirm me the fella can't make it with the Losi.
I'm fairly ticked off about it and I do apologize, I was only passing on the news with some excitement of course and am as disappointed as you all.

and just when we were getting excited about it..not your faulty deno no need to appoligise

gee for a rc magazine you would think that's in there best interest to take it to a
approved baja track, where there are different 4wd that will be there to compare the losi against. must of scared them that a mcd and fg were there...

they will be avaliable next month so a bit late there..makes me think there got something to hide about this car...so wait till its released so peeps can buy them and find out there not all that good....

makes ya think twice that's for sure:thumb:

xr8ute
23-09-2011, 08:01 PM
To be honest it makes me think they don't have the car yet, I spoke to Fred at RC hobbies and he was surprised to hear about it!!

towie964
23-09-2011, 08:58 PM
To be honest it makes me think they don't have the car yet, I spoke to Fred at RC hobbies and he was surprised to hear about it!!

Me thinks you are right Deano, from what I was told by the distributor, there are none in the country yet and the first batch will be here end od September/beginning of October.

I was hoping that they had sent one over for demo purposes.

PC WIZ
23-09-2011, 09:05 PM
The Plot thickens! Some times it's just out of your hands. Maybe their waiting for RPM "A" arms for this car to come out, before they release/show it! :p

towie964
23-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Nah...wont need RPM's these things are going to be bulletproof...arent they?

PC WIZ
23-09-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm with you Towie, Bullet proof?

Mr.Leopard
23-09-2011, 10:35 PM
im only 15k away andi wish i could split my arse in two so i can get the baja going twice as quick..... atm its sitting in a box in peices with no motor and a very lazy owner that likes heli's now lol

wobblygts
23-09-2011, 11:02 PM

Luddenham is a great plate to visit, lots of RC plus train rides and slot cars. It may have changed since last time I was there in 1972 but it will still be an RC lovers dream.
Looks like you'd best be pointing your bike back to Temora Brett. :lol:

PC WIZ
23-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Can I get a Google Earth location? Can I see what's new at Ludenham?

BTW: Never left Temora, suprize, supprize! My Bikes ready for anything now, I might do a big ride for fun and the experience.

wobblygts
24-09-2011, 07:48 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=luddenham+model+park :D

Mick.
24-09-2011, 09:20 AM

BTW: Never left Temora, suprize, supprize! My Bikes ready for anything now, I might do a big ride for fun and the experience.

Try this link:
NearMap (http://www.nearmap.com/[email protected],150.718281&ll=-33.86344,150.718281&z=18&t=h&nmd=20110516)

in rod we trust
24-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Nah...wont need RPM's these things are going to be bulletproof...arent they?

i wouldn,t go that far, time will tell ... i would of loved to see how this goes against the mcd rrv4 and the fg leopard... would of got a true result on how it compares, that's the real test..and how it holds up ...shame its not going to be there for the open day..

Seano
25-09-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm in Florida and been talking to the LHS and they have nil stock. Supposed to be getting stock in a couple of days.

v8hatch
27-09-2011, 07:16 AM
Still waiting patiently...:bored: How many more days is it?:clock:

Not to much longer now Pete.....

towie964
27-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Still about 14 days or so from my reckoning....arrrggghhh, I hate waiting:ohwell:

sperera
27-09-2011, 08:59 AM
a two week holiday and itll be waiting for you when you get back :D

v8hatch
27-09-2011, 05:24 PM
14 days is less than what it was, it can only get better......

towie964
27-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Mmmmm, waiting waiting waiting, still not here and the days are taking too long to pass by, I think I am going to have to buy something to build and take my mind off it........like thats gonna work

v8hatch
27-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah mate it's not easy....how is the brushless baja going?

in rod we trust
27-09-2011, 09:52 PM
Mmmmm, waiting waiting waiting, still not here and the days are taking too long to pass by, I think I am going to have to buy something to build and take my mind off it........like thats gonna work

Yeah mate it's not easy....how is the brushless baja going?

i know what to do go to the hospital and tell them your going crazy waiting for ya losi and if they can put you under local for 13-1/2 days till it arrives..

before you blokes go mad on us

Luke G
28-09-2011, 05:33 AM
I called the shop I orderd mine from to make sure its still coming, he seemed to think this week he will have them. hopefuly late next week it will be in my hands mabe??

On another note ive just orderd a BZM 50cc super, with plans to fit it to my Five-t, lets hope it holds together!

towie964
28-09-2011, 07:46 AM
This week....really, sounds like they have stepped up the delivery date, that being said, I could have mine by the week-end if the shop was right......Yeehaa.

Bet they just said that to upset us all, although Saturday is the beginning of October, and they did say early October, but they dont deliver on Saturdays so they better have meant Late September, Like Friday.

v8hatch
29-09-2011, 09:53 AM
http://ozlargescale.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7961.0;attach=8449;image
http://ozlargescale.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7961.0;attach=8448;image
http://ozlargescale.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7961.0;attach=8447;image

in rod we trust
29-09-2011, 10:31 AM
big car, probably the same size as my kl..

but this losi has heaps of front and rear bar space..and a touch longer wheel base..looks good tho..

hope you boys get yours before the weekend..

looks a bit wider too..

v8hatch
29-09-2011, 12:20 PM
I think it would be better sitting it besides a Baja 5T but it sure is a lot bigger than a 5B. can't wait to get it....

v8hatch
29-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey Pete PSR are picking up theirs tomorrow……..not long now!!!!!!

LeethalLee
29-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Hey Pete PSR are picking up theirs tomorrow……..not long now!!!!!!

Don't forget to call me, I want to check it out?!?

sperera
29-09-2011, 04:40 PM
exciting stuff!

v8hatch
29-09-2011, 05:17 PM
I haven't forgotten Lee.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ-QJoMocek&feature=player_embedded#!

crusey_aus
29-09-2011, 05:23 PM
8lbs (3.5kgs) difference in weight is a fair amount

Cheers

LeethalLee
29-09-2011, 08:14 PM
She's a massive heavy beast, but I still love it!!!

towie964
30-09-2011, 08:37 AM
We spoke with OMP yesterday afternoon, apparently the World Wide Release is the hold up, they are here in OZ already but.....they are not allowed to be released until the official date, so PSR may be the first to see them as the are located close to the supplier, mine will be about 3~4 days after the official release date due to transport time.
Not Happy Jan!!!!!!!!! They could at least make it fair and put them on the Transporters, giving everyone a level playing field, that way we would all be opening boxes of them the same day.

I have absolutely no Patience.....arrggghhh.

towie964
30-09-2011, 08:40 AM
8lbs (3.5kgs) difference in weight is a fair amount

Cheers

Mine will be going on a diet.....

v8hatch
30-09-2011, 08:54 AM
We spoke with OMP yesterday afternoon, apparently the World Wide Release is the hold up, they are here in OZ already but.....they are not allowed to be released until the official date, so PSR may be the first to see them as the are located close to the supplier, mine will be about 3~4 days after the official release date due to transport time.
Not Happy Jan!!!!!!!!! They could at least make it fair and put them on the Transporters, giving everyone a level playing field, that way we would all be opening boxes of them the same day.

Official release date!!!!! and when is that?? i'm really hopeing to get mine before next weekend..

towie964
30-09-2011, 09:00 AM
They wont tell us what the official release date is, I think Losi USA (TLR) is controlling that.....How Bloody Frustrating

v8hatch
30-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

bew
30-09-2011, 10:17 AM
You mean like the Losi Strike? Lol!

OMG +100000 to this. That thing was a piece of S*&T!!!

Mick.
30-09-2011, 10:28 PM
They wont tell us what the official release date is, I think Losi USA (TLR) is controlling that.....How Bloody Frustrating

Losi forums mentions the 10th October for the UK.

Godles
04-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Bump

hmmm I seem to remember an old bump thread that was on here back in the day.

towie964
04-10-2011, 12:17 PM
October 10th would be the World Wide Release date according to my source of info. That would mean I only have about 6 more sleeps till my new baby arrives.

Are you listening V8 Hatch? about 6 more sleeps till you get a new baby too. woo hoo we are going to be new dads...lol, I have lost the plot.

Anyone wanting one of these needs to get their pre-order in, the next shipment of these are looking like arriving in about December, just in time for Xmas. This shipment is limited to only about 60 units Australia Wide....EEEEKKK!!

in rod we trust
04-10-2011, 01:12 PM
couple of smart thing's losi did was to,

create the hype, ....let peeps know
make a couple of vids where its just losi v losi...so you really can,t gauge its true performance against other 4wd..

and release them one month later so peeps can put in there orders,instead of just release them straight away.... so if one person brought it and said they were crap, then they might lose sales..

this way they have sold there stock and no bad review's to impact on sales ..
there is either going to be a lot of happy people or a lot of angry ones..

v8hatch
04-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Holly crap 6 more sleeps to go.....

sperera
04-10-2011, 03:40 PM
not long now fellas, u guys must be on the edge of your seats!

im on the edge and dont even have one on order :lol: cant even imagine what u fellas are going through!

PC WIZ
04-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Is it 4 days now?

v8hatch
04-10-2011, 05:06 PM
I rang the distributors, they have them in stock and are waiting to hear the release date from horizon. The bloke I spoke to said he has driven one and that they handle very well and jump great, he also said they are built well and look very strong.

Godles
08-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Quoted from another forum and thought I'd see what you guys think?

Because of deal of the day and our sometimes slow local access I know most large scalers use ddm even if they aren't sponsors here.

Well guys, over the past few years we have done everything possible to be at the forefront of customer service in this industry. We exist because of you, the customer. Our goal is to serve you, the customer.

Now, we need your help.

Surprisingly, Horizon Hobby (Losi) has (for the time being) declined to give us an account to stock the 5ive-T and its related parts and accessories. It took them about 6 weeks to get a final reply to us, and after repeated emails and calls with their national sales staff, they remain unwilling to open an account. We cannot understand their reasoning, as we are one of the premier companies in 1/5 RC - the very market they are now entering. We fulfill all their dealer requirements, and Horizon has had no problem opening accounts with other companies similar to us, such as TGN, LargeScaleRC, CST, etc.

If there is one thing DDM is in business for, it is to serve our customers. We recognize that many of you are interested in the 5ive-T and want us to support the parts and upgrades. We are committed to doing just that.

We promise you, the customer, that we will do just that.

So we need your help. We need you, the customer, to let your voice be heard. We need you to let Horizon know that you would like to shop for your parts at DDM. Be respectful, but let them know why you feel the product should be on our shelves.

Here is the contact information, the person you want to talk to is Mike Feeney, their National Sales Manager.

He can be contacted at this email and phone:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: Toll-free (800) 535-5551

Let's see if we can make this happen. Call and email them. Let them hear your voice.

Thanks everyone for your support.

-Your Friends at DDM

towie964
08-10-2011, 09:41 PM
GRRRRR............Update....The release in Australia has been put back:bang: Yes back for yet another week.
The new planned release date is now October 17th, with most stores seeing their stock by the end of that week.

On an even worse note, people are calling in droves trying to buy the Losi 5IVE T, and they are being ruthless, even offering to pay more than the asking price to unseat a pre-order holder and acquire one of these first release units.

It has finally sunk in that there are only 60ish units in the country and they must be divided amoungst the entire 1/5scale RC Community. If you dont already have a confirmed Pre-Order with a licensed Losi Dealer...chances are you will not get one of these units, at least not until the next shipment is due, which is reportedly somewhere around xmas.

little_drifter
08-10-2011, 09:57 PM

MF had one on their shelf yesterday, I didnt really look twice at it as it dosnt have wings, I am not sure if it was for sale or not yet

v8hatch
08-10-2011, 10:15 PM
GRRRRR............Update....The release in Australia has been put back:bang: Yes back for yet another week.
The new planned release date is now October 17th, with most stores seeing their stock by the end of that week.

On an even worse note, people are calling in droves trying to buy the Losi 5IVE T, and they are being ruthless, even offering to pay more than the asking price to unseat a pre-order holder and acquire one of these first release units.

It has finally sunk in that there are only 60ish units in the country and they must be divided amoungst the entire 1/5scale RC Community. If you dont already have a confirmed Pre-Order with a licensed Losi Dealer...chances are you will not get one of these units, at least not until the next shipment is due, which is reportedly somewhere around xmas.

Dam it!!!!! if i miss out on this then i might just get the OBR twin instead

towie964
08-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Dam it!!!!! if i miss out on this then i might just get the OBR twin instead

Dont give up hope...you should be fine as long as you have a guaranteed pre-order.

flexsta
08-10-2011, 11:04 PM
OMP either has serious cash flow problems for the 60 or the tried and tested long time Nintendo run out of stock strategy and limited stock world wide is in full effect. Limiting stock limits any risk, it's better to run out of stock than to be left with too many. Either way, i cannot see too many fitting inside a 20" container.

Back in the days of working for a HI-FI company with hi-end valve amplifiers and speakers, the rich folks in Melbourne would literally get on a plane and go to California pickup the amplifier and accessories and fly back. They would get a fake receipt saying that the amplifier is a repair job, some would pull them apart slightly and claim them as spare parts.

BTW - I purchased a LOSI SCTE this week, amazing little truck she is.

towie964
09-10-2011, 01:31 PM
OMP either has serious cash flow problems for the 60 or the tried and tested long time Nintendo run out of stock strategy and limited stock world wide is in full effect. Limiting stock limits any risk, it's better to run out of stock than to be left with too many. Either way, i cannot see too many fitting inside a 20" container.

Back in the days of working for a HI-FI company with hi-end valve amplifiers and speakers, the rich folks in Melbourne would literally get on a plane and go to California pickup the amplifier and accessories and fly back. They would get a fake receipt saying that the amplifier is a repair job, some would pull them apart slightly and claim them as spare parts.

BTW - I purchased a LOSI SCTE this week, amazing little truck she is.

The 60 are here in Australia and have been for sometime, Horizon/Losi are doing a world wide release and have distributed these around the world in time for each country to get them complianced in those countries, and ready to sell come release day, OMP are ensuring all 60 are complete before any are released to the resellers around Australia.

little_drifter
09-10-2011, 02:41 PM
Are you going to buy ond Pete?

RatsacK
09-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Are you going to buy ond Pete?

What you think?;)

Gabz76
09-10-2011, 03:08 PM
done a search & found a web site that says Now Available! http://www.modelflight.com.au/products/LOSI_15_5IVET_4WD_OFFROAD_RACING_TRUCK_BND_WHITE-9814-176.html $1700

flexsta
09-10-2011, 03:12 PM
That's the importers retail store...

Sadly, how many are OMP going to sell direct at full margin compared to sending it to dealers at wholesale.

little_drifter
09-10-2011, 03:13 PM
OMP and Model Flight are the same mob, like I said above I saw one in there shop.

towie964
09-10-2011, 07:19 PM
I doubt they will sell very many at all...Modelflight are the retail outlet for OMP.

You have to remember they are the sole distributor for Losi/Spektrum/ParkZone etc, but the retail outlet needs to be seen to be doing the right thing and OMP needs be seen as not favouring it's own retail outlet over any other retail outlet that they supply.

I dont think many retailers would be prepared to continue dealing with them if they started playing those sort of games, and I would hazard a guess that the owners of Horizon Hobby would be a little critical also, they want as many retailers on side as possible, not alienated.

flexsta
09-10-2011, 08:11 PM
the retail outlet needs to be seen to be doing the right thing and OMP needs be seen as not favouring it's own retail outlet over any other retail outlet that they supply.

I totaly agree, but i got a LHS in Melbourne to price match Model Flight when they tried to sell me the Losi SCTE for more the the RRP of $ 399.00. It's a dog eat dog world, and a sale is a sale. Personally, i don't like this wholesaler / retailer scam that happens e.g. OMP = modelflight, Hobbies Australia = frontline e.t.c. It's a poor cash grab and survival of the fittest where your greatest competitor can be your supplier.

in rod we trust
09-10-2011, 08:32 PM
i,m already sick of hearing losi this losi that... and the car isn,t even released yet..
it will be out last week, this week, next week, etc... just release the dam thing losi. let the boy's have them..

flexsta
09-10-2011, 08:45 PM
i,m already sick of hearing losi this losi that...

I don't blame them, people who go to the movies are tweeting and facebooking live while in the theatre posting reviews and they spread like wildfire, if the USA get's the 5 first, the potential to spread negative reviews world wide will educated people in other countries to information you would not have if you are buying it at the same time.

You wait for the reviews, you miss out on stock...nice strategy, it's a bluff.

in rod we trust
10-10-2011, 10:47 AM
I don't blame them, people who go to the movies are tweeting and facebooking live while in the theatre posting reviews and they spread like wildfire, if the USA get's the 5 first, the potential to spread negative reviews world wide will educated people in other countries to information you would not have if you are buying it at the same time.

You wait for the reviews, you miss out on stock...nice strategy, it's a bluff.

so in other words there are going to be 60 happy buyer's in oz or 60 buyer's that will be upset..
i still think this unit is too heavy at 16kgs...

i weighed my kl 4wd with wheels, 1/4 fuel, and some alloy hopups,and it has two 5b gearbox diff, + the third shaft as well for the second spur gear..alloy ebclosed carrier,ready to run with batt's etc just to compare the weight
and mine came in at 12.4 kgs..and its as big and wide as this unit.
so it will be very interesting to see how this goes against other lighter 4wd

flexsta
10-10-2011, 11:01 AM
I am now officially a LOSI SCTE owner, so i am not bashing the LOSI brand but i cannot see the 5 being commercially successful. When i had the Baja 5B SS, the weight of 10kgs and size is absolutely perfect for racing and fun. Even at the 10 - 12kgs range, the car is heavy so i cannot see how this over-sized monster can be anymore fun and nimble than a Baja 5B or 5SC.

All the teaser videos show the losi 5 being a lethargic, heavy, nose diving uncontrolled truck using slick video editing techniques to enhance the appearance of performance and handling.

Now it is clear why HPI released the 29cc version, it makes the LOSI 5 look underpowered, good move on HPI's front. I think LOSI crossed the line with the 5, it went into a terriraoty of too ambitious, too large and trying to play catchup on an established platform and they are trying to do via shock and awe by using size and hype to compensate.

The market will determine it's success or failure in the end.

towie964
10-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Not trying to put you down...but you owned a Baja for all of 5 minutes, so I am having trouble understanding where you have got your experience from.

I have been selling and working with Large scale for around 4 years, and involved in the hobby industry for most of my life, and I am still hesitant to critisize a model that I havent even seen in real life.

Surely the model should be allowed to be released and driven before it is condemned to death.

flexsta
10-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Not trying to put you down...but you owned a Baja for all of 5 minutes, so I am having trouble understanding where you have got your experience from.

No offense taken and fair point, RC is something i have been doing for over 20 years and have seen things come and go in that time. The problem i have is that in my professional day to day work, the world is not perceived from the perspective of the customer. I am involved in deliberate and calculated strategies to make the public believe and have certain perceptions on something which actually don't really exist. normally i can walk through the isle of Bunnings and Coles without cringing but when it involves my passion i get kicked in the @#[email protected]$.

rjgowrie
10-10-2011, 07:12 PM
So you're one of those "marketing" people then? :-)

Baja Dan
10-10-2011, 10:29 PM
i heard from a reliable source today, that the losi 1/5th is "crap", the balance is way off, and will be all but useless for any kind of racing, might be good for a basher though.

sperera
11-10-2011, 09:24 AM
jeez if that correct shows that the hype when this thing was first spoken about (with all the great reviews) mean bugger all.

i guess there's a few thats going to find out soon enough what the balance etc is like first hand

flexsta
11-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Reviews are subjective, you don't know who is connected to who and LOSI try their best to influence the market for a particular outcome. Forums on the other hand are ruthless and show no mercy, if something is good and your the company that provides that product hold onto your hat but, if you provide bad then you are taken down.

I love hearing the successes of DDM and all the great things they sell, they never would have achieved this status without the support of forums otherwise they would have been shot down long ago.

On another forum, a member was busted shooting down the BCE chassis for the SCTE as a LOSI affiliate. The person was making up things but the forum was too strong in favour of BCE chassis and he backed down tail between legs.

Despite hype, it's not Horizon Hobbies right to make the 5 a success, the success will only be determined by the market and market alone.

v8hatch
11-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Some new video......

http://yfrog.com/0sls3z

towie964
11-10-2011, 12:55 PM
jeez if that correct shows that the hype when this thing was first spoken about (with all the great reviews) mean bugger all.

i guess there's a few thats going to find out soon enough what the balance etc is like first hand

Come the end of next week, there will be 60 voices here in OZ that will be able to give first hand reviews of the Losi 5IVE T, personally, I have had a lot of success with the "T" platform, with that in mind, the steering feels a little heavy in the 1/8 8ight v2.0, I am guessing that it will be similar in the 1/5, and I am sure that the 1/10 Losi Ten and the Losi SCTE would be the same, being as they are all the same chassis and platform, and all 4wd.

I think the main difference will be size, if the 1/8 was a little slow to respond to steering input, the 1/5 would be the same only heavier because of the size difference.
Personally, I like heavy steering so the platform will probably suit my driving, while others that like their steering "Flightly" or what I refer to as loose, will more than likely be critical of it.

No matter what, I think the model deserves a fair hearing and only time will tell, there are sure to be knockers and that's ok, people have knocked and complained about every model at some point, I dont think I can think of one model that someone hasnt been rubbished at some point. I love the 1/5 platform in general, and as such will more than likely be more forgiving of a couple of little hiccups, where people not so in love with 1/5 scale will roast it as they have done with the Baja's for years.

I just hope everyone gives the new Losi a fair hearing, rather than jump on the hype wagon and bag it without first trying it, otherwise we are just going to have another Holden/Ford or Hpi/Traxxas fued.

sperera
11-10-2011, 03:07 PM
No matter what, I think the model deserves a fair hearing and only time will tell,

I just hope everyone gives the new Losi a fair hearing, rather than jump on the hype wagon and bag it without first trying it, otherwise we are just going to have another Holden/Ford or Hpi/Traxxas fued.

Certainly some valid points in there Towie. and in my defence I was responding to another members post, my comment regarding finding out first hand was ment to mean we will get actual production model feedback once owners get their hands on them.....

v8hatch
11-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Couple more

http://yfrog.com/jwhy5z

http://yfrog.com/n1jbbz

towie964
11-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Certainly some valid points in there Towie. and in my defence I was responding to another members post, my comment regarding finding out first hand was ment to mean we will get actual production model feedback once owners get their hands on them.....

Sorry Sperera, wasnt having a go at you...I have been seeing posts everywhere with people putting the Losi down, and can hardly contain myself...how could they possibly have an opinion...the truck isnt even in the market place yet, which means most of them are talking through their ass.....

Didnt mean for it to sound like I was having a shot at you.

Godles
11-10-2011, 08:57 PM
the vids look promising, this "Losi" engine sounds interesting did they do it themselves or rebrand a CY or zen?

BenV.2
11-10-2011, 09:53 PM
It's the same cy 26cc that's in the Baja I think.

Baja Dan
11-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Just to justify my post towie, the source that i referenced, works within the industry, and from what i believe has driven one

towie964
11-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Just to justify my post towie, the source that i referenced, works within the industry, and from what i believe has driven one

Dan, I am not saying that they are wrong, only that the information that has been conveyed to me so far is that only certain people have been granted access to the Losi, and are under strict no comment rules until the release date. It would be worth their job if they are part of the OMP group, to have made a comment about the Losi.
The Director of Horizon Hobby arrives here this week for the official release of the Losi, so the release is nearly here, and these will be rolling out the door.

Baja Dan
12-10-2011, 01:17 AM
I understand that towie, and by no means do i hope that the losi is a failure, quite the opposite, i think that there are a few things on the 5ive-T that are a first for the large scale industry, the three piece body for example. And whilst im sure that the aftermarket industry will intime correct any design flaws with the vehicle, it in its stock form appears to have issues. Hopefully, at least for your sake, i and my 'informant' are wrong, but as they say time will tell.

towie964
12-10-2011, 07:53 AM
I am in no way of the opinion that there wont be flaws, as I am sure there will be.

I liked the innovative idea of the multi-piece body, finally someone has put some thought into it and done something to reduce the cost of replacing broken bodies without spending stupid amounts, or throwing away a body because only the front or rear is damaged.

I also think the vented aluminium clutch holder being stock is a bonus, not needing to upgrade from stock right out of the box is again a bonus to my way of thinking.

The idea of a reasonably priced 4wd also grabbed my attention, with a stock Hpi 5SC costing between $1500~$1900 needing another few hundred spent to upgrade items that could be done as a standard item, it is refreshing to see TLR have also put a little thought into the areas that they know are likely to be upgraded and either made it stronger/better or left it alone for the consumer to work with, like the radio.

TLR have fitted a Telemetry receiver to make the unit BND, and left the choice of Radio to the purchaser, you can either dump the receiver and replace the entire unit with your own choice of radio or just Bind Up any one of several compatible Spektrum Radios, and you are able to choose from inexpensive right through to the top of the range.

Again, I am expecting there will be teething problems to some degree, and tuning of the suspension will need doing as well, I really am optimistic at this point, esspecially because of the success I have had with this same platform in smaller scales.

sperera
12-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Sorry Sperera, wasnt having a go at you...I have been seeing posts everywhere with people putting the Losi down, and can hardly contain myself...how could they possibly have an opinion...the truck isnt even in the market place yet, which means most of them are talking through their ass.....

Didnt mean for it to sound like I was having a shot at you.

All good mate, no stress ;)

in rod we trust
12-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Dan, I am not saying that they are wrong, only that the information that has been conveyed to me so far is that only certain people have been granted access to the Losi, and are under strict no comment rules until the release date. It would be worth their job if they are part of the OMP group, to have made a comment about the Losi.
The Director of Horizon Hobby arrives here this week for the official release of the Losi, so the release is nearly here, and these will be rolling out the door.

why would they gag peeps if they were any good what have they got to hide..
if there were glowing reports about this losi wouldn't it be in losi's favour to let them post up the glowing reports..so that to me is a worry.

i hate the 16kg they weigh with mud they are going to be very boggy..even the 2wd baja are boggy with mud on them..let alone this 16kg dry weight..

i hate how you have to buy another shell to paint it in your own style, right of the bat instead of releasing them with the unpainted shell.

we us peeps that own 4wd already from one make or the other are hanging to see how they compare with there 4wd..
should be very interesting..

Seano
12-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Lady at a LHS in Orlando rang Losi about the 5ive she ordered for me and was told that the reason the release date was put back was because of lack of spares.

waxen
12-10-2011, 03:54 PM
why would they gag peeps if they were any good what have they got to hide..
if there were glowing reports about this losi wouldn't it be in losi's favour to let them post up the glowing reports..so that to me is a worry.

i hate the 16kg they weigh with mud they are going to be very boggy..even the 2wd baja are boggy with mud on them..let alone this 16kg dry weight..

i hate how you have to buy another shell to paint it in your own style, right of the bat instead of releasing them with the unpainted shell.

we us peeps that own 4wd already from one make or the other are hanging to see how they compare with there 4wd..
should be very interesting..

Don't buy one then.
Whether you like it or not the Losi will be much like the Baja in that people will make it work because it's what people want.

RatsacK
12-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Who says they won't bring out a kit later on with a clear shell, and no motor/electrics?

in rod we trust
12-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Don't buy one then.
Whether you like it or not the Losi will be much like the Baja in that people will make it work because it's what people want.
i don,t plan to. too heavy for me at 16kgs..

losi 1/5 scale will never be like the baja...take 2 years before it can come close to all the customising that you can do to a baja,

and that's if the losi is any good...

xr8ute
12-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Jesus Ambro, you are kicking the ****e out the thing and you haven't even seen it.
I reckon your worried because it will smash your Kallee ...... Lmao

Speaking of which where is the Kallee, you should be in the 4x4 class ...

in rod we trust
12-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Jesus Ambro, you are kicking the ****e out the thing and you haven't even seen it.
I reckon your worried because it will smash your Kallee ...... Lmao

Speaking of which where is the Kallee, you should be in the 4x4 class ...

i'm going easy on it compared to some of the info that's trickling down about it.

just don,t like the weight and the already painted body..

the other features i like..

took the kl to the track yesterday to try some things out , so far its ok..
its going to be in the 4wd class this open day, hope the losi is there:thumb: just need a descent pipe to open it right up..

v8hatch
12-10-2011, 05:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2xakRFjMFk&feature=player_embedded

v8hatch
12-10-2011, 05:56 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/Torana77/Losi/IMG6763-X3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/Torana77/Losi/IMG6700-X3.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/Torana77/Losi/IMG6830-X3.jpg

v8hatch
12-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Looks like a BZM?
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/Torana77/Losi/smugshot3366973-X3.jpg