Australian RC Forums banner

Tiny's jumped tha fence and bought an elec boat!! Needs help...

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  matt_971 
#1 ·
Hey lads, thought i'd give the boats a go since i'm surrounded with lakes!!

Lotta houses around so i went brushless lipo.... I have to admit it's a twin prop apparation the same that hobby king sell but i bought it from Nambour toyworld so i'm not a full poof..

My question is when i connect the Lipo's the twin kv2881's just make a 3 tone beeping noise and i'm not sure on the water cooled esc's cause they are shrink wrapped..

Anyone have any idea's???

Batts are 2200 3s 25 and fully charged, came with sanwa 2.4 installed.. Shop has no idea as person who built them has gone on walk about..:confused:

#2 ·
Pretty sure the 3 beeps are your ESC's identifying that you have a 3 cell lipo.
My Brushless Truggy ESC beeps twice when i have a 2 cell in it and its a Hobbyking one.
Have a look on HK's website to see if you can find your type of ESC if indeed it is one.

Hope this helps

#3 ·
Tiny,

Nice buy.

My EKOS does a similar thing if i connect the esc which doesn't power up the receiver first. If i connect the other one up first it doesn't do it. I'll check it later today & confirm.

Also your packs. I use to run a similar pack in my EKOS & found it to be slow in the water. I changed to a a set of Turnigy 5000mah 3S 40 -50c & made a massive difference to the speed & performance of it. Another thing you may want to look at is the plugs.

#13 ·
Elec r fun but don't get the looks a big gas boat gets. I got a fast elec n 2 fast gas boats. The elec is prolly the fastest but there is just something about a strong 2 stroke on song lol.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.