Australian RC Forums banner

Info wanted please

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kakariki 
#1 ·
Hi All
I recently picked up a boat assortment at a garage sale and thought I would have a play although I'm a plane person.
I got two 36in mono hulls, a K&B 40 Sport Marine engine and a HP Hirtenberger 40 Gold Cup marine engine.
The HP is brand new in the box and has $150.00 on the box and I'm not sure how good they are and is it too good for me to use in a hack. Should I sell it and get another engine?
Also in the HP box was the part pictured, and I have no idea what it is, the brass fitting on the end takes an olive fitting, does anyone know?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't know what it is. Are you thinking of selling, or can you use the boat stuff?

#3 ·
re

I have since found out it is a gland seal for the drive shaft tube, cannot believe other didn't know that.
As for selling, that's why I posted to get info on what I had, but as there was no response, I'm sourcing all the parts to get the boats going and have a bit of a play.
Barry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.