Australian RC Forums banner

Monsters First Run

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  matt_971 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

Some may recognise this boat. Was for sale here from Euroglider and I bought it.

SOO the motor I posted about in the motor section was motor that come with this boat so after not being able to make it go, I pulled the RCMK motor outta my Cat and bolted it into the Monster hull.

Pretty straight forward swap and had it going within few hours. Didnt rev out as pipe header was to long for the tune I had at that time. But was just for testing.

The boat is setup to run a clutch so the CG of boat is set forward a bit. As I couldnt get a hold of a clutch I had to run motor back to much and as you will see bounces like well a lot lol.

BUT i just wanted to see how it handles etc compared to the Cat. And that is didnt sink lol.

VERY happy with the hull though. Sat well turned perfectly and sat well while conering. In straight line it bounced a lot but some playing around will fix that. Now I have the 260PUM motor running that will go in this hull and should still be a fun boat. More of a muck around boat this will be. The seducer cat is the speed machine hehe.

Anyways heres a vid of it running.

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok small update on this.

Got the clutch FINALLY for it and mounted motor back where it should be. Still playing around with centre of gravity of the hull but motor is in to stay now.

Still need to order another throttle linkage and setup a few bits n bobs but motor is running in boat and sounding nice and strong.

Just aquired another brushless boat.................... i know i can't help myself lol. So will hopefully get them wet very soon. Got a massive few weeks ahead of me though so might not be till after that.

#4 ·
yes that would be the missus. Not sure why she keeps trying to zoom in. But least i got some vid i supppose. She got a lil upset when I said about the vid could be better lol.

Will get some pics soon. Flat out with work atm. 7 days a week 10hr days make me not want to look at the shed lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.