Australian RC Forums banner

Looking at getting a Boat

4K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  matt_971 
#1 ·
Looking into getting my first RC boat, I want something like an offshore style that’s brushless and RTR around the $200 mark.

I live near a very big lake that only gets used by canoe’s so I have plenty of room.

Ok so where would be a good place to get a boat in my budget and what would be the best specs to look out for?

#2 ·
Had a quick look around and had a chat to mate who runs boats regularly with the ampba in Penrith and looks like your going to have to spend at least $300 for even a cheap brushless RTR boat.

CEN have one called the Grey thunder. Its a mono so it should run on your lake without problems but its $275 with no Batteries or charger. There are some brushless Hydros on ebay but i'm not sure of the quality.
Have a good look around the net and you might find something a little cheaper.

Good luck!

#5 ·
Try a secound hand Aquqcraft Supervee off eBay, will be a good start.

There is a great US site for heaps of upgrades as well.

A brought a coulpe of brushless mini boats for $300 that are very fast. (no batteries or receivers)

#6 ·
have to say the supervee 27 is a good choice. I got one and handles well and takes a bit of chop no problems. Resonably cheap now too. I picked mine off the forums for about 200 i think it was.

also they make a hatch for them with a bubble on it so if you roll it, it will roll back upright n keep driving. saves going out to get it lol

#10 ·
hobby king have cheap ass boats, duno how good they are tho

#11 ·
Mate check out Hobby King with the boats from the Aus Wharehouse. The Genesis or the Apparition cats are a good buy. These run well out of the box and are easy to upgrade later. I have run both boats the genesis will run all day at over 70mph and the Apparition has touched 85.6 mph. They are ton of fun and if you have the water start tearing it up.

A good place for info is www.offshoreelectrics.com in the forums.

Cheers
Andrew

#13 ·
Mate check out Hobby King with the boats from the Aus Wharehouse. The Genesis or the Apparition cats are a good buy. These run well out of the box and are easy to upgrade later. I have run both boats the genesis will run all day at over 70mph and the Apparition has touched 85.6 mph. They are ton of fun and if you have the water start tearing it up.

A good place for info is www.offshoreelectrics.com in the forums.

Did i read correct MPH!!!!!!!!! come bud thats gotta be a typo, 70 k's on water is insane!!
Cheers

#12 ·
I have had a Genesis on order from Hobby King for around two months. They do not know when they will be in stock again. They say they have contacted their supplier and they are unable to tell them.

Does anyone know who the actual manufacturer is? To you guys who have one, is there any manufacturers name or info on the instructions. I was going to try and contact them direct to find out what the story was regarding the delay.

#14 ·
apparently tiny the genesis is good for 130k's out of the box as is according to the HK staff down here at taren point.... was gona buy one, $400 with radio, upgraded ESC and 2 sets of batteries and servo and charger...... bloody steal if you ask me

#15 · (Edited)
#17 ·
I had a SV27 and foudn it to be quite stable. Had some extra weight up the front n it was pretty quick for a small boat. Only reaosn i got sold it was I needed to make some room lol. Otherwise would of kept it.

Also Tiny I have clocked my gas boat at 85kmh and that was with severly bent prop n rudder.

I will chuck some pics of the prop up one day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.