: VOLS - Victorian Offroad Large Scale



sperera
16-02-2011, 08:54 AM
For those here than dont know a new large scale club is forming here in Victoria.

The first meeting is schedueled for this Satuday (19/02/2011), if the weather is nice there will be a bash and some fun cone racing, if weather is bad meeting will be held at my place to keep us out of the weather.

If anyone here is interesting in being apart of this club or racing in the future please let me know and I will PM you my address.

Thanks

Sohan

AUSRC
16-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Hey mate,

Let me know if you need a members area.

Cheers,
Chris.

sperera
16-02-2011, 02:52 PM
thanks chris.

the club is a definete go, first meeting is to inform us of track location, member fees etc, so if we could start that area it would be great.

thanks again

Sohan

v8hatch
16-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Awesome Sohan what time on saturday?

rasigs
16-02-2011, 07:24 PM
the start time was advertised as 10 at carrum mate

LeethalLee
16-02-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm out .......... got to work .......... shattered. Please post up details as soon as they become available?

v8hatch
16-02-2011, 08:15 PM
the start time was advertised as 10 at carrum mate

Thanks Bruce i didn't see it.

rasigs
16-02-2011, 08:58 PM
all good mate

matt_971
16-02-2011, 09:25 PM
mmmm I wonder if I caqn sqeeze this in. Meant to head up to mums to help on the farm this weekend. But I might be able to make it a bit late lol.

AUSRC
16-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi guys,

I have created the VOLS area and moved this post into it.

Once you have some structure, with members etc, let me know and we can setup the secure members area.

Cheers,
Chris.

rasigs
16-02-2011, 09:40 PM
thanks ausrc the commtee will be desided on sat more info will come from that etc

main_event
16-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Good to see another LS club forming in Aus!

wobblygts
16-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Kewl :cool:

sperera
17-02-2011, 10:18 AM
OK to clarifiy further if not raining meet up will be at carrum, Colemans rd. Just follow the noise :D

If raining meeting will be held at my house, either in my garage on back patio, for those that are interested in racing and being a member please come, regardless of weather, we need all ths upport we can get to help as get off the ground.

I will post my home address here tommorow if the weather isnt looking good for Saturday.

Hope to see you there.

LeethalLee
17-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Hey Sohan, I won't be there due to work, but you can forward my name for a membership.
I spoke to Kris at DPS the other night and he is willing to help us out any way he can!!! I hope it all goes well, let me know what happens and how it goes. Cheers Lee.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sperera
17-02-2011, 12:51 PM
no worries Lee, ill put your name in and fill you in on what you will miss, except the bash ofcourse :D

LeethalLee
17-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Maybe Stu will take that flash new camera along.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5Tom
17-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Good to see a new club getting together! I heard a fair bit of talk about a club forming last year but wasn't sure if it was a Go'er. Glad your moving forward.

With Kris's support, you'll get some good coverage :)

bazbert
17-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Awesome to see this happening mate, I dunno if you remember me but I got your number bout a year ago planned to have a bash at Hampton part but never happened haha. I've wanted a large scale lately but the funds just aren't there, hopefully in the near future haha.

All the best with the club guys, I'll have to come have a watch at one of your bash's some time!! Have fun!!

Cheers Ryan.

rasigs
17-02-2011, 04:30 PM
u dont neassary have to have a 1/5 to be a member of the club there will other areas which at some stage we will need help etc so its all about support for 1/5 scale

bazbert
17-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Yeah I'm up for giving you guys a hand, just got a new slr camera and learning the whole photography thing so might be able to take a few action shots haha.

I'd come have a bash with my nitro buggy but I think I might upset some people flogging everyone with a 1/8th haha.

Keep me informed guys.

Cheers Ryan.

sperera
18-02-2011, 10:36 AM
excelent point bruce, you dont need to be a large scaler to be involved, be apart of it and if you get one down the line excellent, join up and we already know you so will be sweat.

ok fellas here's my address for those attending, reminder that it will only be held at my place if its raining, check this area in the morining before leaving.

16 William Perry Close Endeavour Hills.

Easiest way regardless of where you coming from is prolly the monash fwy, exit heatherton rd, turn right onto james cook drive and im off that.

If you get lost feel free to call me on 0420901300.
looking foward to it fellas.

matt_971
19-02-2011, 06:27 AM
So whats going on with today. We meeting at your place sperera or out and about. Hoping I can make it. Still not 100%. Depends how long I take to wake up and pack the car lol

rasigs
19-02-2011, 07:29 AM
at carrum mate unless its pouring down

matt_971
19-02-2011, 07:35 AM
kool well i am planning on coming but will have to bring the brushless savage. Baja is outta action still atm.


Cheers
Matt

Rels_au
19-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Defo at carrum, 10am...

matt_971
19-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Defo at carrum, 10am...

On me way. Will be late but coming. About 1 hr away

Sandman77
19-02-2011, 07:25 PM
How'd the day go?

rasigs
19-02-2011, 10:05 PM
well to answer some questions for u
president is = rems rc dean
vice president is gasman jason
sec is sperera = sohan
tres is rasigs = bruce
committee member is matt_971 = matt
committee member is landmax = matt


that is the committee as it is till the next agm is called
im sure now the club will be onward and upward we still need your support and help in makeing this club better
for all people to enjoy the hobby the more members we have the better we can do things

cheers bruce

Sandman77
19-02-2011, 10:11 PM
So I'm guessing the club will be based down carrum area?

rasigs
19-02-2011, 10:25 PM
no thats just one of the spots we bash at as some of the commtee live either side of the city gen month meeting there would be 6 meetings eastern side 6 western side so its fair on all who would have to travel for meeting plus also letting folks who live either side of the bridge to attend meeting if so desired so basicly 1 meet nth 1 meet west this is alo to be discussed at the first meeting as well which im sure all will be advised about locations all that

matt_971
20-02-2011, 07:41 PM
I was the other plain old board member along with the other Matt. Not sure on his forum name etc.

Really looking forward to this also. I really hope everything goes to plan but I guess more on that soon.


Cheers
Matt

rasigs
20-02-2011, 10:45 PM
no such thing as a plain old board member you guys are just as important to the club as any commtee member im just a shocker for rembering names sorry

matt_971
21-02-2011, 05:17 AM
ahh don't worry BRUCE lol. I am terrible at names also. I had to look above for your name. Will take me a little bit but I will remember everyone eventually.

I had some ideas about track design, I might bring up via email when we have land signed n sealed to build on.

So heres to VOLS. Bring on the future.

sperera
21-02-2011, 10:45 AM
very happy with the first meet, dean and jason have put allot of work into this and it shows. club is fully registered.

next step is to put a proposal together to some councils and take it from there. the committe will now work on this.

lee I couldnt put your name foward im sorry. certain details were required that I could not provide but dont worry, once I get some details ill pm you some info and we can do your registration online.

ill be in touch.

Thanks

Sohan

LeethalLee
21-02-2011, 11:36 AM
very happy with the first meet, dean and jason have put allot of work into this and it shows. club is fully registered.

next step is to put a proposal together to some councils and take it from there. the committe will now work on this.

lee I couldnt put your name foward im sorry. certain details were required that I could not provide but dont worry, once I get some details ill pm you some info and we can do your registration online.

ill be in touch.

Thanks

Sohan

All good Sohan, thanks anyway mate.

Hopefully work wont get in the way of the next meeting!!!

What kind of numbers showed up on the day, cars, drivers, potential members?

Exciting times mate, keep up the good work.

sperera
21-02-2011, 01:36 PM
i havent had all the figures sent to me, at a guess I would say 15-20 people on the day, 10 members paid on the spot (or at least a deposit).

as for numbers we dont expect them to get large until the track location is confirmed and building starts, as the saying goes "if you build it they will come".

I know of at least 10 members not on the forum that are itching to join, just couldnt make it on the day.

as for cars I had both my FG's there. plenty of baja's and clones, few 5t's, had jason's 5t with the 62cc in it. steve's home made brushless job that clocked 74km/h! dean's 5t with two speed hit the same speed which was amazing. thats about it, MCD's were a no show.

Closest single speed was jasons 5t which hit 68km/h

LeethalLee
21-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Thanks mate, sounds like I missed a good day. How much is a membership?

sperera
21-02-2011, 03:39 PM
i dont have the litreature on me but to sum it up there's a once off admin fee of $25 and an annual membership fee of $100.

if you compare this against other clubs you will relaise how cheap this is. when you also consider that this will include the funding of a new track (location to be confirmed), insurance coverage and track maintence its an absoltue steal.

dean and jason have done allot of work getting things to where they are now, now its up to the rest of the club to pitch in and keep things moving ;)

LeethalLee
21-02-2011, 05:10 PM
......... once I get some details ill pm you some info and we can do your registration online.

That would be great thanks Sohan.

landmax
21-02-2011, 06:23 PM
And I'm the "other Mat", (Had no car on Saturday due to injured hand).
Deviation of subject - but can anyone recommend the best hydraulic front brake for a Hpi?

I was the other plain old board member along with the other Matt. Not sure on his forum name etc.

Really looking forward to this also. I really hope everything goes to plan but I guess more on that soon.


Cheers
Matt

bennyd
21-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Deviation of subject - but can anyone recommend the best hydraulic front brake for a Hpi?

If you can afford them mate, Mecatech are the best available IMO.

Sandman77
21-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Rasigs, nice avatar:thumb:have you got a bigger pic of the logo?

rasigs
21-02-2011, 09:14 PM
http://www.vols.org.au the site isnt up yet but the logo is there sandman77

i have fixed up the commtee post sorry to the matts cheers bruce

Sandman77
21-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Thats a great logo, well done to whoever did it:)

matt_971
21-02-2011, 09:21 PM
The matts ehh. I reckon that might stick.

The logo is great. I do like it a lot. Have to get some stickers made up i reckon. Might ask a mate who I think has a sticker cutter might be able to make something up.

Maybe a flag for State of Origin challenge (one day in the future....) so we can wave it at those "other" ppl up north lol

rasigs
22-02-2011, 04:15 AM
sounds good to me

sperera
22-02-2011, 10:07 AM
+1 excellent av, so good infact im going to have to do the same :D

so who's free this sat? looks like perfect weather!

rasigs
26-02-2011, 11:25 AM
be right saw this late in the day lol serves me right for not looking earlier lol

sperera
28-02-2011, 01:34 PM
those interested in becoming a member or just want a little more info please send me a PM with your email address, ill send you out some info.

rockylizaed
09-03-2011, 04:33 AM
hey guys,
just wondering when the next meet/bash is on so i can put it on the calendar so my family don't plan some thing for that day

cheers,
Ben.

sperera
09-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi Ben,

The next meet up is yet to be confirmed. Myself or Bruce will post here when confirmed.

Stay tuned!

Thanks

Sohan

rockylizaed
09-03-2011, 12:49 PM
ok cheers

ill be staying tuned :)

ben.

sperera
09-03-2011, 03:52 PM
check your email :D

rockylizaed
10-03-2011, 04:36 AM
thanks for the form :) will hand it in and the cash at the next meet/bash session that ok with yous?

rasigs
10-03-2011, 08:42 AM
no problem there ben

C4PRCE
17-04-2011, 08:15 AM
hows the club going guys any more progress?

matt_971
17-04-2011, 10:34 AM
its coming along nicely. Slowy but these things always take time. At this stage we are waiting to hear back from another comittee about using some land of theirs so at present the ball is in their court. Can't rush them or they may just say bugger off.

But the news will spread QUICK when we get a yes or no. Their are other things in the works at present but same deal there.


Cheers
Matt

matt_971
07-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Dean has asked if anyone lives in the Wydham City Coucil region to post up a comment. If you can do it on Ozlargescale coz I dont think he visits here.

But if you reply here I can pass it on. There is also a small update on progress regarding a track etc on Ozlarge.

Hopefully things will be moving ahead soon

sperera
01-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Hello fellow RC enthusiasts,

Recently all committee members of VOLS held a meeting to discuss recent events in the progress of our club and the future actions required to ‘take the next step’ so to speak.

A large number of different issues were discussed and we on the committee are confident we are heading the right direction, there are some exciting times for us Victorian large scalers in the near future.

The previously vacant role of Vice President, held by the now deceased Jason Clark, has been filled by Matthew Harley.

I would also like to inform, due to ongoing insurance issues, we were not able to organize the ‘fun’ events previously discussed at our initial meeting held at Carrum some time ago.

I look forward to updating all interested in future updates as the become available.

xr8ute
01-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Sperera,

If you are facing insurance issues I can put you onto the person who takes care of ours at the SSME.
He is very experienced and has looked after our club for the last 15 years.
Let me know if you want his details.

Regards
Dean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sperera
01-07-2011, 12:13 PM
that would be absolutley fantastic Dean, we can certainly use all the help we can get at the moment, please pass them on when possible and I will pass them onto the rest of the committee who can action accordingly.

thanks again

yesage
07-08-2012, 10:17 PM
hi sohan , just like to ask what is happening with vols , i joined up to ausrc hoping to bash with u guys but nothing has happened for a while . is it possible to organise an informal get together like you used to ?

matt_971
08-08-2012, 06:25 AM
lots has happened but just not what we want atm Yesage.

The guys do get together for a bash now n then, best to keep an eye on the victorian bash thread.

We are hoping for progress soon. We hit a bit of a brick wall in the recent months with the council but hoping for some other progress soon.

yesage
08-08-2012, 09:36 PM
thanks matt , will keep an eye open .the weather needs to get a lot better anyway . simon .:smow: