Australian RC Forums banner

sail boat help needed

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  coolmobility 
#1 ·
Im new to the r/c world and I am purchasing a r/c car.I dont know to much about the r/c thing.My brother wants to purchase a sail boat from hobbyking.The boat requires a : (2ch)radio system and a receiver battery.
What would you guys/girls recommend to be suitable without going to expensive, basically after something that would be good enough to do the job.Hope this makes sense.here is the link to the boat Thanks.http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=15428

#2 ·
#4 ·
There was a time when 2.4ghz wasn't recommended for boats but I think this has changed a bit. I would just pick up a secondhand futaba or similar 29mhz am unit. Oh yeah and don't skimp on the rx battery too, coz it will be the only thing stopping your sailboat from drifting away :rofl:

#5 · (Edited)
Nice pick up Wobbly.

I think 2.4ghz use to be a problem but there are many RC Boats that come RTR with a 2.4ghz system now.

This is a hand laid F/G 1.2M yacht hull I had. I never took any pictures of it finished or sailing. It was a real gem and I'm sure you will enjoy yours.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.