: SSME - Large Scale Off Road Sections affiliation with AARCMCC

xr8ute
29-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Hello everyone,

I have some fantastic news to fill you all in on, as you all know the Sydney Society of Model Engineers is the home of the 1st Fully operating Large Scale off Road track in Australia.

We have the whole box and dice, 250m long race track that is fully compliant with current European rules, we have a drivers stand that has disabled access and we have the AMB timing system installed and operating.

I want to let everyone know that I have been very busy and we are now the First Large Scale off road club in Australia to become registered with the Association of Australian Radio Controlled Model Car Clubs, AARCMCC for short!
This means we are the only sanctioned club that can run a state title or Australian title for the Large scale off road category, we have the means and the facility and we are busy getting all the rules written for each category.

We are basing our rules on the current EFRA rules as they are the only association at this stage that recognize the large scale off road, the rest of the world is getting on board soon and we are going to be leading the charge here in Australia.

The rules will be available through the AAAMRCC site soon and we would encourage the other large scale clubs to get on board as they get their facilities in order and compliant, we are very excited about the prospect of State titles and ultimately in time and Australian Title.

It would be fantastic to have some international competitions in the future just like the 1/5th on road boys do.

The AARCMCC website will be updated with the new section and our clubs details within the next week we expect and the SSME website has the large scale contact information on there as well.

www.aarcmcc.org (http://www.aarcmcc.org/)

www.ssme.org.au

[email protected]

Thanks for reading and we hope to see you at the Model Park soon,

Cheers
Dean

5Tom
29-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Congrats.

I do believe QORLS is also affiliated with AARCMCC and also been looking at the EFRA and IFMAR rules. We have found all Australian RC racing fall under IFMAR (1:10, 1:8 EP and IC, onroad and offroad and 1:5/1:6 onroad). There is quite a grey area for 1:5/1:6 offroad and we have been doing some research as well.

Track setup, pits setup, Multiple PA systems, back-up lap timing equipment, sheltered drivers stand and pits, enough space per person under covered pits, bench space, ect. I do believe it will take far more time and money before it's EFRA and/or IFMAR approved to run such titles.

We would like to see what type of rules you guys come up with before they are submitted to the AARCMCC. More input, the better, considering if all clubs around Australia are running in uniform, it would be best for clubs to see a revised copy and submit some feedback.

Best of luck for the future, QORLS has already been doing our research and would like to discuss things further.

xr8ute
30-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Tom,

I am aware that you have spoken to Doug from the large scale section, he is the on road man not the off road and they don't have an off road track as yet.
We are paid up and affiliated with AARCMCC and have rules to submit within a week, I have been dealing with the President and I'm sure he would have informed me if there where other clubs affiliated as there would already be the Large scale off road section in place and your club would be under the affiliated clubs list.

I'm more than happy to send you our draft rules when we are happy with them, they won't differ to much from the European version the version we submit will be open for discussion and when there are rule changes through AARCMCC all affiliated clubs get a vote for the outcome.
IMFAR at this stage don't recognize the large scale off road, EFRA do so we have run with there rules as a base as the IMFAR version is massive and more elaborate than what we may need to start with.

As for backup timing systems and pa etc we have that covered,

xr8ute
30-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Currently there are 5 large scale clubs affiliated with AARCMCC and they are all on road, AARCMCC is the only internationally recognized Australian body and we are creating our own situation here albeit to be inline with the rest of the world but I can see the big picture and believe me we have it covered at our end.

As good as our facility is we have some major plans and improvements in store for this year so all I can say is watch this space things may take a couple of more months but there is plenty happening !!

spiralink
30-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Hello everyone,

I have some fantastic news to fill you all in on, as you all know the Sydney Society of Model Engineers is the home of the 1st Fully operating Large Scale off Road track in Australia.

We have the whole box and dice, 250m long race track that is fully compliant with current European rules, we have a drivers stand that has disabled access and we have the AMB timing system installed and operating.

I want to let everyone know that I have been very busy and we are now the First Large Scale off road club in Australia to become registered with the Association of Australian Radio Controlled Model Car Clubs, AARCMCC for short!
This means we are the only sanctioned club that can run a state title or Australian title for the Large scale off road category, we have the means and the facility and we are busy getting all the rules written for each category.

We are basing our rules on the current EFRA rules as they are the only association at this stage that recognize the large scale off road, the rest of the world is getting on board soon and we are going to be leading the charge here in Australia.

The rules will be available through the AAAMRCC site soon and we would encourage the other large scale clubs to get on board as they get their facilities in order and compliant, we are very excited about the prospect of State titles and ultimately in time and Australian Title.

It would be fantastic to have some international competitions in the future just like the 1/5th on road boys do.

The AARCMCC website will be updated with the new section and our clubs details within the next week we expect and the SSME website has the large scale contact information on there as well.

www.aarcmcc.org (http://www.aarcmcc.org/)

www.ssme.org (http://www.ssme.org/)

[email protected]

Thanks for reading and we hope to see you at the Model Park soon,

Cheers
Dean

Well done Deano/Sols without people like yourselves 1/5 scale offroad in Australia at a Professional level would never get off the ground

Excellent Effort!!!

5Tom
30-01-2011, 07:30 AM
That's correct dean, spoken with Doug and john Hammond. We downloaded the EFRA rules as well as the IFMAR rules and looking at both to extract into our category.

Keep us updated how your facility goes, we'll be undergoing some improvements too this year at Belmont. Sounds like an exiting 2011 for LS off road :-)

leebrushless
30-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Dean, your ssme link http://www.ssme.org/ doesn't work. Leigh

xr8ute
30-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Cheers boys, sorry Leigh I'll sort it out tonite or if one of the mods wants to correct it for me, at the track racing !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billybob
30-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Way to go it can only get better from here on in.

xr8ute
30-01-2011, 07:51 PM
SSME link is fixed ....

Well just an update on today's events, we where lucky enough to have the company of the
AARCMCC President and Secretary at our Open Day today, they spent most of the day with us filling us in on a lot of information, we did the same as far as they where concerned and it all forward positive action.

They like us are very excited about our affiliation and for the fact that we can run State and Australian titles, we are not ready to do that just yet but we will be soon enough.

The AARCMCC website will be updated over the course of this week hopefully and rules and classes will be added soon enough.

I will keep you all updated as things progress but it's all good so far.

Cheers

Dean

main_event
30-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Sounds like you've been doing some hard yards behind the scenes mate.

Good to see we are now affiliated with AARCMCC.

xr8ute
30-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks Julz ...... are we going to be graced with your competitive juices this year mate?

I would love another chance to beat you by 1 point again ....lmao

main_event
30-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Lol - that was a once off only. I knew how hard you had worked on getting the track up and running I thought it only fair to let you get a placing.

I will be in attendance for all events this year. I need to get the Baja back up and running again - she needs some serious front end work but don't have the cash for it yet which is why I missed today.

xr8ute
30-01-2011, 08:28 PM
What a guy you are .... Lol
Well I guess we will see how the racing pans out, it will be good to get back on the track again ... 

main_event
30-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Can't wait to start the Baja up again. I have not touched it since the last day at the track in 2010. It has not been started or even been off the floor since then.

But time to dust of the cobwebs

xr8ute
10-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Just a quick update for this thread, I have submitted a set of draft rules and procedures to AARCMCC and they
are very happy with them, I'm still working on classes and a few more rules.

They should be ready for public viewing in a week or two

Cheers

Dean

Baja Widow
12-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Well done.......look forward to getting back out there for some racing.:thumb:

xr8ute
19-02-2011, 09:53 PM
I have done the rules and specifications and the forum won't let me upload them as a pdf as they are to big!

Bugger.....

BeatsMe
20-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Dean, If you need somewhere to host the file i can help, you just need to send me the pdf via email. PM me if required.
Franco.

xr8ute
20-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks Franco, it goes from 68mb as a word doc to over 200mb as a PDF.
Ausrc only allows 97mb at a time, pm me you email please mate

xr8ute
20-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Okay here's the link to the rules written so far. they have been rewritten from scratch using the EFRA rules as a guide line.

http://www.users.on.net/~kevonnie/ausrc_ssme/Large_Scale_rules_offroad_Master_v1.pdf (http://www.users.on.net/%7Ekevonnie/ausrc_ssme/Large_Scale_rules_offroad_Master_v1.pdf)

Cheers

Dean

Godles
20-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Are we all required to sign and hand the new rules in or is it a given that we have agreed to abide by all rules and future changes from our original forms?

xr8ute
20-02-2011, 05:05 PM
It's a given, these rules don't change whats expected of you as a member of the SSME these are the rules for our racing and classes.

Please note this draft has been critiqued by the AARCMCC committee and they are very happy with them also.

tiny
20-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Very thorough.... So does that mean we have to comply with these rules this sunday or only when running aaaaaaaarrrrcccmmmccccxyz events????

Need to know cause i will need to order a few parts and shipping may be an issue with 1 weeks notice..

Cheers

xr8ute
20-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Yes we will be running to these rules from now on, I'm curious though mate; your car is clearly in the modified class so what have you got in mind... Lol

tiny
20-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Yes we will be running to these rules from now on, I'm curious though mate; your car is clearly in the modified class so what have you got in mind... Lol

No nothing major, just thinking the end bleed will be too loud.. ( maybe the victory's too )... I really don't wanna get rid of that pipe though unless it is a deadset must on going away trips...

Will i need an extenal kill switch as the body is lifted and easy access to switch for marshal if my 4pk fails (never) and i cant shut it remotely..

One question, external swith could be an issue if there is a little bingle.........

xr8ute
20-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Do you have access through the rear if the shell like my 5t...
As for your exhaust we don't have noise restrictions at our club( no to contradict the rule) but in time it will be good if all cars comply.
I don't honestly know the reading of my car, I do have a noise meter and I will test a few cars next week to reference it.

xr8ute
20-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Access for the switch of course

tiny
20-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Access for the switch of course

Yeah gotcha, you can easily hit the fan cover red button but it isn't blatenly obvious to a newbie......

There are no side body mounts so it is very easy if you know te b T engine position, no exhaust or moving parts so no risk..............BUT

i'll bring a hole saw if it is too hard and drill out the passenger window if need be.. :thumb:

xr8ute
20-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Mate that's sweet, anyone with a full body can easily put a red triangle sticker on it indicating the switch location for those not aware.

Baja Dan
20-02-2011, 07:01 PM
bugger, looks like i'll be running the modified class. i think i would have qualified for stock if it were not for the extenders....

Godles
20-02-2011, 07:45 PM
bugger, looks like i'll be running the modified class. i think i would have qualified for stock if it were not for the extenders....

Didn't I read that extenders are fine in the stock class? As long as they are let's sat vertigo or darksoul and only for more track stability. Ours have bits and pieces but should still be in the stock class as we would get cleaned up in any other class.

Baja Dan
20-02-2011, 07:47 PM
i'll have to re-read it, but im sure it said no extenders in stock class

Godles
20-02-2011, 07:51 PM
i'll have to re-read it, but im sure it said no extenders in stock class

Thanks Dan, I must have read it from a draft or wrong section. Looks like I will have to order some new Axels for both of ours to go back to stock class.

tiny
20-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Guy's what we are trying to do is become internationally recognised.. We were once a bunch of bloke's with a mower some spray cans and string line... Not to mention top hot dogs..(cheers billy)

Now we have come full circle and need to be a bit more black and white.. Grey lines cause dissputes..

No one likes spending money to go backwards so you have a choice... Go open or numb it a tad and be competitive in stock....

Your only talking extenders, most of us would need another car bud......lol

Let the games begin, see you all sunday.....................

stephoon
20-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Damn! Double Damn! So theres no way that my T, with all CF chassis and after market this and that will pass for stock!. (Deanno, can i slip you a couple of bobs and maybe some of Billy's van slice to pass as stock? ;)

tiny
20-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Damn! Double Damn! So theres no way that my T, with all CF chassis and after market this and that will pass for stock!. (Deanno, can i slip you a couple of bobs and maybe some of Billy's van slice to pass as stock? ;)

Gotta love tha slice! you might have a window there steph.... lol

Baja Dan
20-02-2011, 08:20 PM
im thinking i probably will, my b has full tr plates, tr gears, ds axel extenders, phatdad bones, ds cups, rpm ams, craftwerks ti layshaft, hd gears, killer rc straps, tr shockmounts, hostile hubs, nd probably more that i cannot think of. i also havent changed the 29cc engine with the cpi bb out yet.

ummm, im not confident it qualifies as stock anymore....

xr8ute
20-02-2011, 08:22 PM
Steph seriously bro there's no way in hell your a stock driver, you have more than enough ability and experience to beat anyone in the country, you are modified 2wd without question.

As for the questions regarding stock, it is what it us, it's designed to be the cheapest form of 1/5th competitive racing available ..... Just like the stock can tamiya class everything has to start somewhere .... Godles as for hubs mate just use your originals or ask around if you don't have them I'm sure the modified boys will be happy to pass some on.

As for ready that extenders where allowed well that was in the draft version, it's not now.... The first draft was like tiny said... Very grey!
Black and white is it from now on..

xr8ute
20-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Dan mate no offense pal but you gotta join the club first bro.... Lol

Baja Dan
20-02-2011, 08:29 PM
yeah i know, i still will, i just wanted to know which class my buggy gets me into, so i can practise and get the driving skiils up. thats all.

stephoon
20-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the kind words Deanno but after last years last meet, i remember that my T has no match for the B's like yours and def not against the Euoropean one ;) But all my attention will be on the 4WD section and to please my new sponsor. I'll be in there with the T just for fun. Cant wait for the open day!

xr8ute
20-02-2011, 08:56 PM
You where just cruising mate I was watching ... Lol

Who's the new sponsor?

I have one too ....... Lol

I have just realized I have the wheel and tire size incorrect for the 4wd class, this will be updated.

BeatsMe
21-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I have just realized I have the wheel and tire size incorrect for the 4wd class, this will be updated.

Dean, I've just been having a read of of the 4wd section and just wanted to let you know that the stock MCD Race Runner V4 tires are 180mm x 65mm and from my understanding the stock fuel tank on this model is 800ml (cc).
I know it wont be a problem but just thought i would give you the correct info regarding the MCD V4's so that it does not become a problem at a later date.
Franco.

xr8ute
21-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Dean, I've just been having a read of of the 4wd section and just wanted to let you know that the stock MCD Race Runner V4 tires are 180mm x 65mm and from my understanding the stock fuel tank on this model is 800ml (cc).
I know it wont be a problem but just thought i would give you the correct info regarding the MCD V4's so that it does not become a problem at a later date.
Franco.

Franco mate thank you I have been searching for that info so i can make the changes....good stuff mate.
whats the track width of the MCD and the wheel base as well please

xr8ute
22-02-2011, 07:36 AM
I would just like to state that the rules that have been posted are the first draft they are not 100% perfect yet.
I do realize there are wheel and tire discrepancies for all classes at this point.
A bit more clarification is needed through out the document but with everyones patience and constructive input I will fine tune it completely.
All feedback has been appreciated and my master draft is being adjusted accordingly.

I thank you all for patience and input.

Cheers

Dean

BeatsMe
22-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Franco mate thank you I have been searching for that info so i can make the changes....good stuff mate.
whats the track width of the MCD and the wheel base as well please

I'll get back to you about this tonight after work.

Dudez
22-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Congrats with the sponsorships Deano ... you're well deserved it!

xr8ute
22-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Cheers Duddy ...

A revised set of rules will hopefully be posted tonight, some major alterations for better.

xr8ute
23-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Okay here is the revised version taking in to account a number of things.
First thing you will see is the extra class, have a read of all the classes they have been revised and improved to accommodate everyone.

If and when the day comes that we host or compete in an international event, the 1/5th international spec class and of course the 1/6th would be the most likely scenario I believe.

Engine specifications for both Outlaw 2wd and 4wd have been altered to meet popular demand and justifiably so.

Like I said from the beginning this is not an easy task writing this document, I hope it us well received and I am always open to suggestions via the pm system.

http://www.users.on.net/~kevonnie/ausrc_ssme/Large%20Scale%20rules%20offroad%20Master%20-%20v2.pdf

Cheers
Dean

A very big thank you to Big Kev for hosting this document for me and being a good listener ..... 

eXraycer
24-02-2011, 06:28 PM
That's good work Dean. Looks like you've done a tonne of work. It is clear that outlaw 1/5 2wd and modifed 1/5 26cc 2wd and 1/6th modified will be competing for numbers and likely will be lumped together at club level as we have always done due to attendance levels but at national competition levels say for Aussie nats or State titles we may have to decide which class to run so as to have an acceptable number of competitors all racing "apples for apples." It does happen on occassion in other scales that they scrap a class at the last minute due to lack of nominations. So it may or may not be possible to run all those classes at a Nationals comp and people should consider that when they decide on a new engine for the cars. i don't really know which is going to be the popular choice as I don't have a crystal ball. Ideally there are heaps of competitors and we can accomodate a class for everyone but if we had to decide on one or the other I personally would like to see 2wd modifieds and outlaws grouped into a 26cc modified class on a national competion level with a maximum of 26cc only. My reasoning is that even Outlaw has to have a cap on capacity at some point or it will turn into a freak show. Modified and Outlaw are in effect variations of the same class so we may as well pick one class and run with that at Nationals.

xr8ute
24-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Poalo,

Cheers mate, and I completely agree with you regard apples for apples re state or national titles.
Club racing is one thing and completely up to the clubs on what they want to run, I do feel the same way though regarding competition.

Dean

postbox
18-04-2011, 12:08 AM
hey Guys , will you be looking at running the 1/10 scale at any point ?
Your track is in the perfect position for RC enthusiasts around the area to get involved in.

I live about 2 kms from the Range and only found out about the track.

Thanks

Mr.Leopard
18-04-2011, 06:20 AM
dont think so champ, some of the guys up there run their little nitros and blitz's n crap at the end of the day though

tiny
18-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Your track is in the perfect position for RC enthusiasts around the area to get involved in.

Thanks

Yeah bring it out, we just built a new dam... Suit that crap perfectly

xr8ute
18-04-2011, 08:14 AM

Thanks

Mate thanks for your inquiry, as some of the guys have so politely pointed out we are a 1/5th scale facility only.

There used to be a 1/8th nitro track at the model park but it didn't have the supporters to keep it going.

I hope you find somewhere to run.

Cheers
Dean