Australian RC Forums banner

Losi 8Te 2.0 Electric Truggy

27K views 142 replies 18 participants last post by  snap off racing 
#1 ·
I plan on racing this in 2011 at PHDR.
Losi 8T 2.0, LOSA0912 electric conversion kit, MMM 2200kv, Hitec 5955TG
I used the losi kit coz i knew it all just bolts together easily which it did:) the kit supplies everything required except electrics.
Used the supplied plastic 45T as the steel spurs require the chassis to be modified slightly and I dont have any hardened pinions.
Truck at present is stock race roller set up except center diff I filled with 15000wt when fitting the spur.
Gearing has 15t pinion and 45t spur, kit supplies 15 and 16 pinions which are a bit overgeared for the 2200kv for off road racing IMO.
The Traxxas MMM mount even works well without modification
Just need a new body with no nitro holes in it.

Before
Bumper Rectangle Automotive exterior Gas Auto part
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

After
Bumper Gun accessory Auto part Automotive exterior Air gun
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

See less See more
#4 ·
Ahhh, thats where the motor for your nitro Revo came from. LOL. Looks very neat man. I like the truggies. There is more room on them for the elecs. I like my RC8Be but the battery compartment is very cramped. With a truggy there seems to be more room for everything. Whats the length of your battery tray (roughly)? I can just barely manage to fit the Turnigy 4S 5K 40C pack in my buggy. Tray in your truggy looks huge with room for padding.

Anyway congratz and best of luck with it next year. Looks like a great truggy I hope it gives some of the nitro ones a good spanking.

#6 ·
Battery tray measures 167mm long x 51mm wide x 15mm deep.
Same tray is used on the 8E buggy. I would like to get a good 6500mah 4S or even a 5/6S 152 combo in there.
Ye mate this is where the engine in my revo came from, I also got a GO7 port floating around doing nothing and 3 litres of fuel so had to get something in the works.

#12 · (Edited)
Aren't you running the 1518 or the 1520 in the HSTe B$? That would have a lot to do with the smoothness down low. The difference I found between the 1515 and the 1518 at low speeds was huge.

LOL. you beat me to it Snap. I think we are right though. Lower kv motors always seem smoother.

#14 ·
The lower KV idea sounds about right. I didn't even think about electrics, i was thinking about the setup i was running and stuff like that.

15 mins would be great. though i don't think it'll be able to make it unless you do some serious work or get a 1520 and gear very conservatively. Also the 1520 is no longer available at castle but i think RC-M have some. I was tempted to get one from RC-M seeing as they are a great motor.

#17 ·
You just had to mention Erevos didnt ya B$:p, Im really not happy that I got the electrics out mine ATM:(

Might get to run it tomorrow at PHDR there is talk of some guys going out tomorrow weather permitting. The track is a bit blown out but I dont care I just want to run it.

#20 ·
Had this on the track yesterday and am happy with it so far. Track was loose as buggery and was using very worn Ibeams so had limited traction, but it still feels really good. I think i am quite overgeared as motor and batteries were hot and speedy fan was on when I bought it in. Didnt have temp gun with me.
Only thing i dont like is the sound of it.....sounds like i got the gearmesh too tight, sounds really geary(If that is a real word)
Im gunna dremel some clearance for the spur into the chassis fit a 50T steel spur and get a hardened 13,14,15 pinion, but this will probablly make it even noisier.

#26 ·
Cheers mate, but Losi make this one a pretty easy conversion.
Im hopin to convert you to an Etruggy:rolleyes:
Ye im over the rain, but i have had heaps of time playin Halo on my break:D
But in a moment of sunshine today i managed to run it on 5S:p Holy crap is all I can say. Thats was first time I have ever run more than 4S in any of my trucks including erevo and it was fun
Mike revived a 4S lipo with a dead cell into a 3S, and run that in series with a 2S:cool:

#30 · (Edited)
5S is pretty fun in the erevo too, i've been meaning to try it on the track for a laugh.:thumb: The buggy is just stupid on 5S!

Been looking at a few T rollers and have been very close a few times but yet to pull the trigger. We'll see what happens this season.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.