Australian RC Forums banner

Simple hull!

Tags
boat gas plans
26K views 55 replies 12 participants last post by  Aero165 
#1 · (Edited)
Been playing on cad. to come up with a very simple plan for a gas rc boat hull for people new to the hobbie or just a knock around hull for the kids.:thumb:
This one will fit most weedie engines straight in so it suits homebuilders like me.
Built from the bottom up as a simple flatbottom but having 1 1/2" runners laminated underneath once built for a slight tunnel effect when at speed.
The one I will be building will have the rear modified to slope down from the back of the engine to the transom to get rid of the boxy rear end! I can post the DXF file if anybody is interested.

V1-Punt Runner.

test fitting the main framing!

See less See more
#7 ·
45 inches long and 15 inches wide!
I will be fitting a 25cc into this hull, it should be pretty fast for a homebuilt!
I have the plan in printable DXF file if you would like it.

Chad.
Thanks, but not at the moment. Just interested as I built a small boat many years ago from scratch off plans. 24" long, running a Enya 15 nitro. Good luck with the built and keep the pics coming.

Col.

#5 ·
looks good.

I actually built a model of our Seacraft wooden boat when i was in school. Never quite finished it and dad tossed it when i moved out. We did draw up plans to make one about 800mm long but never got that far.

I wish you luck. Looks like you have made more progress than i did lol. Look forward to seeing more.

#10 ·
Looks pretty good! I look forward to seeing more of the build.

Here is one I designed and built about 10 years ago. Scratch built 1/8th ply bulkheads, 1/16th ply hull skin. Took me about 6 months to build but it never made it to thr water.
My dog found it and well, use your imagination.

Cheers, Brett. Wood Musical instrument String instrument Creative arts Grass
Watercraft Naval architecture Boat Wood Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Toy Creative arts Wood Automotive exterior Grass
Wood Floor Flooring Hardwood Wood stain

#15 ·
#12 ·
its a autocad drawing. So unless you have autocad you wont be able to open it.

I can make it a pdf if ya want it that way.

PM me ya email and i can send to ya.

Cheers
Matt

#13 ·
Just a suggestion, you have the plans already.
Simply save the plan shown in the first post to your PC and print it in the scale you want.

EASY.

#17 ·
did a9cad work for you.

I have autocad at work and also downloaded a trial of something at home. But neither will open it. Autocad just opens with a big blank black page and the trial of designcad does the same???

Cheers
Matt

#19 · (Edited)
all good downloaded another viewer and works now. just gotta install me pdf driver again and i will post it in pdf format.

lol love the "boat" room. Looks a bit like my shed atm. But mine is a far bit messier than yours lol.

here it is.

Didnt print the last line of the hull but its just s straight line from there.

View attachment Boat plans.pdf

#20 ·
Thanks for goin to all that trouble mate!:thumb:

all good downloaded another viewer and works now. just gotta install me pdf driver again and i will post it in pdf format.

lol love the "boat" room. Looks a bit like my shed atm. But mine is a far bit messier than yours lol.

here it is.

Didnt print the last line of the hull but its just s straight line from there.

View attachment 8191

#24 ·
Woo Hoo, looking real good.

#25 · (Edited)
I did a bit of modding, hope you don't mind. It could be a tunnel hull with a few little changes.

Sorry about the quality, i'm feeling lazy so using MS paint.

Attachments

#26 ·
Now your onto it! The basic layout of this plan can be changed very easily, My 45" drag boat and the 53" offshore I built for a mate are basically the same setup as this with minor changes to get the hull shape I want.
My little lady actually thought I was building another drag hull when she saw the framework set out.

#27 ·
wow that is really taking shape now. GREAT work. Looks like some top workmanship in that thing.

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

What wood are you using to build this?

#28 ·
The engine rails are 10mm structural ply, the bulkheads are 1/4 and the sheeting is 3mm Lauan!
I only used what I had laying around but 1/4 will be fine for all the framework.
I will be making a build jig and templates(started on) to make a few more up, I can probably get rid of a couple locally!
This one will be my sons christmas present, he wants it bright yellow with black racing stripes! :)

#29 ·
Just a suggestion, I used 1/8th balsa sheet sandwiched between two 1/16th ply sheets for the bulkheads.
It was really light but nice and strong as well. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.