Australian RC Forums banner

What motor?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Skidd 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Im fairly new at this R/C'ing business. Ive built and or repaired a few "real"fibreglass boats now, so i thought i'd try my hand at building an R/C boat. I've just finished the hull, which is 1400mm long x 400mm wide. Before i put the top deck i will be powering it.

I have a great little 17cc mcculloch weedeater motor, but i have no idea of how to hook it up to a surface drive. The output from the motor accepts a 4mmx4mm squared end flexible cable, which i still have sitting on the bench. IS there anyone out there who would be able to offer any assistance?

Im not sure what connection options i would have if i removed the clutch on the motor, i would prefer to keep the clutch if possible, so i can "idle-at rest" in the water without the engine stalling.

Will post some pictures shortly of the work in progress. Im gonna head down tot he workshop now to get messy with some epoxy...hehe...thanks guys!

<A href="mailto
</A>Dan
Edited by: propshaft

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a few mates who are into the boats and they all get their parts
& advice from hobby shops that deal in the boats. It's a bit
like the helicopter stuff... at lot of shops sell them but most don't
know enough about them. Best to find a LHS who *knows* a lot
about the setting up of boats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.