: After 2nd hand Phoenix simulator to buy

bds2710
24-08-2010, 08:09 PM
hi after 2nd hand Phoenix simulator to buy off someone who has finished with theres ?
or other sim
just getting into this hobbies and got a blade 400 with the dx6i controler and would like to get a good simulator before i take first flight
cheers

bds2710
24-08-2010, 09:38 PM
anyone please ?

crusey_aus
24-08-2010, 10:47 PM
I use an aussie made sim from preflightsim.com, super heli version has plenty of helis to play with

Not sure how realistic it is but its loads of fun and pretty cheap ($40 or so)

Works well with the DX6i

http://preflightsim.com/

Blade400 is pretty hard to fly in it which matches my experience with my own :)

Blade msr is very close to the real thing

Cheers

main_event
24-08-2010, 10:57 PM
I use an aussie made sim from preflightsim.com, super heli version has plenty of helis to play with

Not sure how realistic it is but its loads of fun and pretty cheap ($40 or so)

Works well with the DX6i

http://preflightsim.com/

Blade400 is pretty hard to fly in it which matches my experience with my own :)

Blade msr is very close to the real thing

Cheers

Blade mSR is about as far away as you can get from the real thing (real thing being RC heli)

bds2710
24-08-2010, 11:01 PM
not worth my time you think main event ?
thats why i am after a pre owned phoenix sim

crusey_aus
24-08-2010, 11:10 PM
By real thing I meant close to the real rc flying experience

Cheers

main_event
24-08-2010, 11:30 PM
I would def use a Blade mSR to learn how to fly a heli, it will help you a lot, but the jump to a bigger one will still be quite steep.

If you can get your hands on a simluator this will be invaluable in your learning curve. I cannot tell you how much you can learn on a sim, because when you crash - you hit the spacebar and you have another model ready to fly!

An mSR is a great little heli, but I think a sim is a better learning tool. It will allow you to try the things that pop up in your head, as in "I wonder what would happen if I did this" Well wonder no more because in the sim you can try it.

Get the sim to practice your flying, get the Blade mSR to have fun with

Dr freedom
24-08-2010, 11:31 PM
I have phoenix & honestly, its one of the best sims/games going imo

main_event
24-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I have phoenix & honestly, its one of the best sims/games going imo

Pheonix is one of the best by far

pbnz
24-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Phoenix is great, would highly recommend it. I think you will struggle to find one second hand as they rarely come up. Its a great investment though as Phoenix offers free upgrades basically so you buy it once and you should not need to spend anymore on it over the years. They add new models all the time. The dollars you save from avoiding crashes pays off very very quickly!

bds2710
24-08-2010, 11:37 PM
I would def use a Blade mSR to learn how to fly a heli, it will help you a lot, but the jump to a bigger one will still be quite steep.

If you can get your hands on a simluator this will be invaluable in your learning curve. I cannot tell you how much you can learn on a sim, because when you crash - you hit the spacebar and you have another model ready to fly!

An mSR is a great little heli, but I think a sim is a better learning tool. It will allow you to try the things that pop up in your head, as in "I wonder what would happen if I did this" Well wonder no more because in the sim you can try it.

Get the sim to practice your flying, get the Blade mSR to have fun with

thats what i was thinking ,the sim to have and try things and mostly learn on and a msr for fun
but $$ not the best so thats why i am after a secord hand sim or second hand msr to come and think of it
cheers

pbnz
24-08-2010, 11:44 PM
A word of warning, RC helis are not a cheap hobby. There are not many cheap ways into it and you will crash! Not wanting to put you off, but helis can be an expensive hobby.
My advice would be to put your money into the sim first and save and get something decent to learn on once you have thrashed the sim. The MSR is OK, but I would recommend something a tad bigger. The smaller the heli the easier it gets away from you (but also the cheaper it is when you crash it!).

stevo1957
24-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Got my second hand Phoenix from a mate last Saturday for $100. Bargain I reckon.

It absolutely craps all over Realflight IMO.

I can't use it yet though.........Fathers Day present.

Cheers,

Steve

crusey_aus
25-08-2010, 12:47 PM
I just purchased a new copy from the cheapest seller I could find, worked out to be $150 aus with free delivery

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220594868077&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I downloaded the demo and it certainly looks a look better than the one I have been tinkering with

Cheers

Brad_Slash
25-08-2010, 09:19 PM
It is a fantastic sim... My dad has it and i just go there and try some pretty cool things i would never dream of trying..

If you want something a little bigger than the msr go for the 120 SR blade its new been out for 2 weeks or so but it is fantastic heli to fly i was flying it at the local tonight very responsive and forgiven at the same time ....

Cheers brad

bds2710
25-08-2010, 09:34 PM
i have a blade 400 but i wont the phoenix to practice on before taking it out thats a good deal on your serond hand one $ 100 stevo1957 and the one on ebay is the cheapest i have found as well

pbnz
25-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Steve-am I dreaming or did you not post last night about problems you were having with Phoenix and I posted some advice to help?
Just came back to check on things and its not there!
Was I dreaming or was it removed for some reason?

stevo1957
25-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Steve-am I dreaming or did you not post last night about problems you were having with Phoenix and I posted some advice to help?
Just came back to check on things and its not there!
Was I dreaming or was it removed for some reason?

Nah......you're not going mad mate.

I started a seperate thread.

I'm actually downloading the update now to see if what you suggested will fix it. I'll update my thread soon.

Cheers,

Steve

stevo1957
25-08-2010, 10:08 PM
i have a blade 400 but i wont the phoenix to practice on before taking it out thats a good deal on your serond hand one $ 100 stevo1957 and the one on ebay is the cheapest i have found as well

Yeah mate - fantastic deal from a mate!

Cheers,

Steve

pbnz
25-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks Steve! Thought I was going mad there for a minute!
Found it now.
Let me know how things go for you.
Cheers,
Nolan