Australian RC Forums banner

EKOS on & off a trailer

9K views 41 replies 16 participants last post by  Bug777 
#1 ·
Here is a vid that i did with my EKOS getting on & off it's trailer.

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks for the kind words. The Summit is strong. It use to pull my Baja around. The key is to get the trailer as low as possible & if you are using more than 1 axle make it float - "I" beam suspension, other wise you get point loading on 1 axle & it digs in.

#17 ·
Thanks doc. I am glad that i brought you some enjoyment. I will see what i can do about the Stig.

I have been trialing the use of a DX6I transmitter in it. I hooked up the throttle to the port motor, elevator to the starboard motor & allerons to the rudder. I then mixed the throttle & elevators through a switch. this gives me individual control of each motor both forward & reverse at low speeds & single action throttle at high speeds. This has made getting on & off the trailer better. I will try & get a video up in the next week or so.

#22 · (Edited)
Took it for a run with new batts today. WOW. These batteries are amazing the amount of power they put out for there price. There was a slight chop. The only things in the water were the props & rudder. The heart rate went up a few beats every now & then.

If you are going to run these packs you need to modify the battery box by notching out a small section to allow the wire to come out the side otherwise you cannot get the top back on the boat. I will share a picture over the weekend of the mmod that i did.

#27 ·
Mate thats a nice looking boat you have there it looks like it would fly out of the water .....

Chers brad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.