Australian RC Forums banner

New Traxxas Titan

10K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  rasigs 
#1 ·
#2 ·
awesome..they have a name for it at last

this was posted some weeks ago... first i saw of it was posted on youtube by

theJang from usa

there was 2 vidoes on youtube about it, one was talking to traxxas about it at a convertion type thing

next was showing it running in the water at some other convertion thing

i would love to have one of these:thumb:

#6 ·
wonder how many $$$ . it looks good :) but could also be a $800+ boat :(

#9 ·
Thanks for the links.

Anyway every other Traxxas product has been and is being sold here for a while now. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't bring this boat down here too. The only downside will be that it will take 6-9 months after it's release in the states. Just like any other Traxxas product.

#10 ·
Was gonna say has very little to do with traxxas. They will sell anything to any distro, really depends on if the Aussie distro wants it or sees a market for it. But as BB says, they have brought everything else out from the states.

#11 ·
Yeah Carni its SMS (Southern Model Supplies) that bring Traxxas into Australia and distribute it. Also its not all up to them neither. Traxxas is always going to make sure that they can meet the demand on the US market before they allow distributors from other countries to get their own stock. Our RC market is a piss in the ocean compared to the US. They are not going to bother with us till they can meet the demand easily over there. That usually takes 6mths+. Whats worse the spares come in the second shipment which is usually few weeks later.:bang:

Still having said that SMS aren't the greatest to deal with.

#12 ·
For sure they look after themselves but unless SMS go knocking, Traxxas won't chase people. Looking at the boat they won't need to :)

#14 ·
Why pay double the price and buy locally...
Buy direct from OS and be done with it. Warranty is really not a problem, and I've sent a couple of things back to Traxxas direct with no hassles.

If there was a decent place to take the boat around BNE, I would consider one, but they're just a PITA IMO.

#16 · (Edited)
This has changed my opinion about boats! Thats sweet and would be alot of fun!

Southern Model Supplies here in Adelaide are very helpful, I have called them several times b4. They may be able to tell you who, where and when they will be available in Aus and for how much.

I was chasing a traxxas part ages ago for a stampede I had, they had it in stock and arranged for a LHS to get it in for me. Was very helpful.

#17 ·
i sent traxxas an email a few days ago and still no reply

i think i will give them a call on their toll free number and ask them instead if its coming to australia

id like to know for sure if it is coming here rather then just speculate about it

#19 ·
That's still no guarantee that they will be here then. Release in the states doesn't always mean released here at that time. As I said before it is more about the importer than the manufacturer

#21 · (Edited)
Have had my eye on this too, looks awesome, why stuff around though, just get it from tower, 389, then with code discount be about 300, add shipping n it would be on your doorstep for approx 400 aussie $. Due end July.

I have 3 dams near me, take with me when I run my other big V8 toy!

I'm all for the Aussie economy etc, but RC stuff is just extortion and no wonder heaps is purchased overseas, anyway not getting into that arguement.

I DO wonder if it will be possible to buy just the boat if you already have the 2.4gig radio, like I have, which they say will run 20 models???

Ron

Even better get 3 of us together n get $250 off with codes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.