Australian RC Forums banner

Traxxas relasing a new boat 36'/6S and50mph!!!

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Carnivean 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I haven't heard much about it here so here it is for any of you that might be interested. Looks good but I know nothing about boats so make your own minds up. Anyway it is a deep V-hull and it will come with a 6S capable ESC/motor (I wonder if they will be using a waterproof version of the MMM) and 2.4Ghz controller. They also claim that there will be lots of room for large batteries. Anyway here is the sneak preview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JFw0Dr4fUw&feature=player_embedded#

Just found another vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl7X83Rm5sU&feature=player_embedded

#3 ·
Yeah it does look the goods. I am getting a little tired though of the traxxas pattern on the shells :(

#4 ·
Agreed Carni. Their logo needs a bit of an overhaul for sure. I am not into boats but I am more so interested in the electronics. ESC to be exact. A 6S capable ESC that is water proof. Lets hope they make something like that for their bigger land RCs (well Revo mainly). That way we could run these powerful motors of theirs in the mud. It could also be fitted to other non-Traxxas vehicles. That would be something. Imagine brushless power in your Maxxx (I added the extra x because your truck is Xtreme. LOL) whiping up a rooster tail or spraying mud all over the place. Would be cool.

#5 ·
Dont know if you heard it in that vid but the ESC is water cooled, so adaption to land based apps is not likely :(

#7 ·
True, it would be cool. Could always hook up a pair of 4-5s motors. Speed of the motor would not be higher but the torque would silly with a couple of 1515 CC motors.

#9 ·
lol at pbmaxx64, he's still kicking on. Doesn't surprise me that he was the first in there wanting the truck version :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.