: Where are the Large Scale onroad guys???

Dudez
07-05-2010, 09:48 PM
There is a largescale onroad track in almost every states and there are many race largescale onroad cars but there hasn't been many threads about LS onroad at all ... are they on the forum like the offroad guys with their own area for their offroad clubs? :confused:

NSW Largescale onroad state title is on in Moorebank in June Queen's birthday holiday and I can't see anything about this on the net/forum (that I know of) at all. Have I missed anything? How do they promote this event to make people aware of it and come and watch the race?

Is the largescale onroad not that popular??

I am just curious :D

Cheers

Duddy

OZ!MSport
07-05-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm still waiting for my car to turn up... so I've been keeping a low profile ;). I don't know if the guys that race the large scale here in Newy are on any forums.

As for the Moorebank race on the June long weekend - unfortunately I will be away on holidays over that weekend so I wont be able to participate (or even watch) :(

tonystott
08-05-2010, 05:46 AM
This is all I could find
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australian-racing/295031-moorebank-large-scale-coffee-shop.html

Baja Rocks
08-05-2010, 07:03 AM
I race large scale on road at Brendale and to be honest most of the guys down at the track have not even heard of Ausrc and generally the guys that race 5th scale are older and have families etc so don't tend to read forums or are really interested in doing so

I have had far more success selling my 5th scale car advertising it at the track and Trackside RC than on this forum which actually surprised me.

stevoo
08-05-2010, 08:13 AM
There is a largescale onroad track in almost every states and there are many race largescale onroad cars but there hasn't been many threads about LS onroad at all ... are they on the forum like the offroad guys with their own area for their offroad clubs? :confused:

NSW Largescale onroad state title is on in Moorebank in June Queen's birthday holiday and I can't see anything about this on the net/forum (that I know of) at all. Have I missed anything? How do they promote this event to make people aware of it and come and watch the race?

Is the largescale onroad not that popular??

I am just curious :D

Cheers

Duddy
I know there are about six people from up here going down for the NSW state titles. We were told it was on at drivers breifings.

You can look up the year on aarcmcc. Vic state titles are on this weekend. Qld/Brendale titles 2nd - 5th September. Nationals are on at Moorebank Oct 21 -24.

I'm still waiting for my car to turn up... so I've been keeping a low profile ;). I don't know if the guys that race the large scale here in Newy are on any forums.

As for the Moorebank race on the June long weekend - unfortunately I will be away on holidays over that weekend so I wont be able to participate (or even watch) :(
What car have you bought?

..... generally the guys that race 5th scale are older and have families etc so don't tend to read forums or are really interested in doing so.

I'd agree with you there Jon.

AUSRC is a different forum to others too, more hobby based (not that that is a bad thing) in comparision to others like RCTECH which is more orientated to club racing and racers. If you are interested in the best 1/5 on road forum where you could ask the most complicated question and get a qualified answer try RCTEK it is a bit slow but most of the drivers that run in the top 10 worldwide are on there as well as factory drivers for FG, RS5 ect.

OZ!MSport
08-05-2010, 10:47 AM
What car have you bought?
Hi Stevoo,
I bought a FG Evo 08 - will post pics when I get it :thumb:

stevoo
08-05-2010, 01:53 PM
The one off ebay from up here? Lewis's . It was a bargain!

Dudez
08-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks for letting us know about the RCTEK :thumb: I have been looking for an 1/5th onroad site like that.

OZ!MSport
08-05-2010, 07:59 PM

Yep - very clean car, only 9 mths old with lots of goodies; Abbate motor, FG Powerlock diff, Meilke pipe, 3PK radio, and spares - I'm happy with the purchase... Should get it Monday or Tuesday :). Hopefully it will be pretty competitive straight 'out of the box'... once I remember how to drive these 1/5th cars that is ;)

Just wish I lived a bit closer to the Moorebank track.

Dudez
08-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Sounds like a great deal you got there :thumb: congrats.

Try to come to Moorebank and have a go ... its worth travelling from New Castle.

chuckyone
09-05-2010, 12:32 AM

Yep - very clean car, only 9 mths old with lots of goodies; Abbate motor, FG Powerlock diff, Meilke pipe, 3PK radio, and spares - I'm happy with the purchase... Should get it Monday or Tuesday :). Hopefully it will be pretty competitive straight 'out of the box'... once I remember how to drive these 1/5th cars that is ;)

Just wish I lived a bit closer to the Moorebank track.

Hi OZ! It's not that far to Moorebank. We have members come down from
New Castel every race meeting. I'm sure you'll love the track and I know you'll have a great time.:thumb:
Cheers

PC WIZ
09-05-2010, 12:45 AM
Is Whalan still a LS onroad track?

chuckyone
09-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Is Whalan still a LS onroad track?

Hi Wiz
I don't know :confused: Non of the Large Scale on road guys I know race there.
cheers

OZ!MSport
09-05-2010, 08:55 AM
New Castel every race meeting. I'm sure you'll love the track and I know you'll have a great time.:thumb:
Cheers

Hi Chucky,
I plan to come down as often as possible... I have raced (1/5th FG) on the Moorebank track back in the mid '90's (Geez - I sound old don't I :p)... and was really impressed with the layout/facilities. I know that you guys have made some changes since then so I'm keen to see the track now.
:thumb:

PC WIZ
09-05-2010, 11:09 AM
This is the Whalan track.

chuckyone
09-05-2010, 03:28 PM
This is the Whalan track.
Hi Wiz
Iíve been to Whalan and itís a nice track but itís to tight with no runoff in the corners for the LARGE SCALE cars. If you havenít seen large scale cars race yet come down to Moorebankraceway and see just how much fun we all have on race days, we race on the 4th Sunday of the month. Itís worth a look

chuckyone
09-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Cheers

Hi Chucky,
I plan to come down as often as possible... I have raced (1/5th FG) on the Moorebank track back in the mid '90's (Geez - I sound old don't I :p)... and was really impressed with the layout/facilities. I know that you guys have made some changes since then so I'm keen to see the track now.

Hi OZ
Iíve been racing large scale at Moorebankraceway since about 97. Thatís when it all started; a lot has changed since you raced there. Last year we resurfaced the track and made some changes to the old layout, now we can run a variety of different layouts.
We have doubled the number of pit benches, all under cover and all with there own power and lighting. I think once you come down and have a drive on the track youíll think the drive down is worth it! Hereís some photos of the track after it was finished
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo28/chuckyone_photo_photo/mypics035.jpg

chuckyone
09-05-2010, 04:58 PM
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo28/chuckyone_photo_photo/mypics034.jpg

chuckyone
09-05-2010, 05:10 PM
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo28/chuckyone_photo_photo/mypics033.jpgsorry about the size of the photos but I don't know how to make then smaller any help would be welcomed thanks.:wave:
Photos tacken from the drivers stand
What do you think of the place now ???

PC WIZ
09-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Wow that's a nice track! :thumb:

Unfortunatly i'm about seven hours drive away from Morebank. :o

Dudez
09-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Cheers

Hi Chucky,

Hi OZ
Iíve been racing large scale at Moorebankraceway since about 97. Thatís when it all started; a lot has changed since you raced there. Last year we resurfaced the track and made some changes to the old layout, now we can run a variety of different layouts.
We have doubled the number of pit benches, all under cover and all with there own power and lighting. I think once you come down and have a drive on the track youíll think the drive down is worth it! Hereís some photos of the track after it was finished

and stools/chairs with wheels, couple of strong air compressors to clean the chassis and a tank of water and running water to clean the body after the race so you can just put the car back on to the shelve when you get home and ready for the next race again :D

chuckyone
09-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Wow that's a nice track! :thumb:

Unfortunatly i'm about seven hours drive away from Morebank. :o

Wow Wiz
Seven hours from Moorebank that would put you some place out the back of nowhere. Now that would make it a long day and a long way to come for a drive, but I still think it would be worth the trip. Remember some people go to europe to race and that's 14 hours by plane. Now that's what I'ed call a long trip :D

Let us know if your ever down this way
Cheers and take care :thumb:

Global_Warmer
09-05-2010, 07:52 PM
What do i think of the photos?

Where do I buy a 1/5th scale on road and who do i pay to race~! :D

OZ!MSport
09-05-2010, 09:33 PM
WOW - I didn't realise each pit bench was powered... that's awesome! - gone are the days of having to carry a spare 12V battery - or run back and forth from under the hood of your car. :)
Stools with wheels - now that's just being spoilt :p

Sounds great! I'll definately make the trip ASAP.

OZ!MSport
09-05-2010, 10:01 PM
I merged the three images Chucky posted (hope this is OK Chucky)... and although the perspective is a little weird - it makes it a bit easy to follow the whole track.

chuckyone
09-05-2010, 11:29 PM
I merged the three images Chucky posted (hope this is OK Chucky)... and although the perspective is a little weird - it makes it a bit easy to follow the whole track.
Good try OZY Thats some thing like it :thumb: But it looks better in real life.:)
Don't forget to put up the pictures of your car when it turns up. Who knows if you miss out on the state titles you can always entry the Nationals in October.:cool:
Cheers:thumb:

Dudez
09-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Charlie, what happens if it rains in State title race days? will we still race??

chuckyone
10-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Charlie, what happens if it rains in State title race days? will we still race??
Hi Duddy
Racing will take place on a damp track with no standing water. There will be No racing if rain is falling. The decision on weather a track is wet or rain affected will rest with the Race Director and the Referees.
And that's the short answer:rolleyes: There's a lot more to it, You can find all the answers on the AARCMCC web site, or better still I'll send you a copy:D They make good reading :confused::bang::cool:

chuckyone
10-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Nah !! They don't want anything like this to happen :eek::bang:
From this

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo28/chuckyone_photo_photo/DSCF0574-1.jpg

To This in Under a Minute

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo28/chuckyone_photo_photo/DSCF0710.jpg:bang:

in rod we trust
11-05-2010, 07:19 PM
how many car's are you boy's expecting in the state finals???

is there any other car's beside the xrc and the harm that race out there..

or is it just harm and xrc that have race classes out at your track boys..

also don't forget to post up date time to the state event on ausrc for all of us to come out and watch you boy's go :thumb:

in rod we trust
11-05-2010, 07:23 PM

never seen the track before untill the pics, but sure as hell looks well maintained very impressive track boy's..

do you boys start off at a angle and not side by side like normal 1;1 cars..

Dudez
11-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Nah !! They don't want anything like this to happen :bang:
From this

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo28/chuckyone_photo_photo/DSCF0710.jpg

:eek:

Is that Neil's car? nice paint job ... well not anymore :D

chuckyone
11-05-2010, 09:28 PM
[quote=cougar2465;297680]Charlie, what happens if it rains in State title race days? will we still race??
Nah !! They don't want anything like this to happen
From this

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo28/chuckyone_photo_photo/DSCF0710.jpg

Is that Neil's car? nice paint job ... well not anymore/quote]
Nah. It's one of mine. 3 weeks to paint and in under a minute it
was destroyed by my Nephwe :bang: Car was rebuilt at a cost of $50.oo
the body went into the garbage I also put my Harm into the fence that
day But that wasn't as cheap to fix
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo28/chuckyone_photo_photo/DSCF0718-1.jpg
Only one of my cars made it into the finals that day
so all was not lost :thumb:

Dudez
11-05-2010, 09:46 PM

also don't forget to post up date time to the state event on ausrc for all of us to come out and watch you boy's go :thumb:

Hey Ambro

There are Open class and XRC class.
Open class have HARM, FG, Contrast, RS5 cars racing in it. XRC Class is fun and the Open class cars are awesome to look at ... they are all made of alloys/CF and most of them have race tuned engine in them so they go very fast. Open class racing is awesome to watch :thumb:... they look real!

The next club racing is on the 23rd May and the NSW State titles is on Queens birthday longweekend in June 10th,11th,12th and 13th.

Come around and have a look.

Dudez
11-05-2010, 09:50 PM

What would've happened if more than 2 of your cars made it into finals? how were you going to drive them both at the same time? :D

chuckyone
11-05-2010, 10:16 PM

Hi
We race FG, Harm,RS5, and Contrast. The XRC Controlled Class is for people New to Large Scale racing and want to have some fun without spending to much money. We use a side by side grid start just like the 1:1 cars Hrer's a picture of how they look
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo28/chuckyone_photo_photo/IMG_7598.jpg

chuckyone
11-05-2010, 10:35 PM

What would've happened if more than 2 of your cars made it into finals? how were you going to drive them both at the same time? :D

TSR (Team Sciberras Racing ) runs 2 XRCs ! I run one and the other one is driven by my Nephew. I also run a Harm in open class, By being the team owner and Boss I get to choose what car I want to drive :thumb: How good is that !;)

knobby
22-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Hey Guys,

Anybody going to be at the Moorebank track tomorrow 23rd? I might pop down for a looksee, I prefer the scale onroad stuff. Can I bring my 1/4 scale turbine powered afterburning dragster down for people to have a look at???

Cheers,
Smithy.

Dudez
22-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi Knobby

Tomorrow 23 March is the LargeScale club day so yes we will be there tomorrow.
We will be there from around 9am till end of day :thumb:
Hope the weather is good at the track.

LanceUppercut
26-05-2010, 06:00 PM
Just curious of how many Victorians still have their 1/5 scale on roads? I was part of the first down here in Vic in the mid-late 90's after I saw my first one during the first GP race here at Albert Park as part of a demo we did (MRCCR Club). Someone from NSW brought down an FG to demo and after seeing that, I was hooked! The Lilydale track still can host 1/5 scale but nowadays only 1/10 and 1/8 run on a almost weekly basis. I still have my FG Evo and I don't want to let it go just in case it picks up again here in Vic. If there are enough numbers, I would like to run again anywhere!

Craig1
26-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I think Andy Bishop and Michael Stav have been trying to breath life back into the 1/5th scene at Lillydale for a while now.

Their 1/5th State Titles are still scheduled for this year (had the Nat's there back last November) but they really need to get some races running there.

I think Michael is back at Trackside RC in Hoppers Crossings give him a call to check out what's happening or contact Andy through the club.