Australian RC Forums banner

thoughts and feedback on Traxxas Villian EX

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  PC WIZ 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
It looks to be ok but they are a cheapish boat. Good if you just want something to learn on. I hav'nt seen or used one but i have had lots of boats so i have lots of experience with boats.

My favourite boat is the Prince RCBT1111 From R2 Hobbies.
Not sure if they still sell them though, they went for about $150 Australian last year. Here are some pics, they handle really well and there are lots of sites with threads about them and the mods owners have done to them. The hull is hand laid fibreglass not ABS plastic like the Villian hull.
The RCBT are still arguably the best electric mono boat hull on a budjet.

Cheers, brett. :thumb:

Attachments

#4 ·
Glad to help. I can send you some links to other sites that are talking about them right now but not here! I will send links via PM to you if you wan't them.

Cheers, Brett.

#6 · (Edited)
#9 ·
The rope needs to be a lot longer than that for it to work, 15 feet is a good length. I dragged a miniature surfer around with good success, I don't know if you remember seing the little surfers that are pushed by hand into small shore breaks. They work well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.