Australian RC Forums banner

am conquest build

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  matt_971 
#1 ·
Hi guys ive been collecting parts for a aeromarine laminates conquest catamaran.

Im going to use all speedmaster hardware, hitec digital servos, sendec tach, futaba 3pm 2.4ghz radio, quickdraw 25ht motor and pipe combo and a prop works west 6717/3 430c prop.

Ive been trying to buying all well know top shelf parts i can, in the name of reliability = more run time = more fun, any way here is where im at sofar

Gm radio box, speed master twin pick up rudder with 4 inch offset, speedmaster skeg strut and speedmaster engine mounts and baxter 500ml iv fuel bag

Large bore water line, tygon fuel line, sullivans pushrods, butch block and speedmaster pipe mount.

hughey flexi cable, great planes fuel dots, dubro: straps, stop collars and hd clevis's, hobbico battery monitor, rcmk water outlest, gm servo mounts, aeromarine antenna mount, thru hull fittings and hatch locks

digital squish band gague, redline performance motors alloy radio box seal mounts, sendec shop tach and some spare parts for the quickdraw 25ht motor and pipe.

ive also been collecting none metric nuts bolts and blind nuts for the build, so i dont have to mix match threads and tools for the build.

There is more little odds and ends for the build, but you get the general idea, ill try and take some build pictures of the building process, should be a laugh as its my first propper build, but ive done my resurch.

I still waiting on my hull to be delivered so i can start my build, work is slowing down a bit so i might have some time to build mine and have a run.

I payed for my hull on the 10th of march, i had to wait for it to be built as it was a all black gell coat, it was sent on the 2nd of april so it will be another couple of weeks befor i get my hands on it.

I think i have every thing i need and have brought most things befor i payed for the hull and hardware, so i should be good to go once the hull gets here when time permits.

I was disipointed i sold the seaducer cat due to lack of room for the carb, but im excited about this build, but sofar its been in the pipe works for a while a month of planning and another month waiting around for things to be delivered.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like you've got some nice bits ready for the build Benckie, i look forward to this build thread and seeing a vid of her rip at the end. :D
Is the digital squish band gague the same as a digital micrometer? If so how do you go about using it to check/meassure squish?

#3 ·
hi slave, the hull should be here any early next week :thumb: but i got the keys to the new house the other day so ill be moving house next break :bang: so ill have to wait a couple of shifts befor i can get into the build and ive been getting a bit carried away with the falcon these day to.

about the squish band gauge, you push the piston all the way into the head with out the crank 0 the gague, install piston on crank and head gaskits and gently turn the motor over by hand to get the readings, bit more acurate then the old solder method ive been using for years.

the quickdraw 25ht has a very skinny squish band very hand to do with the solder method, so i brought that new gauge awhile ago thinking ahead, and since im going to rebuild it and install a new crank canse its had some hard dunks i thought ill do it the best i could and use the gauge.

#7 ·
OK i am in mandurah but go up to south lakes and north of Perth with the club and have 5 boats to play with so you never know i also run a few RMCK evos there a bloody good motor and the mods are out doing zenoah's when i get more time i might put a thread or two to show my projects to every one ,
talk later.
Len :cool:

#9 ·
wow man I didnt even notice this thread till now. Looks like it will be a good build.

ALOT more room inside that hull hey. if the seducer had a large cowl like that it would be fine.

Even with my rcmk it is a tight fit but seems to run fine.

I love the all black color. What are you going to do color scheme? Vinyls or paint it?

#11 ·
very nice shane, being a twin hull setup would that be allot more stable at speed compared to some of the other designes?

#12 ·
Where are the stickers benckie? Any words on the build?

I love Cats and Tunnels, best and most stable boats ever built. :D

#13 ·
any updates man.

I got some vids i gotta put up of my boat running the other weekend. will do that now actually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.