Australian RC Forums banner

RC Everingham and Evercraft race boats

18K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  dempsta 
#1 · (Edited)
I found this video on Youtube a while back and thought these were the coolest RC boats I'de ever seen!..LOL

I know they arnt the fastest or best handling...but they look just like the real things and would be a heap of fun I recon.

If I ever build an RC boat?...It would be one of these! (The Evercraft Cell is my Fav)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs4cC570WLg

#2 ·
eeekk Dont think i would ever buy one of these. they handle like a plank of wood would.... lol.

I know the older full size everingham boats had a habbit of barrel rolling with any decent motor in em. So never the best design from the start let alone for a rc boat.

If you really think about it you will spend more time swimmin out n picking this boat up than using it. Get a decent hull like some of the other builds going on atm and you would be much happier.

On the other hand if it was brushless n waterproofed it would prolly be a hell of a lot of fun but still not my choice.

#4 · (Edited)
these boats are NOT sold by whalanmotorsports i think they can be bought from excell products and a couple of others. these boats thou have won many races. the omen and ryan chesser have raced them for many years . they are great fun and easy to drive.

the everingham name would still be the most well known and would have won the most amount of races in real size so Matt 971 you would not no anything what is your credetials

#5 ·
G,day Sacrifice,
Sorry about the incorrect info, ive edited it out of the post now.
I assumed you guys had something to do with it because of the end of the video clip.
I had a chat to you guys at Windsor and got put onto Ryan, I have since bought the "Fury Marine" model from him with the Omen engine in it and am very happy with it.
I believe the original moulds for these were made by Gary Everingham, so in a sence the older ones are "Original" Everingham's....lol
Since then, some moulds have been sold to "The Hobby Shed" at Morisset. - www.thehobbyshed.com.au and they are available on request..(Not advertised online)
Cheers n Beers!

#6 ·
well sorry for having my own opinion. I know of quite a few ppl who wont touch everingham boats coz with power they tend to barrel roll. Our family have been around boats and racing my whole 26 yrs of life so I know a lil bit.

From what I have learnt they roll because of overpowered motors. And theoretically our RC boats are WAY WAY overpowered in scale so I would imagine they have a similar traits.

But then again what scale model performs like it does compared to its 1:1 counterpart.

I know they win a lot of races etc etc. BUT MY OPINION is I would not buy one.

So anyways what are YOUR credentials. I thought this is a forum for people to share their opinion....

#7 ·
Everyone is entitled to thier opinion Matt...Thats cool, if you dont like them?..Dont buy one..simple.
Just dont complain when you get blown off by one...lol...(Just kidding mate).
I bought one because I'm a big fan of Everingham's and circut boat racing (Full size..lol), I know the family personally, and thought they look cool on the water...I didn't really care if they were the latest thing or not....its just abit of fun....and I like seeing the little boats done up like the real things...haha!
If you want to check the credentials of "Sacrifice" - AKA - Whalan Motorsport....have a look here - http://www.whalanmotorsport.com/
They are a very competitve 6ltr Injected outfit and a bunch of nice blokes...
I crew for "Joe Jnr" and "Red Bellies" racing....Cheers

#8 ·
that is true bullant,

I just was impressed with his "tone" if ya can say that via the internet lol.

It was just an opinion. Mine at that. I wont buy one unless i got a good deal. I have other preferences first as do most people with anything. eg ford vs holden.....

Anyways I remember reading a while back that "scale" boats dont particulay handle well because they are designed for a lot more weight, less power etc etc of a 1:1 boat.

Where as our scale boats are WELL overpower on scale. So most that perform well as scales are either a complete redesign or been played with or just pure luck lol.

They do look like the handle well. A bit hairy on some bits as in the vids they seem a bit loose. But its all about fun after all.

#9 ·
Vehicle Motor vehicle Toy Asphalt Landscape
Water Sky Boat Watercraft Vehicle
i am sorry to say but i am pushing to much power in to this one, but it is to stable in the water it just sits on the cavs and skips a long the top of the water the way to flip is to adjust the cavs out so it bounces so the air can get under it and it will flip. and it has never barrel rolled the hole time i had it.

#10 ·
It's a boat, It's nitro, there are people racing. What's not to like? Go hard and stay on song! If it was electric you could hear the crickets. lol

#11 · (Edited)
i know i go to build a boat for a mate and all his mate were saying to put a brushless motor in it but all he wants is a big tuned pipe hanging out of it and the scream of the nitro engine. here is some more pics of my everingham but all the drive gear has been changed and cavs have been put on and exhaust put on and the rudder cut down, i don't know why but i tested it with no cavs and the long rudder and it spun out 5 times in 25ft

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Mode of transport Automotive exterior
Sleeve Wood Collar Linens Electrical wiring

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.