: BLSO-Noise Restrictions

spiralink
29-03-2010, 01:39 PM
As per BLSO's lease agrement there are noise restrictions we have to adhere to.

Noise restrictions as follows, all pipes must not reach a noise level above
85db.....Basically All pipes must be muffled

In regards to which pipes are ok ......

-Side doms
-RD logics
-Stock 5b/t cans
-Victory silenced- Highly recommended
- or anything else with a silencer from factory built in

suzukiboy
29-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Do you have a sound meter to measure the exhaust?

nitro-drifter
29-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Understand the reasoning would have helped with the lease agreement etc, however, extremely unfortunate. I was planning to travel out to Wacol next meet - but that restriction in itself is a killer for me. I spent good cash on a rear dom and don't have that much to play with these days.

Anyway - not that you guys will mourn the loss of one potential club member.

All the best guys. That track looks so damn fine!!

suzukiboy
29-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Understand the reasoning would have helped with the lease agreement etc, however, extremely unfortunate. I was planning to travel out to Wacol next meet - but that restriction in itself is a killer for me. I spent good cash on a rear dom and don't have that much to play with these days.

I can point you in the direction of a silencer for around $23, the reason I asked about haven't a sound meter is I run a SS pipe and can fit the silencer but I don't know if it will reduce the noise level to 85db.

main_event
29-03-2010, 02:45 PM

ND your SS kit would have come with a stock can that you can use.

Myself and Dave now run stock cans (purely for weight savings and also it increases the driveability of your Baja) and also now the entire novice class at our track are required to run the stock can as well (opens are not restricted)

Don't give racing a miss just because of your pipe! Get it silienced or dig up that stock can!

nitro-drifter
29-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Ahh - jolly good. Pls send through details re silencer (via PM if not from a forum sponsor).

thanks!

M_E - I think I may have given that away to someone in SYD - or possibly that could have been the SS pipe.

I will have a look through my spare parts bin (not a box anymore!!) and see if i can find anything. Good advice though - cheers dude.

N-D

spiralink
29-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Do you have a sound meter to measure the exhaust?

Yes i have a Type 2 General purpose meter & Calibrator which complies with
Noise Code Of Practice 2004.

fwzflqwer
27-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Can I use DDM dominator (app:ds:dominator) for 5T?

spiralink
27-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Firstly Welcome to the Forum & BLSO Section

As long as its below 85db's, the best way would be to bring it out to our track on our next race day which is on 9-01-11, if it is a little loud all you would have to do is fit some heater hose and a muffler which most guys did fit during the early days with the DDM rear dominator to be below 85db.

fwzflqwer
30-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Firstly Welcome to the Forum & BLSO Section

As long as its below 85db's, the best way would be to bring it out to our track on our next race day which is on 9-01-11, if it is a little loud all you would have to do is fit some heater hose and a muffler which most guys did fit during the early days with the DDM rear dominator to be below 85db.
I want to join your club

I don`t have phone.Can I contract you by email?

I have some questions

Could you give me you email?

I email is [email protected]

Please send an email to me.

spiralink
30-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I want to join your club

I don`t have phone.Can I contract you by email?

I have some questions

Could you give me you email?

I email is [email protected]

Please send an email to me.

Email sent
cheers

My email ([email protected]) for anyone else who is interested in joining blso, or would just like to ask some questions in relation to blso.

fwzflqwer
31-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Email sent
cheers

My email ([email protected]) for anyone else who is interested in joining blso, or would just like to ask some questions in relation to blso.

Hi,mate

I have sent the email to you please check it

spiralink
01-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi,mate

I have sent the email to you please check it

response sent.

Dr1fty
03-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Heya's...

Thinking of coming out.. However this could be an issue for me.. I have a 23cc with CPI Tuned pipe.. (Unsure if it's the "bigbore" version or not). However, both of them list as having a muffler built into them from the factory. I dont know if this would be under the 85db though.

Does anyone who lives on the northside have a sound meter and 15 mins of time to measure my car ?

Cheers
:)

Bah HaHa Mark
04-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Hey Dr1fty,
There will be a few of us out there that will have a spare Stock V2 can. If its too loud then just borrow a can for the day & sort your own later. I will remember to bring my spare with me. If anyone upgrades their engine with a CY 27.5 4 Bolt, It comes complete with carb, pullstart, clutch & Stock V2 exhaust. Great spares

Cheers
Mark

towie964
04-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Heya's...

Thinking of coming out.. However this could be an issue for me.. I have a 23cc with CPI Tuned pipe.. (Unsure if it's the "bigbore" version or not). However, both of them list as having a muffler built into them from the factory. I dont know if this would be under the 85db though.

Does anyone who lives on the northside have a sound meter and 15 mins of time to measure my car ?

Cheers

Hi Drifty,

DB meter at my house works well, you know the number, give me a call and come measure your Baja.

Dr1fty
04-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Thanks bud.. I'll be seeing you soon then!!! lol

chicko
05-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Hope its all good and hope the rain stays away so the track isn't too wet.

spiralink
05-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Hope its all good and hope the rain stays away so the track isn't too wet.

Wont be much going on until the rain slow's down, the track is still way to wet for a bobcat to groom the track or even a ride on mower, especially after anothe sh t load of run tonight!