Australian RC Forums banner

MY Seducer Cat :P

7K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Sandman77 
#1 ·
Hey everyone.

As some may know Benkie sold his cat and i was lucky enough to get it.

So as promised pics as follows:

I need to get a few small things like 100 degree header n IV bag for fuel tank. Few small bits n bobs some new bolts etc. But she is nearly ready to go.

The RCMK motor fits like a charm but I can see why Shane was having probs with the QD motor. Still not a huge amount of room there with my motor n his is about another 10mm wider with the inelt manifold on it.

Hopefully have it hitting some sort of water either this weekend or next depending when i get the IV bag.

See less See more
#3 ·
well no videos yet but did take it for a really quick squrit over the weekend.

Only ran it for approx 5 mins. was running WAY TO wet so gotta play with it and had no tools on me at the time.

So got a few things to change around on it and going away for a week camping again soon so WILL MAKE SURE i get some vids of her running then.

Cheers
Matt

#4 ·
Hi Matt

Good to see you have her up and running :thumb:

Try the strut half an inch up (12mm) and kick the prop up around 4 degree,s and see how that goes

You dont realy need to run a water pump on it if you dont want to, but if you want to its cool.

If it was me, what i was going to do when i was going to use this cat with the rcmk evo was run it with out the water pump, high iddle and trim it up more for single person take off.

Run one water line from the rudder to the rcmk evo head, then run the water out line from the head outlet to the exhaust couple then out thru the water outlet on the hull.

Then run the other water line from the rudder to the exhaust flange then to the water outlet.

Any way have fun and keep us updated on how you go

#5 ·
hey shane,

yeah i just running the pump coz i have it so thats only reason.

I have the head running through the pump then straight out and the other water line without pump running to exhaust flange then to exhaust coupling then to outlet.

Getting a good steady even flow through then both so i happy. Neither water outlets are getting to warm so i am very happy.

The strut is facing a far bit down atm just coz i had to take it off when playing around with the pipe mount. The run this weekend was pretty much just a test run to see what needs changing for the camping trip.

I gotta replace a lot of the bolts with proper (metric lol) so i dont have to carry so many tools. then i should be having some fun with the boat.

Gotta tune the motor yet. Still running factory settings. thought i would run a few tanks first. Even though there are no instructions on running it in or not.

Thats one thing i have found with RCMK is their ADVISE on the motor is pretty much non existant. Broken parts support is A1. But just not advice lol.

#6 ·
the seaducer cats seam to like i hight strut with a bit of positive (upward angle on the prop)

alot of the bolts where floged on the cat, i was going to replace them to metric, but i have alot of af tools and im used to af bolts from doing up ols cars and my rc large scales with usa parts.

the motor i have is all af and the new hard ware ive orded is all af and i orded a box of af 200 nuts, bolts and blid nuts so im stuck with af.

so did you find is still was a bit quicker then your mono even though it was running wet ?

if you can try to run the strut around 1/2 inch or 6mm up from sitting level with the ride pad, when i say 6mm up i mean from the to the center line of the flexi shaft and kick the prop up wards a little.

i didnt get much testing it due to tune and carb clearnce issues but i set the strut around 6mm with 1 or so degree positive with no more then 80% throttle for its first couple of runs with the new quickdraw and a small prop and it ran ok aroubnd 99kmh was my top speed with stock carb settings and a new motor, but still needed more positive on the prop, and more time spent on the set up.

but im sure youll figer it out very quickly as your that kind of bloke and soon ill be able ot ask you advice about my new build :thumb:

#7 ·
LOL thanks benckie.
Got quite a lot to learn about these things still. I will hopefully have plenty of time to play with it when we go away so should be perfect setup by the end lol.

Whens your new hull due? Ordered yet?

#11 ·
well taking this baby up to the river has been delayed atm.

Got a BAD phone call on weds night. Company i "worked" for went into receivership. SOOO I was told over the phone by some guy in a suit that I no longer have a job, on the spot no notice nothing.

Seems like I MIGHT MIGHT just have a job soon. Seems as if they will be bought out and we offered our jobs back. Just maybe lol. So I am told but there have been a few promises from this company lately n none come through so we will see.

Anyways we are trying to organise going away on anzac weekend or if i can find somewhere to run it locally i might do that too.

Could have some time on my hands soon lol.

#13 ·
well looks like i will be ok with work find out hopefully tomorrow.

As for cat I havent even looked at it till yesty. Just gave it a clean up and started it to blow cobwebs out lol.

Going away again soon so will DEFIANTLY get videos of it then.

As far as what I have done this week well got lots done to house i was planning on doing which is good but nothing on me cars or boats lol.

#14 ·
OK Well has been quite some time since I updated this. That camping trip I spoke about above I got missus to take a video but she hit wrong button on phone and I didnt know until I got home to try get it off lol.

Anyways went away last week again and had a ball. Took the whole RC crew lol and got some good footage of the boats. Didnt even think to get some of the baja or savage.

Well so I finally got the seducer and lots of time to play with it. Funny I could never get the S254 motor running well and knew it was tune issue. So as I was mucking around with the motor and putting it in other hull I noticed I never cut the header back. It was still full length and was that far into the pipe it was nearly half way through. So trimmed it up to where I wanted it and WOW lol.

It still wasnt running right. It was boggy as hell down low. Gun it and would just go around struggling unless you eased the throttle on and it would rev out. Later found out (big thanks to RC Hobbies) the carb settings for the Walbro 257 is different to others. So reset needles (almost full turn to rich on H and 1.5t to low on L) and away it went.

We lined it up against the ski boat the day before the vid below and I was wrapped how it went. We clocked the ski boat with GPS at 79kmh flat out. Not much I know but its an old girl and motor needs rebuild. Doesnt rev a huge amount anymore lol. Anyways the seducer happily pulled away from the ski boat at what we think is maybe around the mid to high 80's. ATLEAST 85kmh. Pulled away pretty quick.

BUT then I hit some crap in the river and broke the brass bolt holding rudder on. Is meant to break so rudder just flips up in event like this to save the rear of boat being ripped off. Had a spare so all good. Kept running and playing with tune.

Got it running very well and was revving clean out to about 16,500rpm. (shop tach in boat :D)

Took for a spin (video below) with camera this time and i think the second cut in video is roughly where I hit something in water AGAIN. So whipped up a home made fix which didn't work well lol. In this vid you will notice as the old man nails the ski boat and I try 'overtake' the seducer keeps going right. Nearly hit the ski boat a few times. Coz the rudder had flicked up again I had to let throttle off to straighten her up and nail it again.

So enough talking lol. Heres the video.

#16 ·
awesome Matt she goes realy well !, ive had that hull nudging 100kmh she will do it and them some, i used to drag off the speed boats in glenmervan dam with the cat or mono, they would crack it when i blew past them with a toy boat and there in there big coin speed boat, some would go out of there way to make waves to flip me lols

Can't really go out with my RC Cars and drag my family wagon LOL.

why not ? or atlest make your missus drive you sit in the passenger seat and drive the rc, me and the wife used to do that witht he hpi baja clone we would get upto 85 kmh with some good gears.

#20 ·
Thanks Shane. I reckon it still has a bit more it in. I stuffed the prop unfortunately. Rounded the edges RIGHT over when it hit something in the ground. So when it is pushing water properly again n clock it again. Had a ball though with it finally hooking along. Was wrapped.

Sandman I havent actually run it anywhere else yet. I hear there is a place in altona to run em and also Caribbean gardens they have the club there so might wander on down one day.

Kamipalms - I have run the DX3S in both my savages, mini-t and2 of me boats. I run the marine RX in the boats and hasnt gone outta range at all and never faulted at all. The marine RX is waterproof to which is great lol. No matter how sealed a radio box is water still finds a way in. As for range the boat gets far enough away I get worried what I am running in so bring it back and I have had the savage on the opposite side (goal to goal) on a footy field and again its getting to hard to see where you are pointing it lol.

Also have a Futaba 3PM in the baja. I will say it SEEMS like a more advanced radio BUT I haven't used any of those features yet.

Same goes for the 3PM never had a problem with range or faults etc.

#22 ·
Sandman I havent actually run it anywhere else yet. I hear there is a place in altona to run em and also Caribbean gardens they have the club there so might wander on down one day.
Oh thats good, carribeans really close to me so, if your ever goin down there gimme a hoi, as I'd love to see some boats running. Also if your willing to come to this side of town Lillydale & Lysterfield lakes are pretty good to run boats at, I know theres often a few sailboats at Lillydale

#21 ·
shes defo cranking along man im imprest, the rcmk,s are sweet when you look at a stock rcmk head they are more extrem then a full mod zenoah head and much more work has gone into them then the 26cc cy sikk, motors, you get great range out of your specky ive had a few and i loved them for the nitros but with my large scale i was oftern lucky to get 50 meters so i switch to futaba, the speky dx3e i used on my mirco range was a bit *** ok for the micro but that was about it, it could off been the mirco rx or rechargable batteries, but i use rechargables in every thing else with no problem and my traxxas 2.4ghz will do a footy feild in range on rechargables.

#23 ·
hehe yeah it was hooking along. Nearly lost it. When rudder broke I shut it down and went back to get it. Current in river was rushing and took it into a tree fallen into river. Went under as it got dragged under the tree and thought OH **** lol. But it popped up and was able to get it back.

Will def be checking out the lakes around melb. Be good to have somewhere to take it within an hour of home. Drop the missus as chaddy, take her credit card off her and pick he up after I finished runnign the boat hahaha. PERFECT lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.