Australian RC Forums banner

Cheap little brushless

5K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  rcslave 
#1 ·
I went to rchobbies the other day looking at getting a little cheap boat for $150 but they were sold out. Fred says to me, ''i've got a boat in my car that were thinking about selling i'll go get it''
This is what he came back with, cost me $199 the esc and motor are both water cooled and it runs on 2s/3s lipo's that about all i know.
Is there anything i need to do before putting it in the water? (bleed the cooling lines etc?)
Does anyone have any info on this boat or no where i could find some? It's a Toyabi 2000 hp super power offshore warrior. ;D

See less See more
#6 ·
Very cool mate! I was looking around for a little brushless boat that I could purchase for myself, but couldn't find any for sub $200. That one looks awesome!

Looks like you got a sweet deal (well IMO anyway, not big into the boat scene... yet). Watercooled ESC and motor, as well as some blue alloy bling! :)

I shall await the video:cool:

#7 ·
Cheers cdis.
Heres the vid, it's rainning and theres all sorts of twigs etc... getting washed into the lake, every little twig i hit, i had to bring it in and remove.
Went very well i thought. I can't wait to take it out when it's not rainning for a good run. :thumb:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfj8xzZquhc

#8 ·
I saw one of these "offshore warriors" recently, and noted a couple of small things to be aware of or that needed checking.

*use sealing tape on the cowl to keep water out
*seal the antenna tube at the hull joint and the tip
*check the solder joints are solid (the one I saw was arcing from a bad solder on the battery connections)
*seal the alignment tab on the cowl (little pin that locates the top cowl to the hull, on the front of the cowl)
*place receiver in a waterproof container or in a balloon
*waterproof the seals on the servo, and around the spline
*glue some straps to the inside of the hull to keep the battery still during use
*replace the double sided tape for holding down the ESC

Might sound like a heap of things but it is not really, it is all little things that will take no time at all to do, and make your boat more reliable and last longer.
It was a pretty well balance boat and went off like a frog in a sock:D

#9 ·
As Towie said this is a big one to check...

*check the solder joints are solid (the one I saw was arcing from a bad solder on the battery connections)

My gas boat had the worst wirering I have seen.

What batterys are you running?

#10 · (Edited)
Cheers Towie, some good advice there...
The battery is held on with velco (already stuck on the inside of the boat and came with a strip to stick to your batteries), the boat came with a roll of tape, a deans plug (female), 2 allen keys and some heat shrink. The esc is just sitting loose, i'll stick it down with some double sided tape.
Im not sure how you go about opening and resealing the water cooled esc (to check soldering) Defenatly going to put the Rx in a balloon. The antenna seems to be sealed already, i'll smear some grease around it just incase, same with the servo.

Im not sure what the battery is, it's a 3s (can tell by the balence plug) but thats about all i know. Fred said he gets em in and puts there own lables on em but this ones not done yet. he siad what they are but i can't remember :confused:

#11 ·
Dont worry about opening the ESC, it is the other end (Battery) that was the problem in the one I was looking at.

#18 ·
I seen 1 at oz r/c for around $280 and the other at aussiehobbys for i think $370 .They were the same brand,same boat ,both were yelow thats the only diference.I googeled toyabi and they dont evan have this boat on there web page.So you got a orsome deal and seems like a great boat.

#21 ·
Yeah came rtr but i don't think it's ment to come with the battery, Fred chucked it in to seal the deal. (dosn't come with any charger)
Only the radio gear has toyabi on it so the boat must be made by someone else. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.