Australian RC Forums banner

Need A Prop Asap

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  benckie 
#1 ·
Hey ,

Well good ol courier please are USELESS!!!

Rang them to organise a drop off which is my prop and they have screwed it up and now wont get it till next week sometime.

And just so happens I am heading 300kms in the opposite direction early tomorrow. Was meant to leave tonight but got called out at work.

Anyways does anyone have a 7016 1/4" shaft or similar prop they would like to get rid of. I can pickup tonight with cash.
NEED a prop tonight as I am going away to use the boat and well i dont have any 1/4" props. Got a few 3/16" but that doesnt help at all ARGH.

#3 ·
i used to use curriers please, slow and unrelible most times.

bugger about the prop where are you located and where are you heading there must be a hobby shop on the way ?

from what ive read rcmk,s like to rev so they like a slightly smaller prop then a zenoah, mabe a 7014/3 would be good to try out firt mabe ?

#4 ·
matt its a pitty you are so far away from me i would of lent you my 7016/3 prop untill yours arrived

fingers crossed you can pick one up from a hobby shop near you

and dont forget that we all want to see some videos of the boat in action !!

#6 ·
sorry guys should of said for those who dont know.

I am in Sunbury Victoria.

There are hobby shops around but not sure if they will stock any props.

We will be in Echuca and there is a bit of a chance the guy there has one. They use to have a club up there so maybe.

I do have my old props but they r both 3/16th. Thinking of drilling them out but will need to be PERFECT so they dont go out of balance to much.

Worst comes to worst i will get the prop shipped to me old mans place n pick it up off him hopefully tuesday.

I might drill a prop n just use it to cruze around for a few tanks to run it in. Would like to go easy on it for a lil bit lol.

And Aussie6er vids will be up hehe. Looking forward to seeing it also. But affraid it wont be to quick without a prop lol.

#8 ·
yeah. well this one DID try and get delivered this arvo. But i rang them and told them i will not be home can they call me back with details on where i can get it. get home n slip in letterbox n no call back.

I was leaving tonight but things come up with work so had to stay back tonight.

All good. I just drilled out a spare i had. Went up sizes until 1/4". Drilled fine and very central. So that will do for a slow cruze while i run it in. And i will be onto couriers please tomorrow saying if i dont have it on me before i leave tomorrow they can deliver it to the old mans ASAP and for free.

see how i go. Anyone know if they are open saturdays?

#10 ·
it was a fake octura x478.

Quite big. Prolly bit big for this motor. As u say they like to rev n thrive with a smaller prop.

this will do atm until i can chase down my good one.

#11 ·
it was a fake octura x478.

Quite big. Prolly bit big for this motor. As u say they like to rev n thrive with a smaller prop.

this will do atm until i can chase down my good one.

its a big prop the gen is OC-X482 2 BLADE 3.22" x 4.508" or 82 x 114.8 mm

from what ive read they like longer header lengths and slightly smaller props, speaking to some prop guys in the usa they say the same thing, but i never got to run my rcmk evo

#13 ·
lol ouch about bending it.

Yeah it was very central. I done it on a drill press and upped the sizes very slowly till it fit to try keep it centered and worked well.

More updates on the dramas in the boat thread....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.