Australian RC Forums banner

where to run rc boat in Sydney

13K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  eXraycer 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone know of a place in Sydneys west to run rc boats. I have 3 nitro boats and I'm dying to take them out this holiday season.
Thanks,
Noel

#4 ·
#5 ·
Henry lawson drive about 1km from the mecchano set traffic lights driving south on the left hand side. (The road side area opens up enough to park safely.) If you go past the old RC car track you've gone about 200m too far. There's a bitumen driveway entrance accross the road to the picnic areas but don't go to that lake it's crap compared to the one I describe.) You gotta walk up through the the bush about 20meters on an old track before you can see the small lake. I run my SuperVee 27 and it's well big enough for that. I get range glithes if I use the whole lake so it's a fine size.

#7 ·
I remember when i was little they used to have rc boats at Narrabeen somewear... I used to love watching them :)

Mind you i think they were pretty slow paced back then :p

I guess it died off.... ill do a search and see what i find

Dave

#8 · (Edited)
Where to run boats in Sydney.

Narrabeen lagoon near the academy of sport off the parkway.

Huge body of water, good facillities and parking. You can run any boat you like without bothering anyone!

Narabeen Lagoon is brackish water!

"Flush your boat after every run"

Bring your Binoculars! :p You might need them! :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.