: Blade400 Drift

arniemar2000
25-11-2009, 09:08 AM
I Am An Absolute Beginner & Just Bought A Blade400 2nd Hand.when It's Just About To Lift Off It Drifts To The Left. Can This Be Fixed With Aileron Trim Or Should I Be Looking At The Setup???? Wanna Sort It Out Before I Attempt To Get It Airborne....

main_event
25-11-2009, 09:46 AM
This is a effect of the rotors moving through the air, and the thrust they are producing, being in ground effect does not help either (which is turbulence from the wind off the ground effecting the heli)

On takeoff all you need to do is compensate with a bit of right stick until you get up in the air

Peter
25-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Nope .. Normal rotor effect causes the heli to go right, as the advancing blade( on the left side) generates slightly more lift than the retreating blade; for clockwise rotating machines at least!!

Check the swash plate is staying perfectly level throughout the full swash travel, and the heli is sitting horizontal as you lift off . And if the heli is leaning at all when you lift off , it'll go in the direction its leaning...

it's also important to not try to "gently " lift off; the heli is lots happier if you advance power till it's ALMOST flying , then give a small jab to the throttle , then back off a tad as it lifts..

Some of the throttle curve setups need refining to , NORMAL throttle curve should be around 0 , 50 , 70 ,80, 90 , 100.. that maintains a higher head speed , giving you much better control...

It IS fun .......;);)

arniemar2000
27-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks For The Advice...